Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1822 1823 [1824] 1825 1826 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 919294 times)

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #27345 on: December 28, 2023, 04:03:24 PM »

So at some point, you gotta say, RJ is who RJ is and who RJ will be.

And that's not so great. His season averages precisely mirror his career averages. The pre-migraine consistency is well rear view mirror. He may reward us with a four game streak of good play right after this post, but he's as inadequate and inconsistent a starter as ole THjr. turned out to be.

Yeah Julius quit. But until then, gotta feel our PG's could have done a slightly better job making him the focus of the offense when OKC clearly couldn't handle the Randle.*** That goes for both JB and Quick, who despite the shooting, had some patented 22 second me-me possessions that really should be gotten rid of.

OKC beats folks, yes, but think some modifications are in order. Personally, I've been itching for some McBride time....

*** Not that he always passed out of the triple team, but it really would help if JH wasn't a shooting guard who can't shoot

Agree with the RJ stuff. Which is why I tend to not comment on his play, save that he has RARELY played well at the end of the game in his NBA career. He's definitely improved this year (at least until the migraines). That impressed me. And yeah, I also liked that it increased his value for any potential trades.

As for the other observations.

The guards could have done a "slightly better job" getting the ball to Randle. Like....okay?

IQ has discernible flaws. I mean...yeah. He also has the Knicks best +/- and his energy and passion has won us more than a few games. Just saying.

And McBride might really make a difference? Cuz you know, it's our guards that are the problem? Whatever. I suppose McBride might get some time if IQ is sent off in a trade. Otherwise, Thibs shows no sign of playing him.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27346 on: December 30, 2023, 12:58:41 PM »

Thank you RJ. Thank you IQ.

Welcome OG, Precious, and Malachi.

Roster in 2024, pending league approval

Hartenstein Gibson Mitch
Randle Achiuwa Sims
OG Hart Fournier Jefferies
Donte Grimes
Brunson McBride Flynn

« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 01:04:50 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #27347 on: December 30, 2023, 01:09:31 PM »

OG seems like a great fit.

Price seems....extremely high.

I'll miss IQ's passion, energy....and the fucker hardly missed a foul shot. Perhaps they figured they couldn't pay him what he wants/deserves in the summer? Anyhow this hurts.

Lester's psychic desire for McBride is powerful!

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27348 on: December 30, 2023, 01:56:31 PM »

I forgot about Archi.

We waived Jefferies so the roster actually looks like this

Hartenstein Taj Mitch
Randle Achiuwa Sims
OG Hart Fournier
Donte Grimes Archi
Brunson McBride Flynn

We still have the injury exception and the likely Dallas first rounder as well as our own
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27349 on: December 30, 2023, 03:16:43 PM »

We could have gone with Quickley over Brunson. We would now have a couple of years left of Quickley at a salary in the mid teens. Toronto will show us wether we choose right or wrong in that department.

I think Grimes and McBride can pick up all of the IQ slack.

I think Thibs has a team that is more capable of playing the way he wants to play than he did before the trade.

To me, Precious Achiuwa is the underrated piece here. He will let us take a little load off of Randle and bring bounce and power to the backup spot that we lost in Obi.

I think we traded angst and flair for fit and force and it only cost us one of the top picks in the second round.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27350 on: December 30, 2023, 03:38:12 PM »

Quickley will probably make more than Brunson starting next year for the remainder of the cure contract Brunson is under. This is based on an expectation that IQ will do as well starting in Toronto as he did as a fill in starter for us.

Signing Quickley and keeping RJ would close a lot of doors to getting better for this team

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27351 on: December 30, 2023, 04:10:00 PM »

If we are trying for a run now, rather than incremental progress, Fournier and draft capital for Jonathan Issac is the next call to make.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #27352 on: December 30, 2023, 04:40:36 PM »

If we are trying for a run now, rather than incremental progress, Fournier and draft capital for Jonathan Issac is the next call to make.

Seriously?

Maybe we can make a run at Greg Oden and Gordon Hayward  while we're at it.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #27353 on: December 30, 2023, 05:18:06 PM »

Poor Fournier! (poor, rich Fournier!)

There's a man who probably would have liked living in Toronto.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27354 on: December 30, 2023, 06:03:51 PM »

Lester's psychic desire for McBride is powerful!

Didn't realize the strength of my desires!

....well, it all kind of felt like it was coming.

IQ was playing for himself, and his coming contract, nothing wrong with that, but I do prefer Deuce. I don't have to see those 21 second possessions that were clearly pissing off some of his teammates as well as me. Yes, IQ is a superior offensive talent. May regret it. So be it.

RJ, I've spoken at length on, looked like he'd lost his spark lately, maybe knew it was coming, may he bloom at last in his native North.

OG, I've never been wowed by, but surely can see the fit.

Let's go, whatever, bully ball Thibs style!

* Still, we've just gotten rid of ALL THE YOUNG TALENT (Quick, RJ, Toppin) folks were HOWLING about including in a Donovan trade and for it we've landed offensive weaponary powerful enough for a good high school team. (Hart, OG)

You win championships with TRANSCENDENT OFFENSIVE TALENT. I'd rather have seen that package go in any kind of Ainge-fleecing (Yeah Markannen would sure have been fantastic, would I throw in the draft pick bundle too for Lauri? You'd better believe it!).

But whatever...I'm tired of complaining. LFG with this crew.

*** and if incremental changes are the order of the day, I'm all in on Jonathan Isaac for scraps deal, always liked him despite the fact that he's an anti-vax chowderhead and, as Chip points out...NEVER PLAYS. But, we actually kinda need Fournier now. Who on that second unit can play-make at all besides Deuce?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 06:09:21 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #27355 on: December 30, 2023, 07:00:22 PM »

Dawg, OG is the full.sized, 3&D SF we've been pining for.  Top.tier defender, doesn't NEED the ball, and can score inside and out. 

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #27356 on: December 30, 2023, 07:02:57 PM »

Wondering if Dejounte Murray might be in play

Fournier, Grimes, a couple of #1 picks.

Just a thought.  Excellent defender.  Can shoot the three.  6'5"

We shall see.

chipstern

• View Profile
Dejounte Murray
« Reply #27357 on: December 30, 2023, 09:43:07 PM »

Wondering if Dejounte Murray might be in play

Fournier, Grimes, a couple of #1 picks.

Just a thought.  Excellent defender.  Can shoot the three.  6'5"

We shall see.

DiVincenzo might have something to say about THAT

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27358 on: December 31, 2023, 01:31:18 AM »

He had 38 points on 21 shots and chipped in 6 rebounds tonight. That is saying something.

Murray has not been the defensive player he was in San Antonio during his time in Atlanta so far.

Wolves on Monday looks likely to be the fourth drop in a row.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #27359 on: December 31, 2023, 01:30:07 PM »

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 1822 1823 [1824] 1825 1826 ... 1848