Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1827 1828 [1829] 1830 1831 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 915576 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #27420 on: January 16, 2024, 12:36:00 AM »

Damn it. So close.

Liked what I saw from Deuce, Donte and OG.

D was a step slow at times if we wanted a win.

I envy Orlando their deep stable of bigs.

I am good risking another loss or two resting Brunson and getting McBride first string reps
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27421 on: January 17, 2024, 01:46:00 PM »

Buddy Hield and Jordan Nwora for Fournier Grimes and a pick or package.

Grimes gives minutes behind Mathurin. They may or may not get something out of Fournier. They need minutes for Jarice Walker and the have James Johnson in case of emergency, so have no plans for Nwora.

It would give us a potential bench mob of Precious, Nwora, Hart, Hield, McBride. It gives us better defensive matchups and probably more scoring in the minutes the reserves play.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 02:11:04 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #27422 on: January 17, 2024, 04:40:09 PM »

Nwora going to Raptors along with  Bruce Brown and three #1 picks for Siakim

Curses
Foiled Again

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #27423 on: January 17, 2024, 06:05:01 PM »

Fucking Pacers.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27424 on: January 17, 2024, 06:07:57 PM »

Yeah, but the pacers are waiving James Johnson.

Pick him up. Buyout Fournier and grab Bismack Byombo.

Hartenstein Byombo Sims Mitch
Randle Achuiwa
OG Hart Johnson
Donte Grimes Archi
Brunson McBride Flynn

It gets you experienced front court guys who are competent physical and up to speed in their roles and gives you an option between resting a key guy or being physically out matched. I am thinking particularly about Randle and his ankle.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27425 on: January 17, 2024, 06:46:02 PM »

Pacers may have passed the Sixers with this deal.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27426 on: January 17, 2024, 10:57:48 PM »

What I would call a blueprint win against the Rockets.

What is up w Jericho Sims? I would think he might be worth a look either beside Precious or OG I would think he has some complimentary skills especially against second unit guys.

I still like picking up an extra big before March rolls around with the post season cut off. No real worries till then if we can stay healthy and keep stacking up wins.

The Hawks Magic game was fun. DM helped us in the standings with his final shot.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27427 on: January 17, 2024, 11:18:30 PM »

Rockets are not as good a team without Tari Eason.

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #27428 on: January 18, 2024, 11:57:06 AM »

What is up w Jericho Sims? I would think he might be worth a look either beside Precious or OG I would think he has some complimentary skills especially against second unit guys.

That's a good question about Sims. He seemed to be progressing nicely. Played hard. Not a disappointment.

And then....he's out completely.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #27429 on: January 18, 2024, 05:05:15 PM »

That's a good question about Sims. He seemed to be progressing nicely. Played hard. Not a disappointment.

And then....he's out completely.

Believe Thibs perceives Precious to be more skilled, all around.  Not that Achuwa has really stood out offensively.

chipstern

• View Profile
The Facil Zone
« Reply #27430 on: January 18, 2024, 05:09:26 PM »

Out in ClickBait land, an orgy of trade targets.

Bruce Brown
Jordan Clarkson
Kelly Olynk
Malcolm Brogdon
Dejounte Murray
Terry Rozier
Alec Burks

I suspect something under the radar or standing pat.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: Skuttlebutt
« Reply #27431 on: January 18, 2024, 05:26:33 PM »

The New York Knicks are primarily dangling the expiring contract of Evan Fournier, young asset Quentin Grimes, and draft pick compensation for a potential upgrade, league sources told HoopsHype. The Knicks are doing their due diligence and looking at various players across the league, including Hornets guard Terry Rozier, Blazers guard Malcolm Brogdon, former Tom Thibodeau favorite Alec Burks, sources said. In addition, the Knicks are surveying the trade market for a backup power forward, league sources told HoopsHype.

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #27432 on: January 18, 2024, 10:58:56 PM »

Brunson in star mode tonight!

Bagley impressive for the Wiz. We could have used some of that.

Bummed about the Grimes talk. Think he needs more opportunities since Barrett was traded. I trust management because their deals of the last couple years seem shrewd, but I'd hate to see Quentin replaced with some of the names that have arisen.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27433 on: January 18, 2024, 11:15:14 PM »

Glad we got the win though I prefer it when we throttle teams to when we pull out squeakers.

Nice work by Jalen, OG, Isiah and Julius.

Every trade now seems to kick a guy off the end of a roster. There may be a low key thing that makes sense to do before too long. We have the trade exception and a roster spot.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27434 on: January 19, 2024, 12:44:36 PM »

There are rumors that the Jazz are interested in Grimes.

I tried this trade and it worked

Grimes, Flynn and Sims for Taylor Hendricks and Omer Yurtseven

It moves marginal pieces for young frontcourt depth we can take into the future

Hartenstein Yurtseven Robinson
Randle Achuiwa Hendricks
Anonoby Hart Fournier
DiVincenzo Archi
Brunson McBride

It has us hunting for guard depth but that is easier to find than quality front court guys. 

RJ and IQ revenge game Saturday. I do not like our odds

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1827 1828 [1829] 1830 1831 ... 1848