Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1703 1704 [1705] 1706 1707 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 943088 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #25560 on: November 26, 2022, 02:19:56 PM »

I am ready for a little lineup shift once Cam gets back. I think he and Rose were questionable last night.

Mitch Sims
Randle Obi
Cam RJ
Grimes IQ
Brunson McBride

If anyone breaks down, you have a worse athlete but a good shooter and smart player to step up in Hartenstein, Fournier, Svi, Archi, and Rose.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #25561 on: November 26, 2022, 03:02:15 PM »

The next few games will be a big test of team composure. Do we find a way to adjust to unbalanced  reffing or do we fixate on it, lose focus of the game plan, and get waxxed?

I am rooting for composure but not holding my breath.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25562 on: November 27, 2022, 06:29:46 PM »

I am ready for a little lineup shift once Cam gets back. I think he and Rose were questionable last night.

Mitch Sims
Randle Obi
Cam RJ
Grimes IQ
Brunson McBride

If anyone breaks down, you have a worse athlete but a good shooter and smart player to step up in Hartenstein, Fournier, Svi, Archi, and Rose.

I'd like to see RJ in the second unit too. Never thought he was a great fit with Randle.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25563 on: November 27, 2022, 09:05:14 PM »

Would be a magnificent lineup, been wanting RJ off the bench for a year, but we'll never see it 'til both Thibs & Rose are fired, bench our golden boy, lol...never. That said..

best RJ game in a LONG time
best Knick game in a LONG time

almost magnificent, Thibs gets major demerits at the end on the offensive end for failing to include a single pass or screen or anything whatsoever, in either of our final two out-of-timeout plays..

JEEZ WHAT COULD BE MORE OBVIOUS THAN TWO ALL BY HIMSELF BRUNSON PLAYS

"just go win the game please my brain hurts"

...and at the defensive end for failing to get Grimes back in there for Morant-time, WTF, did he watch the first half? Clearly didn't want to pull Reddish who was playing great, so he would have had to pull, you know, golden boy....not gonna happen lol..so we get to lose some more.

Still good stuff. I enjoyed!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 09:18:43 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25564 on: November 27, 2022, 09:06:16 PM »

So...how we doing with our new game closer?

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #25565 on: November 27, 2022, 09:16:56 PM »

he failed, twice, but not blaming him, pretty f'ing great game otherwise.

Where the F was Derrick Rose tho....
What the F is going on with Derrick Rose?
Is he cooked? Does he turn into a pumpkin after 12 minutes of play? WTF is the story.
If not, I'd rather have had him on the floor at the end, coming in cold, than anybody not named Brunson.

How come nobody is even asking that question?

**** Totally OT, sad that Bo isn't alive to see this day: https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/26/china/china-protests-xinjiang-fire-shanghai-intl-hnk/index.html
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 11:30:33 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Waiting for December
« Reply #25566 on: November 27, 2022, 11:33:17 PM »

Thibs gets major demerits at the end on the offensive end for failing to include a single pass or screen or anything whatsoever, in either of our final two out-of-timeout plays..

JEEZ WHAT COULD BE MORE OBVIOUS THAN TWO ALL BY HIMSELF BRUNSON PLAYS

"just go win the game please my brain hurts"

...and at the defensive end for failing to get Grimes back in there for Morant-time, WTF, did he watch the first half?

Spot on, doggie 🐶

Me? Just waiting for December so I can go back to calling for Thibs head.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• View Profile
Re: Waiting for December
« Reply #25567 on: November 28, 2022, 10:34:01 AM »

Ah you are on an embargo too...

For the most part honestly, thought it was a very well played/coached game.
Impressed how Barrett, for once, did not try to force the issue inside (would have been absolutely suicidal with Adams and Jaren Jackson in the lane, and Dillon Brooks lurking around). He made some nice plays in addition to picking and choosing and shooting efficiently

But have to have your best defensive players out there against Morant in crunch-time , the Grimes/Mitch combo had been masterful earlier, and if your own crunch-time offense devolves to "go get it Jalen" it doesn't matter too much who the other guys are from an offensive perspective.

**** Also, think I would have rather seen Jericho than Hartenstein when Mitch was out..but good game, I do not feel sick. Want more.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 10:38:00 AM by lesterluv »

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Waiting for December
« Reply #25568 on: November 28, 2022, 12:53:27 PM »

Ah you are on an embargo too...

For the most part honestly, thought it was a very well played/coached game.
Impressed how Barrett, for once, did not try to force the issue inside (would have been absolutely suicidal with Adams and Jaren Jackson in the lane, and Dillon Brooks lurking around). He made some nice plays in addition to picking and choosing and shooting efficiently

But have to have your best defensive players out there against Morant in crunch-time , the Grimes/Mitch combo had been masterful earlier, and if your own crunch-time offense devolves to "go get it Jalen" it doesn't matter too much who the other guys are from an offensive perspective.

**** Also, think I would have rather seen Jericho than Hartenstein when Mitch was out..but good game, I do not feel sick. Want more.

Word

chipstern

• View Profile
Stats
« Reply #25569 on: November 28, 2022, 01:35:50 PM »

Brunson & RJ played strong games. 

Worth noting, however that they totalled 37 shots between them. 

Made 17. From three, 5-11, and 13-14 FTs. 

Not too shabby. 

STILL...

Randle, Robinson, Grimes and Reddish took 29 shots between them, Randle [14-11-9] all of nine, including [SIGH] five threes, making 16. 

Why does this NOT SEEM LIKE AN IDEAL BREAKDOWN? 

Dear THIBS

I HATE All Of Those FUCKING THREE POINTERS

PS: TT's much vaunted defense is missing in action.  WAZAP with that? 

PPS: Dear Kiid, as per Jalen Brunson?  Go FUCK yourself. 

« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 02:09:05 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #25570 on: November 28, 2022, 02:57:24 PM »

Hopefully we are getting to a place where Grimes and Reddish both play more and play more together.

IQ getting hurt did not help, as he both takes and creates shots. If he has to step back, I hope to see Deuce get some run.

Grimes and Deuce are shooting around .640 from inside the arc and have a 3 to 1 and 8 to 1 assist to TO ratios. Maybe that is where some more of our looks should be going.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: Kemba
« Reply #25571 on: November 28, 2022, 02:58:15 PM »

Mr. Walker lands a job in Dallas.

Kemba is a Mav.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #25572 on: November 28, 2022, 03:27:52 PM »

Hopefully we are getting to a place where Grimes and Reddish both play more and play more together.

IQ getting hurt did not help, as he both takes and creates shots. If he has to step back, I hope to see Deuce get some run.

Grimes and Deuce are shooting around .640 from inside the arc and have a 3 to 1 and 8 to 1 assist to TO ratios. Maybe that is where some more of our looks should be going.

Thibs' offense seems to mainly consist of running clearouts for RJ and Jalen, while everyone else stands around waiting to launch "AN OPEN THREE." 

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25573 on: November 28, 2022, 05:01:12 PM »

Given that we're dead last in 3-point percentage, you've got a point.

But put another way, if we were just shooting it a bit better, a couple of these losses would have been wins.

And it's not just about the shooting percentage. It's when we make them. Could be my imagination, but it feels like our opponents make "clutch" 3's at a much higher clip than we do.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25574 on: November 28, 2022, 05:04:35 PM »

Anyhow, I'm in positive pussy mode.

Brunson is fabulous. Reddish is surprising and delighting. Grimes and IQ seem to be reemerging. We're getting awfully competitive. Even some signs that the defense is getting stronger.

Think we're coming along.

Pages: 1 ... 1703 1704 [1705] 1706 1707 ... 1850