Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
January 21, 2018, 01:37:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who should be cut?
Jack - 0 (0%)
Sessions - 11 (52.4%)
Noah - 4 (19%)
Kuz - 1 (4.8%)
Beasley - 4 (19%)
Dotson - 1 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: 1 ... 1179 1180 [1181]
  Print  
Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 120406 times)
facilitatorn and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
facilitatorn

remember when the knicks were fun?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17700 on: Today at 01:13:08 AM »

If you gave Batum the responsibilities, role, and minutes currently handed to Lance Thomas, we’d have a significant upgrade. For the upgrade we’d get, it would be an insane overpay even if we got lucky with his health. 32 is the year Courtney Lee is in now, have a pretty spry and productive season so far. Dumping Noah would ease the burden a bit. The main attraction is Kemba anyway, besides which it’s never going to happen.

I’ll think about Clarkson.

It would be good if Frank could discover himself out on the road somewhere. It would make a better focus than all this speculation.

Into the shattered ruins stepped the Don
bodiddley
Superhero Member

Bring it to Jerome

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17701 on: Today at 01:44:02 AM »

Clarkson is a slick offensive player, but doesn't defend much and isn't a PG.  We don't need another SG.  Unless the plan is to then turn around and cash in Courtly.  But who wants such a defensive downgrade?  

Batum is the Easter Conference Version of Luol Deng.
Uh, Noah is the East-Dung.

Batum put up 15 / 6 / 6 two years in a row before this season.
Plus defends.  Not many players with such an all-around game.  
And in his prime.  Contract is stiff.  Probably a deal breaker.  CHA was expecting more 15/6/6's.  Would need to seriously check on his health but I could see him bouncing back nicely. (though the long contract is probably prohibitive to find out).

Fwiw, Batum turned 29 Dec 14.
So he'll be 29/30 next year ($24M)
30/31 the year after ($25.5M)
and very likely to opt in to $27M at age 31 (turning 32 in Dec).
So the age isn't really a concern.
In theory, it's all prime years.

Here's a deal we can all rally around:

NYK trades Noah, Lance & Baker and Trey Burke

to CLE

for all their ex-Knicks: FRye, Shump, JEarl, Rose, and Jose

One big happy reunion @ MSG!

I think Hornacekplease has done a reasonable job.  But you see Thibidoux and Atkinson working at a high level and have to wonder why the Knix never promoted stellar assistant coaches.  Probably due to all the distractions and management turnover.  Top asst coaches do migrate to other teams, but usually when their team has a top coach entrenched already.
« Last Edit: Today at 02:31:11 AM by bodiddley » Logged
lesterdog

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17702 on: Today at 01:45:53 AM »

Y'all do what you whatever the hell you want.

I just want to give Beez 7 more minutes a game. I don't really care where they come from: Lance's bucket, McBucket's bucket, ForceZingus's bucket. Give me that, and I'll be happy as a clam. Jeff ain't stupid and his job isn't that safe. I'm pretty sure he'll get it.

Take our time w/Frank, think it'll be a good three years to really blossom, if he blossoms, keep going for W's in the meantime, play him when he's hot, bench him if he's not.

Upgrading that position while we wait wouldn't hurt. Maybe it's Burke, probably not, but I'm happy to watch and find out.

** Ok, preferably McBucket's Bucket. And Baker's bucket via transfer. And maybe a couple from Kristaps. It's hard for some big guys to condition right. Nobody's fault, just is. He gets tired.

*** Ya love having great 10th men, but you should never try and ride 'em.
« Last Edit: Today at 01:53:29 AM by lesterdog » Logged
bodiddley
Superhero Member

Bring it to Jerome

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17703 on: Today at 02:02:36 AM »

Caught the last 5 mins of GS v. HOU.
GS played terribly.

Durant gets the ball on the perimeter with CP3 on him.  Carries the ball with one hand, while shoving CP3 with the other arm.  I'm not even sure which violation they called, but O foul.
Durant seemed annoyed that he rarelyr= got the ball back after that miscue with 5 mins left.  I thought Durant looked OKC-level pissy, but Klay and Scurry were 9-31, while Durant shot well (and nearly outscored those 2 combined), so he prolly had a case.
Immediately after the foul, Durant got a D-rebound and then threw the ball away.  Then got one shot the last 4:40.

Dray tries to make a simple short pass to Curry beyond the 3 pt line, just as Scurry is cutting in.  Scurry lunges back, manages to get a hand on it, corrals it, dribbles twice and then ... dribbles the ball right to Harden.
Klay misfired on some 3's.  Scurry got blocked on a 3, McCaw fell down with the ball.  They looked terrible. 

HOU/Dantmanbee now lets CP3 go 1-on-1 and dribble a million times in his imitation of Harden.  He's pretty effective at it.  And players love to do that ish, but man is it boring basketball.  At leats one time Scurry skittered around on D, countering all of CP3's jukes, and then just pick his pocket.  Loved that.

Good W for HOU, with Ariza suspended for visiting the wrong lockerroom (got to get those birthday invites out somehow), and EricGordon going 0-9 on 3's.  Usually Gordon tertiary scoring is a key to HOU's offense.
bodiddley
Superhero Member

Bring it to Jerome

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17704 on: Today at 05:07:58 AM »

Knix have a lot of options.
Could trade a vet (Courtly, Kanter, KOQ) for yute -- and a higher draft spot.  Could try to bolster the starting lineup to make the playoffs.

Probably best to keep the powder dry and try to get in position for when a significant talent comes online.

As for Batum, his injury was to his left elbow.  Not sure if that would affect his shot.  Best stats I could dredge up, in 16 days after 1 day rest 43% FG 34.5% on 3's.  Average/acceptable numbers.  In 9 games with 2 or 3 days rest his FG%'s totally crater.  On 2nd games of B2B's his numbers 40%/32% are low but not horrendous.

bodiddley
Superhero Member

Bring it to Jerome

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17705 on: Today at 06:40:57 AM »

Bulls started the season 3-20.
Since then are 15-8, and haven't lost to a bad team during that stretch.  If the early part hadn't been such a disaster, they could be at the Knick level and competing for the 8th seed.

Lakers another winnable Road game.
Gotta slow them down.
Then a rested angry GS team, coming off a loss to HOU.
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17706 on: Today at 11:40:09 AM »

15+ game score in 18 of 31 games.  20+ 12 times.  30+ 2 times.  47.9 as a high.  5 games under 10.0

For comparison's sake, Porzingis -

15+ in 21 out of 39 games.  20+ 13 times. 30+ 1 time.  34.3 as a high.  11 games under 10.0

Get your fucking stats correct.  Porzingis has some of  the most 30pt games in the league. Embiid is fragile.  Popularity contest of fans who were drooling over ESPN hype voted him a starter.  Coaches and players went Porzingis.
« Last Edit: Today at 11:50:48 AM by Kam » Logged

You know when, like, you're little, your dad, you think he's Superman. Then when you grow up and realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.
-Dave Attell
Clippernagel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17707 on: Today at 01:15:39 PM »

interesting game yesterday.

paul was on fire and curry was not.  don't expect that to repeat over a 7 game series.

GS is the favorite to repeat.

OKC still has no bench and the Cavs are clearly not interested in playing hard.  LeBron looked disgusted with his teammates.

why is JR smith starting?  the guy is cooked.  done.  finished. 

if anyone thinks he stays in Cleveland then you are a Cleveland fan and in denial.
Pages: 1 ... 1179 1180 [1181]
  Print  

Jump to: