Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1720 1721 [1722] 1723 1724 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964454 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #25815 on: December 28, 2022, 02:17:03 PM »

As to our offensive breakdown, our top two ball handlers in closing situations were unavailable, so some hiccups were expected.

Additionally, if we want to get Randle the ball at the elbow, rather than a static dump down, run pick and roll where the first look is Randle at short roll. If we are going to post Randle he should post deep. He is way more effective in that scenario as almost any player with a developed post game is. The fakes fades and pivots are a much more immediate threat if he starts down low.

I will take four or five losses to run with this group if it convinces everyone that when we are at full strength that Grimes should remain a full participant starter instead of reverting to 3 and D when our full compliment is available, especially if it also wakes up Quickley and plants key seeds for Deuce as he develops.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25816 on: December 28, 2022, 03:09:03 PM »

I feel bad for Julius with this one. Lot on his back.

Also feel bad for Thibs.

You can see how much he wants it. How he gets guys to play extremely hard.

But his tactical weaknesses seem exposed again and again.

I do not think it is planning so much as teaching the offense that is the problem. Specifically, on the Julius elbow play, when it is reasonably defended, Jules gives two fakes and looks to make a pass. In that time no one has moved. There need to be actions away that spring players free to come toward Jules for a rythym jumper or a dive down the lane. Instead we stood around and watched and started working on cuts and screens about five beats in when it was already too late.

I like your observations about using Randle (here and in your next post).

That said, we're consistently awful at the end of games.

And that...is a coaching thing.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #25817 on: December 28, 2022, 03:24:56 PM »

Game had lots of great moments for us. Grimes, Robinson, IQ, Julius, McBride. We're coming around.

And if not for THE SUPERSTAR, our coach almost got away with one.

But when you're playing guys all these minutes (McBride played for 48 46! McBride!), you shouldn't be shocked that they falter in the letter stages of the game.

We've got talent on the bench! Fruit dying on the vine!

Thib's inflexibility feels....dumb.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 12:48:07 PM by elephant »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #25818 on: December 28, 2022, 09:20:43 PM »

Kidd subbing in McGee to close was the master chess move of the whole contest.

Looking at the salary structure of our roster going forward in terms of guys we play, it looks like the move going forward for this season is to get these guys playing together so they play better going forward into the years we still have most of them under contract. That means trying to win.

Towards that end I propose offering Houston a protected pick from our draft capital to swap Eric Gordon and Josh Christopher for Cam and Evan.

Gordon gives us a tough ass shot maker with smarts and experience while Christopher gives us a moldable young wing with some strength and pop. If they do or do not crack the rotation, they replace players who tried and failed to crack it. I think it would be worth it to roll the dice if the draft cost is reasonably proportionate.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
failed to crack it
« Reply #25819 on: December 28, 2022, 09:33:37 PM »

Fac, regarding Cam, I do not know if the failure is with him or with Thibs, who never gave him a fair chance at it.

PS. Where is Chip when his favorite coach needs defenders?
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Intransigence
« Reply #25820 on: December 29, 2022, 01:08:08 AM »

The Dallas Loss Is On Thibs

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Intransigence
« Reply #25821 on: December 29, 2022, 02:53:32 AM »

Capable players in Rose, Reddish and Fournier on the pine, and he treats his starters like fucking draft animals. 

Was Reddish going to STOP Luka. 

Dave DeB wasn't going to STOP Doncic. 

However, a seven foot wing span, a fresh set of legs, someone who needs to be guarded on offense. 

Might have given us a few positive possessions, just enough to keep the hounds at bay. 

Robinson [36] Randle [45], Grimes [48], McBride [46] and Quickley [51] were UTTERLY FUCKING GASSED.  They all played great, but had nothing left in the tank.  Which showed in defensive possessions, short armed threes, missed foul shots. 

Mavs starters played big minutes, too. 

But Kidd didn't play an 8-man rotation. 

Kidd played eleven, his bench for 61 minutes. 

Thibs played eight, his bench for 37 minutes. 

I get the nine man rotation thing, but fuck me

Think Evan and Cam might've been, oh, I don't know...FUCKING MOTIVATED to contribute to what should have been a road victory? 

We weren't whupped, even with Luka's generational game. 

But we came up short.  Were up 10 going into the fourth, still up by what 8-10, with under two minutes to play.  Outscored 33-22 in the fourth.  Thibs didn't miss all those free throws, but he, cause and effect...someone stop the bleeding, hello? 

In part, because of short rotations and short sighted thinking by a stubborn major domo. 
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 03:01:23 AM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Mark THIS On Your Calendar
« Reply #25822 on: December 29, 2022, 08:06:06 AM »

January 28, 2023

Knicks Vs Nets

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Mark THIS On Your Calendar
« Reply #25823 on: December 29, 2022, 12:40:47 PM »

January 28, 2023

Knicks Vs Nets

Well, you did not lift my fatwa, so I cannot YET say what I am hoping for.

But you know what it is.

The Nyets did it, and it worked.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Mark THIS On Your Calendar
« Reply #25824 on: December 29, 2022, 02:55:53 PM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #25825 on: December 29, 2022, 03:32:28 PM »

Thibs put his team in a position to win up into the very last possession against an opponent who was having a historic performance without his top ball handler and scorer going in and minus his second guy a minute in.

There were faults sure, but any one free throw or one more box out could have won the game. This was much less a coach burning game than the last time we met the Mavs where quitting was the problem.

I am calling it progress on as many fronts as it was regression.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Fac
« Reply #25826 on: December 29, 2022, 03:43:46 PM »

What you wrote would make sense if it did no happen repeatedly. A coach plays what in fact is a 7 man rotation, the guys are exhausted at the end of games, when it counts most, and therefore are unable to defend or score.
So, we are blowing games because our coach is a stubborn, blind mofo and you see progress? You may be endangering your coaching candidacy.

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #25827 on: December 29, 2022, 04:37:14 PM »

Once he found guys he wanted to use he got a stretch of top five defense combined with mid pack or better offense. Barrett and Brunson are not out long and we are finding out what guys in that strong defense group can and cannot do with those touches.

I am advocating for a trade because I expect to keep the coach and value guys he might use in the context of our current team over those he has looked at and put on a shelf.

I want another guy or two that can hold up their end of our D both athletically and by remembering their assignments and communicating. That way when we are short handed, we are not so short handed.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Chip responds to Fac
« Reply #25828 on: December 29, 2022, 05:13:06 PM »

Capable players in Rose, Reddish and Fournier on the pine, and he treats his starters like fucking draft animals. 

Was Reddish going to STOP Luka. 

Dave DeB wasn't going to STOP Doncic. 

However, a seven foot wing span, a fresh set of legs, someone who needs to be guarded on offense. 

Might have given us a few positive possessions, just enough to keep the hounds at bay. 

Robinson [36] Randle [45], Grimes [48], McBride [46] and Quickley [51] were UTTERLY FUCKING GASSED.  They all played great, but had nothing left in the tank.  Which showed in defensive possessions, short armed threes, missed foul shots. 

Think Evan and Cam might've been, oh, I don't know...FUCKING MOTIVATED to contribute to what should have been a road victory? 

Were still up by what 8-10, with under two minutes to play.  Outscored 33-22 in the fourth.  Thibs didn't miss all those free throws, but he, cause and effect...someone stop the bleeding, hello? 

In part, because of short rotations and short-sighted thinking by a stubborn major domo.

Fac, I am disappointed in your coaching analysis.

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Spurs Centet
« Reply #25829 on: December 30, 2022, 06:10:02 AM »

Poeltl is it.

One of Facil's old trades with the Raptors, who used the #1 they got in the Bargnani heist to select the Austrian born center, later flipping JP and DeRozan for Kawhi
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 10:38:02 AM by chipstern »
Pages: 1 ... 1720 1721 [1722] 1723 1724 ... 1851