Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1837 1838 [1839] 1840 1841 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 917823 times)

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Overusing
« Reply #27570 on: February 27, 2024, 04:24:26 PM »

No Jalen. No Hartenstein. This is not going to go well against the Pels.

Overusing people has consequences, does it not?
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #27571 on: February 27, 2024, 07:47:31 PM »

My friends think its their appointed duty
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27572 on: February 27, 2024, 10:17:00 PM »

Heroic first half and we managed to stay in contact through most of the second half. The Pels clearly had more talent on the floor.

Mama always told me there would be days like these.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Mama
« Reply #27573 on: February 28, 2024, 12:55:28 AM »

Fac, you have a very wise Mama, and very unwise friends 😉
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: Mama
« Reply #27574 on: February 28, 2024, 11:04:09 AM »

Fac, you have a very wise Mama, and very unwise friends 😉

My ma would definitely agree with you. Story of my life, I guess.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27575 on: February 28, 2024, 12:32:24 PM »

yeah, yeah, yeah..good game, heroic undermanned la la la....BUT

BOJAN doesn't crack 30 minutes when we're trotting out that starting lineup? We're even at the half and Thibs waits until we're down 13 to stick him in? Against a team that will crack like an egg if you can just stay with them til the 4th...

He played LESS THAN 30 MINUTES like 3 times with Detroit. You use that MF'er to death in this situation.

The Human Manatee has many merits as a coach, but his flaws are just as obvious as they were in season one.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 12:35:10 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27576 on: February 28, 2024, 12:49:49 PM »

BB played 29 and change. Who did you want to see less of so he could hit say 36 minutes?

Things will look better once OG comes on line, assuming the Brunson neck thing is not too serious.

Thibs needs 11 guys with 7 highly versatile to make it through the season. 8 to play on a given night, 3 to plug in when breakage occurs.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #27577 on: February 28, 2024, 05:30:02 PM »

Take your pick, any of the five starters....you can't score you play the guy who can score.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27578 on: February 28, 2024, 06:17:29 PM »

Take Deuce and Sims out of it, as Bogey on a point or pivot is waving a white flag defensively. Among Precious, Hart and Divo I am not sure who you want save or sacrifice if not Bogey himself who has played heavily, is 35 and we got hoping he would be useful in at least one deepish playoff run. We might want to keep him underworked while still worked enough to get comfortable. I am happy he was productive in his minutes second night of a back to back.

However you stack it, running the guys you are most inclined to lean on 40 minutes a night might not be the best idea no matter who else is available.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
So, Fac,
« Reply #27579 on: February 29, 2024, 01:13:09 AM »

you are agreeing with me that Thibs is wrong in running the guys he wants to lean on 40 or more minutes a night, which he was doing well before we got all those injured guys, most likely because he played them around 40 minutes a game until they got hurt.

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #27580 on: February 29, 2024, 10:13:28 AM »

Take Deuce and Sims out of it, as Bogey on a point or pivot is waving a white flag defensively. Among Precious, Hart and Divo I am not sure who you want save or sacrifice if not Bogey himself who has played heavily, is 35 and we got hoping he would be useful in at least one deepish playoff run. We might want to keep him underworked while still worked enough to get comfortable. I am happy he was productive in his minutes second night of a back to back.

However you stack it, running the guys you are most inclined to lean on 40 minutes a night might not be the best idea no matter who else is available.

I'm not saying every night. I'm not saying most nights.

I'm saying one night when you don't have Jalen, IH, (and all the other guys)

And I'm not excluding point or pivot. McBride couldn't break down the D or even barely get off his brand new pull up cause they had ZERO fear of a pass to Achiuwa, Sims, Hart on the fringes. Sims? Absolute NADA on offense. So we're left having Deuce, Hart, Dante try to drive against 5, well, we got exactly what you might expect out of it.

Having ONE non defensive ace out on the floor is NOT waving a white flag.
Trotting out a laughable offensive lineup for the second half is.

No biggie but a bad omen for down the line. As I frequently mention, Spo routinely gives big minutes to guys with no D to balance the pot and make sure he has a chance to win...his team scheme can cover for the failings.

Thibs, on the other hand, would have given Elfrid 30 last night if he still had him cause familiar.

That's why, as a betting man, not a fan, I'd still have to lay it all on Miami if we meet again no matter who we have back.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27581 on: March 02, 2024, 11:24:56 PM »

Word is we are signing Shake Milton. Nice move Leon.

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #27582 on: March 03, 2024, 03:07:22 PM »

I don't see this as a meaningful acquisition, for either now or a month from now.

What am I missing?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27583 on: March 03, 2024, 05:26:44 PM »

We now have three guards behind Brunson and Donte where before we had two. Milton is a little less sloppy and gung-ho than Burks, but rarely as prolific.

I doubt he will do as much for us as Gallo is doing for the Bucks, but at this stage every little bit helps.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #27584 on: March 04, 2024, 02:08:35 AM »

Glad we are adding backcourt depth. Brunson needs at least a night off.

Nice game by the ambulatory few. A big game for the standings.

Hart earning his check recently.

I loves me some Deuce.

It does not get any easier from here.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1837 1838 [1839] 1840 1841 ... 1848