Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
April 20, 2018, 04:00:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Of the names most often mentioned, who should the Knicks hire?
Jax - 5 (38.5%)
Blatt - 2 (15.4%)
JVG - 2 (15.4%)
Fiz - 2 (15.4%)
Stack - 1 (7.7%)
Monty - 0 (0%)
Ime - 0 (0%)
Messina - 1 (7.7%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: 1 ... 1311 1312 [1313]
  Print  
Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 148697 times)
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19680 on: April 19, 2018, 10:48:40 PM »

It's Justise.

Thanks.
thebizneverloses
Poll Manager
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19681 on: Today at 05:16:33 AM »

Mirotic was wonderful.

Lillard was oddly out of sorts.

Whiteside was predictably out of sorts.
bodiddley
Superhero Member

Bring it to Jerome

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19682 on: Today at 05:28:52 AM »

If Winslow can hit 3's and get to the FT line (and make them -- career 65% FT), he's a much better player.  But usually he's a limited part of the Heat offense.
Scored 11 points the first 2 games of the series, with 1 made FT and zero 3's.

Didn't see G3, but despite Winslow's nice stat line, he finished with a whopping -27, which I guess means he was out there for the 4Q meltdown (a 32-14 4Q drubbing).  Anyway, Winslow needs to improve his offensive consistency.
« Last Edit: Today at 11:47:28 AM by bodiddley » Logged
bodiddley
Superhero Member

Bring it to Jerome

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19683 on: Today at 05:43:51 AM »

I did see NO stomp PO'land.
Give Gentry credit, Pels were tough on both ends.
JRue & friends made it very tough on Lillard (20 & 8  ... turnovers that is, just 2 assists). Stop Lillard and you stop the Blazers.

I really think Pels should build on this.
Trade Boogie for a wing starter and some role players.
They have a  terrible bench: Darius Miller, Sol Hill, Ian Clark, though I enjoy DeAndre Liggins furious defense.
Hmm, so Boogie is a FA coming off an Achilles injury.
I'd try to re-sign him on a gimp discount of some sort, then trade him.
In any case they need to get better bench pieces to move up.
But who can handle Davis at C?
Boogie and Davis together slow things down and take turns and while a handful, make it easier for defenses.  Brow without Boog was an MVP.
Well, their bench is cheap, except for Sol Hill's $12M
« Last Edit: Today at 11:48:04 AM by bodiddley » Logged
bodiddley
Superhero Member

Bring it to Jerome

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19684 on: Today at 05:47:06 AM »

Davis, JRue & Mirotic were all playing at a high level to end the season.
Portland had a great run mid-season then slumped to the finish.
Who says the reg season is meaningless?
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19685 on: Today at 08:20:42 AM »

If Winslow can hit 3's and get to the FT line (and make them -- career 65% FT), he's a much better player.  But usually he's a limited part of the Heat offense.
Scored 11 points the first 2 games of the series, with 1 made FT and zero 3's.

Didn't see G3, but despite Winslow's nice stat line, he finished with a whopping -27, which I guess means he was out there for the 4Q meltdown (a 32-014 4Q drubbing).  Anyway, Winslow needs to improve his offensive consistency.

If you look at the PLAY BY PLAY of any game you can see when a player is out on the court and when he is not.

I think half of the -27 was in fact in the 4th quarter.  But it may have been a bit shocking that the usage of Winslow off the bog first half was so lacking....

He was given some credit by the commentators for hios first half work on Simmons in addition to the statline.
chipstern
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19686 on: Today at 01:11:04 PM »

Davis, JRue & Mirotic were all playing at a high level to end the season.
Portland had a great run mid-season then slumped to the finish.
Who says the reg season is meaningless?

Yes, every time I see Jrue rock and roll, I applaud Brother Kam for his accurate reading of Donnie Walsh's clueless douche-i-ness.  

The Brow IS A MOTHERFUCKER.  Later for Dirk.  Anthony is what I would hope that Kristaps might emulate/evolve-in-to.    

And Colangelo what Scott Perry would aspire to.  Jury still out on his Fultz deal with Ainge, though the kid looks like he will be okay...but the cast of veterans Colangelo gave to Coach Brown to surround his young pups with...the late season gifts on the byout/waiver wire from Atlanta.  Exemplary.  

Remains to be seen what the Knicks are up to.  Dolan's comments, surely put me within striking distance of a MercilessMiras why should I give any further fucks mode.  

My first choice for coach was Monty Williams, a Pops acolyte, and possibly the next Brad Stevens in my clueless estimation.  Monty does not seem to be on our radar.  

Jerry Stackhouse?  Kenny Smith?  Seems to echo the notion of bringing in a TEAM PLAYER, so to speak, to work closely with Perry and Mills.  Oh.......K.  Isn't this how we got in trouble with PHUL JAGOFF?  

I reckon that my first choice would be Fizdale, a graduate of the Pat Riley academy.  

Blatt?  That kind of concerns me.  Strikes me as more of a my way or the highway kind of cat.  Woodson wants to finish the job he started?  More like the job Jason Kidd facilitated as a player-coach on the floor.  

Am not that much of a Mark Jackson enthusiast as many, but considering that we look to go into 2018-2019 with four Point Guard/Combo Guards in the person of Ntilikina, Burke, Mudiay and Baker, might serve this team well to have an actual first-tier PG running the show.  Jackson may be an egocentric, self-inflated type, but he surely helped get Steph Curry and Klay Thompson to the next level, and laid the groundwork, developmentally, for the motion/passing style of the GS offense, and the tenacity of their defense.  His basketball creds are not an issue for me.  His sanctimony and arrogance are.  But hey, we live we learn...I would suspect MJ has.  

We shall see, won't we.  

PS: I was down south for my grand-daughter's fifth birthday.  My last night there it was 84 in Charlotte and 48 in NYC. 
« Last Edit: Today at 01:15:12 PM by chipstern » Logged
Nagel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19687 on: Today at 02:08:24 PM »

happy birthday to her.  tell her not to be a knick fan.

Dolan is the problem and as we know shit runs downhill.
chipstern
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19688 on: Today at 02:14:19 PM »

happy birthday to her.  tell her not to be a knick fan.

Dolan is the problem and as we know shit runs downhill.

You will be comforted to know that The Jizzer was a major contributor to Trump 2016.

PS: Sixers are a pretty damn good team without Embid. are they not.  Icing on the cake. 
chipstern
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19689 on: Today at 02:17:28 PM »

Has Mikal Bridges dropping to us at #9. 

Our Draymond Green, perhaps. 
thebizneverloses
Poll Manager
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19690 on: Today at 02:20:36 PM »

Fun read: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23244330/nba-coaching-candidates-big-names-top-prospects-wild-cards

Stack and Fiz are the names on our purported short list which have me most intrigued
chipstern
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19691 on: Today at 02:22:42 PM »

Fun read: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23244330/nba-coaching-candidates-big-names-top-prospects-wild-cards

Stack and Fiz are the names on our purported short list which have me most intrigued

DITTO 
facilitatorn
Superhero Member

remember when the knicks were fun?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19692 on: Today at 03:29:10 PM »

Jarred Vanderbilt out of KU declared for the draft but won’t get an agent. I really like him as a second rounder, a guy to develop as future SF.

Into the shattered ruins stepped the Don
Pages: 1 ... 1311 1312 [1313]
  Print  

Jump to: