Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1833 1834 [1835] 1836 1837 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 917025 times)

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #27510 on: February 08, 2024, 12:17:47 PM »

If there's no trade made I won't mind.

Two weeks before, would have agreed.

But with all the injuries? Once we saw what the Lakers did, simply doubling up Brunson, it seemed obvious the Knicks needed more help, at least for the next 5 weeks.

Always, always an advocate for Grimes and I still don't know what his ceiling is. But Donte is doing everything I dreamt that Grimes could do, so begrudgingly I understand why it makes sense he would be involved in a trade.

Whether as Lester suggests, we didn't get much in return is another question. My memories of Bogdanovic have always been good and Alec Burks, shit, why the fuck not?

And Mr. Fournier, once again, will get the chance to play the game of basketball.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27511 on: February 08, 2024, 12:18:48 PM »

Bogie and Burks essentially for Grimes without using a first rounder. Leon is a professional. When he is suddenly behind you with a phone at your ear you just cannot say no.

Size, experience, positional flexibility and, oh yeah, shooting and scoring punch.

I think the front office wants to make a run this year.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
Grimes
« Reply #27512 on: February 08, 2024, 12:21:48 PM »

Yeah, and it will be very, very interesting to see how Grimes showcases his talents in this new context.

He gave a lot to the Knicks, but there's no question this can work out for him.

elephant

• View Profile
Re: damn
« Reply #27513 on: February 08, 2024, 12:26:14 PM »

we just traded old-ass Evan Fournier for an even older-ass Evan Fournier!!

This take seems fucked up. You talking like Bogdanovic doesn't have enough game to make an impact.

He does.

(but I share your love for Donovan)

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27514 on: February 08, 2024, 12:51:55 PM »

With two late firsts I think we can replace Grimes this summer with a guy or guys who will stay cost controlled for longer.

Archi was in the deal. That means we need to find someone else to harass refs into making 3 second calls. Also we are below our quota of Nova kids which is a little troubling. Flynn went as well.

At full strength we might be

Hartenstein Robinson Sims
Randle Achuiwa
OG Bojan
Donte Hart Burks
Brunson McBride

We are going to have to add some bodies. I think we still have a trade exception from the precious deal to get one guy above minimum.

More shoes to fall.

And Dallas is going to smack the shit out of our skeleton crew tonight
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27515 on: February 08, 2024, 12:53:57 PM »

lol it probably is fucked up but...I think both have game and that game is pretty damn similar.

They're shooters. Snipers. Bojan a wee bit more impactful.  Maybe Evan can playmake a little bit better.Neither too good at D. Evan's gonna get more passing lane swipes. Bojan a bit more of a banger.

I do think Bojan can help us. But then I thought Evan could help us.

*** won't stop can't stop department: The guy who I still want is singlehandedly carrying a team out in the Midwest, but apparently that's part of Leon's 4-D chess game, too, and Bojan's contract will be key. All this joy we've had over the past few weeks, the Brunson, the O.G., the Devo, the DM is doing it even BETTER, ALL BY HIS SELF

** Burks I welcome back. The 2nd unit needs another point-generator. Just hope Thibs doesn't try that Alec as PG thing again (he will)[/size]

« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 01:23:37 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27516 on: February 08, 2024, 02:04:54 PM »

You can run Deuce and Alec together, giving you point of attack defense and wash or better on a second string wing on the defensive end with layered playmaking and shot making on the other end.

Would a bought out Lowry head back to Miami or come to NY to join the Nova hive?

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Leon Rose
« Reply #27517 on: February 08, 2024, 04:37:43 PM »

Nicely played.

Brunson, Hartenstein, DiVincenzo.

Free agents.

Converted Fournier, Grimes, IQ, RJ into Adunoby, Achuwa, Burks, Bogdonavich.

Have four #1 picks in 2024 and 2025.

Have Rokas Jokubaitis ripening on the vine in Spain.

We are DEEP and have a strong coach and a winning culture capable of making a real.run at the Eastern Finals.

And are primed for free agents, such as, cough, a still having not signed his extension DM.

Be at peace Lester.  All things come to those who wait, and keep all of their #1 picks, Trader Vic.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 04:41:49 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #27518 on: February 08, 2024, 04:58:48 PM »

With two late firsts I think we can replace Grimes this summer with a guy or guys who will stay cost controlled for longer.

Archi was in the deal. That means we need to find someone else to harass refs into making 3 second calls. Also we are below our quota of Nova kids which is a little troubling. Flynn went as well.

At full strength we might be

Hartenstein Robinson Sims
Randle Achuiwa
OG Bojan
Donte Hart Burks
Brunson McBride

We are going to have to add some bodies. I think we still have a trade exception from the precious deal to get one guy above minimum.

More shoes to fall.

And Dallas is going to smack the shit out of our skeleton crew tonight

You forgot Taj Gibson, dude.

PS: Dallas got Daniel Gafford AND P.J. Washington.

PPS: You sure it's going to be a beat down tonight?  We shall see.

chipstern

• View Profile
What Next?
« Reply #27519 on: February 08, 2024, 05:00:11 PM »

Two roster spots open for the waiver wire. 

Or G Leaguers

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27520 on: February 08, 2024, 07:25:16 PM »

I did overlook Taj.

He may get big minutes tonight

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27521 on: February 08, 2024, 07:29:38 PM »

OG gets elbow surgery and will miss a month.

Sims is still sick so we have eight guys available, two more than Thibs will play.

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #27522 on: February 08, 2024, 10:01:33 PM »

That was a great fucking game.

Playing hard all the way. Devo + Hart are something else.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27523 on: February 08, 2024, 10:26:18 PM »

Hartenstein strained his achilles tendon. The hits keep coming. ASB cannot get here fast enough.

Gonna take a peek at the waiver wire.

Cavs win and Bucks lose. We stay tied for third.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27524 on: February 08, 2024, 10:38:10 PM »

Killian Hayes and Gallo are my targets for the filler spots.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1833 1834 [1835] 1836 1837 ... 1848