Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1826 1827 [1828] 1829 1830 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 916361 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #27405 on: January 12, 2024, 01:30:42 AM »

Trending positive while recognizing there is work to do and also tempering expectations
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Shiny Objects
« Reply #27406 on: January 12, 2024, 01:04:38 PM »

No more moves

We have a roster and growing  hemistry

🍸🌓🍸

Is Bismarck Byombo a shiny object, assuming he falls far enough down we can get him on waivers?

He has been playing pretty well for the Grizz, is cheap, has been around the league, and is more imposing than either Precious or Sims. I think of him more as a still somewhat bouncy fire hydrant than a shine guy. What is your opinion?

Asking for a friend with a salary slot and a trade exception to play with

Daniel Gafford if he is in play, as has been intimated, for what THAT's worth, on the ClickBait-o-Sphere.   

More size, more game.  Is 25.  BB is 31. 

We could give them back their #1, Sims?  Much as I would like to keep Jericho. 

Achuwa and Gafford would give us coverage at the 4&5. 

Anyway, Gafford makes more sense than going all in on Brogdan or Murray, the latter who will be costly. 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 01:08:16 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27407 on: January 12, 2024, 01:12:42 PM »

13 mil a year for two years following this one. That is a bit shiny, if we are keeping Mitch and signing Hartenstein. Bismack has a flat matte finish comparatively
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27408 on: January 12, 2024, 03:00:56 PM »

But I could go for Gafford and a sweetener.

Gafford and Avdija for Mitch, the worse of our or Dallas this year and a their own pick back.

Hartenstein Gafford Sims
Randle Avdija Achuiwa
OG Hart Fournier
Donte Grimes Archi
Brunson McBride Flynn

That would give us the best bench in the league and make us finals contenders.

It helps the Wiz tank and gives them a better future backstop, once Mitch heals, for turnstiles Kuzma and Poole.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27409 on: January 12, 2024, 04:23:36 PM »

Mitch for WHAT?????

Ya clearly drunk. Might as well be Mitch for two pimples on my ass.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
👍 🐶
« Reply #27410 on: January 12, 2024, 04:33:30 PM »

Mitch for WHAT?????

Ya clearly drunk. Might as well be Mitch for two pimples on my ass.

That is MY DOGGIE!!! 🐶
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27411 on: January 12, 2024, 05:42:51 PM »

....like we're gonna give up 48 minute of rim protection and the league's strongest offensive rebounder for bits, pieces and specks.

SHOOT ME.

*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
Facil
« Reply #27412 on: January 12, 2024, 07:43:04 PM »

No fucking way I'm trading Mitch, or bringing the Israeli kid on to sit next to Fournier on the bench.

Are you fucking high, Fac?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27413 on: January 12, 2024, 08:25:58 PM »

You are replacing Mitch with, Gafford, a slightly smaller guy who is cost controlled at about 6 mil less per year, a good number for a backup on a contending team. You are adding a 22 year old 6-9 wing who is averaging 12 pts on 50 percent shooting and north of 35 on 3s, close to 6 boards and 4 dimes when given minutes, and who busts his ass getting over screens, contesting at the rim and getting back to shooters on the joke team that is the Wiz.

I see working Mitch into shape potentially hurting us down the stretch. I have doubts he will happily take a seat behind Hartenstein if it is warranted either in the short or long term. He was already complaining about shots when he could play as long as he had fouls to give. I see this as a potential sell high moment to get two of the grittier guys from a terrible team that might want an upgrade and benefits from showing patience, either of whom would lift our top 9. We could show really long lineups defensively.

Once we lock up OG, the salary we will be carrying will leave us very constrained. In light of that I am interested in looking at moves that gets work done prior to the signing period.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: Facil
« Reply #27414 on: January 12, 2024, 08:29:54 PM »

No fucking way I'm trading Mitch, or bringing the Israeli kid on to sit next to Fournier on the bench.

Are you fucking high, Fac?

Not as high as I get listening to live samba and standards at The Negociant Winery in Hillcrest, though I might still have a little buzz.

It is dog friendly and my pooch loves a good trombone run

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #27415 on: January 13, 2024, 09:58:59 AM »

🍸👁🍸

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27416 on: January 13, 2024, 11:09:02 PM »

Another night at the office. 6-1 in the OG era. Deuce is clearly getting more comfortable. It is a pretty safe bet that IQ will make more than Brunson and Deuce combined the next couple of years.

The halftime speech from Thibs must have been something for the ages. I cannot imagine he was too pleased with the way we started out this game.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Asking For A Friend
« Reply #27417 on: January 14, 2024, 05:54:22 PM »

Another night at the office. 6-1 in the OG era. Deuce is clearly getting more comfortable. It is a pretty safe bet that IQ will make more than Brunson and Deuce combined the next couple of years.

The halftime speech from Thibs must have been something for the ages. I cannot imagine he was too pleased with the way we started out this game.

Cedi Osman?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27418 on: January 14, 2024, 10:57:35 PM »

Who would you send back? It has to be in the ballpark of 6.7 mil.

Cedi and McBuckets for Evan would work though we would have to sweeten it and both players would be rentals.

We could wait for the buyout market instead.

Magic afternoon game is going to be a lot of trouble even without the junior Wagner suiting up.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27419 on: January 15, 2024, 06:28:59 PM »

The Magical mystery tour is coming to make the Knicks play. Who will pull away today?

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1826 1827 [1828] 1829 1830 ... 1848