login Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
May 25, 2017, 10:22:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Finals
Cavs-Warriors
Some other combination

Pages: 1 ... 8434 8435 [8436] 8437 8438 ... 8442
  Print  
Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 3566992 times)
facilitatorn
Superhero Member

"Is it looking more like Apple or Enron?"

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126525 on: May 19, 2017, 02:55:05 AM »

Brown is a gem. Celtics are building up to be a long term problem despite this series. Given that the right big would help them so much more than Fultz or Ball, this is a funny draft for them to have first pick. I think the league wanting to rebuild the Celts-Lakes rivalry around those two guards explains this year's lottery.

What are our odds of a draft day trade?

The problem with corrupt, corporate, incompetent government is corruption, corporatism and incompetence, not government. (Jerome a Paris)

It was the American People, ya can't fool me.
Saw some of them on my tv...a man on a tractor, and a woman on a motorcycle. (Bambu)
Biz
Poll Manager
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126526 on: May 19, 2017, 07:44:26 AM »

Pacers get: Ingram, Randle, Clarkson, Kuz, this year's 27th overall pick,

Knicks get: Deng, Tarik Black, Corey Brewer, Monta Ellis, this year's Indiana pick, next year's LA first rounder

Lakers get: PG13, Melo, Courtney Lee

That's exceeding predictions from league execs that the most the Knicks should expect for Melo is a protected first rounder. The point is to get that Indiana first rounder - won't get a better pick outside of the lottery. LA's pick next year would probably be in the low 20s. Maybe this year's 27th pick goes to NY instead and we take on Al Jefferson if necessary?

Indiana isn't likely to be able to keep George at this point.

I have Magic being impulsive, but  Lonzo/Courtney/PG13/Melo/Mozgov with D'Angelo, Nance leading the bench is a mostly young, exciting playoff team unless Lonzo is a total bust.

Knicks would be terrible next year and still have Deng on the books for two more years (the rest of the incoming players would be expiring contracts)
kamiar77
Superhero Member

Opportunity be knockin'

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126527 on: May 19, 2017, 11:55:51 AM »

Good trade scenario Biz.  I think you have the Pacers getting a bit more than what PG is worth and you have the Lakers giving up a little too much.

I hope Magic is that dumb though.

The big winners would be the Pacers as it stands since PG-13 can just wait and go to LA as a Free Agent.

It would be a slightly less terrible version of the Worst NBA Trade of modern times (KG/Pierce to the NETS)

Everyone could see at the time that KG/Pierce were nearly done.

Melo is not quite as cooked as either of those guys but that's not saying much for future longevity. 

And PG-13 is good for a few more years than Melo but the Lakers window would coincide with the GSW Warriors and they'd probably never even make the 2nd round of the West playoffs.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 12:02:12 PM by kamiar77 » Logged

Why you think I'm out here actin' crazy?
bankshot1
Superhero Member

Hoosier Daddy!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126528 on: May 19, 2017, 12:10:12 PM »

Jaylen Brown provided a small silver lining as he finished with 10 points on 5-of-7 shooting with nine rebounds in 20 minutes. He was one of the few Boston players to finish in the positive for plus/minus on the night (plus-4). After the game, Al Horford wondered out loud if Brown could see more minutes moving forward in this series.

Gee, another + game for Jaylen.  Must be an ongoing fluke ...
Even good numbers this game -- 10 & 9 in 20 mins, with good D on LeBJ.

Another thing to notice is despite whatever stats, Crowder has been a - most playoff games.

Should we listen to Al Horford or kiid?
Probably should be playing Jerebko more ...

watching Jaylen Brown emerge in the play-offs and give signifcant minutes has been fun to watch.

Celts might start small tonight, sit Amir (he's been useless in the post-season) and start Brown and give him primary LBJ duty,

and see if his speed/athleticsm can stop the EZ drives to the hoop, and make LBJ shoot from the outside or dish.

IMO keep Horford on TT and hope to neutrlalize the size advantages that will only be accentuated, and stick Crowder on Love, and hope he either mises his 3s or that Crowder can at least body him if Love tries to go low.

And depending on how long it takes LBJ to foul-out Brown, Brown may see 25-30 minutes.

For this game to be close the Celts have to hit their 3s, pull Cav defenders out, open the lane for IT, and try the go small/fast and hope TT, Kyrie, Love are human, bcasue we know LBJ is super-human.

Horford or Koach K?

tough choice

Koach is a self-described highly paid hoops expert.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 12:13:00 PM by bankshot1 » Logged

"If I were you I'd be pretty pissed, too, but I don't think anyone but you and I know what actually went up there on the board last weekend. I know I stepped over the line, and I did apologize, but I apologize again. It has bothered me all week, frankly, to know that I acted in such a manner"-Utley
Aintitashaman
Superhero Member

Ahzes ponim

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #126529 on: May 19, 2017, 03:09:05 PM »

Pacers get: Ingram, Randle, Clarkson, Kuz, this year's 27th overall pick,

Knicks get: Deng, Tarik Black, Corey Brewer, Monta Ellis, this year's Indiana pick, next year's LA first rounder

Lakers get: PG13, Melo, Courtney Lee

That's exceeding predictions from league execs that the most the Knicks should expect for Melo is a protected first rounder. The point is to get that Indiana first rounder - won't get a better pick outside of the lottery. LA's pick next year would probably be in the low 20s. Maybe this year's 27th pick goes to NY instead and we take on Al Jefferson if necessary?

Indiana isn't likely to be able to keep George at this point.

I have Magic being impulsive, but  Lonzo/Courtney/PG13/Melo/Mozgov with D'Angelo, Nance leading the bench is a mostly young, exciting playoff team unless Lonzo is a total bust.

Knicks would be terrible next year and still have Deng on the books for two more years (the rest of the incoming players would be expiring contracts)

A mistake is simply another way of doing things.

Katharine Graham
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

- GET IN LINE -

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #126530 on: May 19, 2017, 03:16:32 PM »

THE HARSH TRUTH:  Celtics need to consider trading Isaiah Thomas
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 04:31:15 PM by kidcarter8 » Logged
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

- GET IN LINE -

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #126531 on: May 19, 2017, 03:22:23 PM »

Jaylen Brown provided a small silver lining as he finished with 10 points on 5-of-7 shooting with nine rebounds in 20 minutes. He was one of the few Boston players to finish in the positive for plus/minus on the night (plus-4). After the game, Al Horford wondered out loud if Brown could see more minutes moving forward in this series.

Gee, another + game for Jaylen.  Must be an ongoing fluke ...
Even good numbers this game -- 10 & 9 in 20 mins, with good D on LeBJ.

Another thing to notice is despite whatever stats, Crowder has been a - most playoff games.

Should we listen to Al Horford or kiid?
Probably should be playing Jerebko more ...

Probably

Brown has been shown to be a home/away player

Good to see the solid minutes
Aintitashaman
Superhero Member

Ahzes ponim

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #126532 on: May 19, 2017, 04:16:54 PM »

THE HARSH RUTH:  Celtics need to consider trading Isaiah Thomas

Shirley you jest? 

A mistake is simply another way of doing things.

Katharine Graham
bankshot1
Superhero Member

Hoosier Daddy!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126533 on: May 19, 2017, 04:18:48 PM »

Brown has been shown to be a home/away player

heh

Brown has shown to be a rookie. He will have ups and down as he climbs the learning curve. Hopefully it will be 1 step backward 2 steps ahead.

Koach K has a very discerning eye

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/brownja02/splits/2017

MP PTS   TRB   AST
Home  17.0  6.4   2.9   0.8
Road    17.4    6.8   2.8   0.8
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 04:20:35 PM by bankshot1 » Logged

"If I were you I'd be pretty pissed, too, but I don't think anyone but you and I know what actually went up there on the board last weekend. I know I stepped over the line, and I did apologize, but I apologize again. It has bothered me all week, frankly, to know that I acted in such a manner"-Utley
bankshot1
Superhero Member

Hoosier Daddy!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126534 on: May 19, 2017, 04:21:53 PM »

THE HARSH RUTH:  Celtics need to consider trading Isaiah Thomas

Koack K is ruthless in his player assessments.

kidcarter8
Superhero Member

- GET IN LINE -

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #126535 on: May 19, 2017, 05:11:28 PM »

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/blasted-by-cavs-no-1-pick-in-hand-celtics-must-consider-trading-isaiah-thomas/?ET_CID=21935&ET_RID=48733475&ftag=SNL-04-10aaa0b
bankshot1
Superhero Member

Hoosier Daddy!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126536 on: May 19, 2017, 05:39:37 PM »

Trade IT?

IT

I'm sorry

I love you

so we can take the IT trade off your table right?

Nope. But the price went up.

The same rationale for the trade is there, that hasn't changed.

Cs are stocked at guard and IF they get some ping pong ball luck will snag Fultz who may be a 2-way 10 year PG. So they have a road block.  They need some quality up front if they really want to compete for a championship,

IT is great, but I'm  not sure they can win a championship if he's the best player on the team.

trading IT makes little sense for me.

loved by the fans.  top 5 in MVP.  makes nothing next year then they can pay him after that when he will be 29 .

i like their backcourt with  IT, Avery and Smart.

Boston and Griffin make sense to me.

I love IT, but depending upon how the ping pong balls fall (Celts not the luckiest team in ping pong balls) and if Fultz falls to them I might consider trading IT. Or keep IT and hope Fultz can play off ball and be the SG. But the Celts are stocked in the backcourt.

And given that IT going to make only $6MM next year and a lot of teams need PGs their might be huge value there, and maybe a AB, Fultz, Smart, Rozier backcourt with a stronger wing/ big guy makes them a better team.

Gotta keep on open mind.

They need a 20-10 guy but Griffin always seems hurt.

bankshot1
Superhero Member

Hoosier Daddy!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126537 on: May 19, 2017, 09:16:37 PM »

this is uglier than the 1st game

total ass-kicking

Yankguy1
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #126538 on: May 19, 2017, 09:17:06 PM »

Did not see this coming.

"Ain't it like most people? I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about "
bankshot1
Superhero Member

Hoosier Daddy!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126539 on: May 19, 2017, 09:21:53 PM »

I was hoping for a better game, but a bad match-up is hard to get around

Cavs are playing great

Pages: 1 ... 8434 8435 [8436] 8437 8438 ... 8442
  Print  

Jump to: