Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
June 27, 2017, 01:25:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What the hell was Phil thinking with this trade KP talk?
He's senile
Motivation - he hopes this gets KP to commit more fully to the Triangle
First step towards inexorable divorce
Incompetence - he doesn't get how good KP is
Pettiness - just getting back at him for taking Melo's side

Pages: 1 ... 8435 8436 [8437] 8438 8439 ... 8500
  Print  
Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 3617167 times)
semperknick and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Yankguy1
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #126540 on: May 19, 2017, 09:28:27 PM »

I'm beginning to think I might have underrated James.

Train wheels runnin' through the back of my memory. As the daylight hours do retreat. Someday, everything is gonna be smooth like a rhapsody. When I paint my masterpiece
bankshot1
Superhero Member

Hoosier Daddy!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126541 on: May 19, 2017, 09:37:55 PM »

I don't know where you have him rated, I'm not sure I'd use tonight as a barometer, as Celts have no showed tonight.

"If I were you I'd be pretty pissed, too, but I don't think anyone but you and I know what actually went up there on the board last weekend. I know I stepped over the line, and I did apologize, but I apologize again. It has bothered me all week, frankly, to know that I acted in such a manner"-Utley
Aintitashaman
Superhero Member

Ahzes ponim

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #126542 on: May 19, 2017, 09:56:32 PM »

Checked out at the end of the first quarter to do some chores.  Was looking like a done deal. 

Just vectored off from Rachel Maddow reporting on the Trumster Fires, and here we are at the beginning of the third quarter?

73-31. 

Seriously?

LeBron is a beast. 

Not just a beat down.  A message. 

Wow.  And the Cavs are not playing some bums. 

Cavs are a juggernaut. 

Hardly a news flash or some deep insight on my part. 

And IT with some sort of hip strain, so we get to see all of you amateur GMs vision of the Celtics without the little guys. 

Yikes. 

PS: IT is not the issue.  Celtics need some beef...not enough size and boarding up front. 

A mistake is simply another way of doing things.

Katharine Graham
bankshot1
Superhero Member

Hoosier Daddy!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126543 on: May 19, 2017, 10:25:41 PM »

There wasn't much question about the outcome of this series, and that this was going to be a nightmare match-up for the Celts, but I don't like to see two homecourt blow-outs.

I can accept a 15 point loss to the Cavs, becasue thats the way it is, but I don't accept a 50 point loss.

"If I were you I'd be pretty pissed, too, but I don't think anyone but you and I know what actually went up there on the board last weekend. I know I stepped over the line, and I did apologize, but I apologize again. It has bothered me all week, frankly, to know that I acted in such a manner"-Utley
Nagel100

let's go bowling!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126544 on: May 19, 2017, 11:12:28 PM »

james in not one one of  the 3 finalists for MVP?

that is a joke since he is the MVP.

Celtics should forfeit the next 2 games and let's call it a day.
bankshot1
Superhero Member

Hoosier Daddy!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126545 on: May 19, 2017, 11:22:41 PM »

heh

this is a learning experience, in how play-off basketball is a different animal than the other 82.

and can be a humbling experience

Can't recall too many teams in the past that did not get schooled before they climbed the mountain.

bodiddley
Superhero Member

Bring it to Jerome

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #126546 on: May 20, 2017, 03:28:56 AM »

A super-crushing.

Celts needed a G7 just to beat a solid but not much more Wiz team sporting a terrible bench.
The Cavs have been through this before and were supremely rested.
C's the classic tired and happy-to-be-there team.

Chip, I tuned in to start the 4th and it was a 50 point lead.
It was hard to process the score at first.
Cavs starters went 34-52 FG, which is nearly making 2/3rds of their shots.
Impressive to get B2B blowouts on the Road.
bodiddley
Superhero Member

Bring it to Jerome

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #126547 on: May 20, 2017, 03:47:45 AM »

james in not one one of  the 3 finalists for MVP?
Nope.
That LeBJ has an extra playoff gear or is probably the best player in the League isn't the issue.
In the regular season, LeBJ took some games off, had a mini-slump mid-Jan, and his team underperformed (blew the #1 seed in a shaky East, just 51 W's tied with TOR for 2nd, a losing Road record).

Harden led the League in Scoring and Assists + his team was revolutionary and overperformed (55 W's).
Westbrook got an Oscar and was a whirlwind all year.  I've never seen anyone play that hard every game.
KY took over being The Man for SA, played the best 2-way ball of anyone in the League (inc. LBJ) and led His team to 61 W's.

I think the NBofA got it exactly right.
LeBronco had a mighty fine year, but was merely Top 5.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 09:02:33 AM by bodiddley » Logged
Biz
Poll Manager
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126548 on: May 20, 2017, 08:33:06 AM »

james in not one one of  the 3 finalists for MVP?
Nope.
That LeBJ has an extra playoff gear or is probably the best player in the League isn't the issue.
In the regular season, LeBJ took some games off, had a mini-slump mid-Jan, and his team underperformed (blew the #1 seed in a shaky East, just 51 W'st tied with TOR for 2nd, a losing Road record).

Harden led the League in Scoring and Assists + his team overperformed (55 W's).
Westbrook got an Oscar and was a whirlwind all year.
KY took over being The Man for SA, played the best 2-way ball of anyone in the League (inc. LBJ) and led the team to 61 W's.

I think the NBofA got it exactly right.
LeBronco had a mighty fine year, but was merely Top 5.

Yes.
bodiddley
Superhero Member

Bring it to Jerome

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #126549 on: May 20, 2017, 09:21:02 AM »

Matter of fact, Harden-Leonard-Westbrook could go in any MVP order depending what you want to emphasize.

I tend towards:
1. Westbrook
2. Kawhi
3. Harden
Putting Rustbrook's insane energy and stats and determination just slightly ahead of Kawhi's excellence on both ends, followed by Harden's impressive offensive juggernaut.

Because I think defense is important, while Westbrook accomplished what many thought was no longer possible.
We've seen Kawhi type seasons from LeBJ and Jordan, but Westbrook's year was modern-day unique.  Harden's was too, but I knock him down for defense.  Both Harden and Westbrook broke (Harden's) previous record for most turnovers.  That cuts into their efficiency and value some when parsing Value.

If you really want to emphasize defense and winning and efficiency than it's Kawhi on top.  Less flashy, but more better.

While it's not hard to make a case for Harden, he took on a new and demanding role (PG), led a 3-pt and efficiency revolution (avoid midrange 2's), and his team exceeded expectations and won a lot.
bankshot1
Superhero Member

Hoosier Daddy!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126550 on: May 20, 2017, 12:33:24 PM »

C's the classic tired and happy-to-be-there team.

I think that about captures it.

While i psychologically prepare for ass-kickings on Sunday/Tuesday and a funeral Wednesday morning, my mind turns to other less painful thoughts.

I'm going on the assumption Ainge holds on to #1, draft Fultz, but what are the chances that LA passes on the Balls (pere et fil) and pick Jackson, Tartumor Fox or...

Fox bounced Ball at the Big Dance, and that left an impression on both players.

So if LA passes the Ball, does he get past Philly, or what degree of headache does the old man present, and is Ball that a certain lock to take the baggage too?

Can he fall to 8?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 12:43:26 PM by bankshot1 » Logged

facilitatorn
Superhero Member

"Is it looking more like Apple or Enron?"

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126551 on: May 20, 2017, 01:41:09 PM »

Based on speed, D, and head to head results, I could see Fox get taken ahead of Ball.

Long term it would be nice to have Fultz on rookie scale for a few years, but in terms of where the Celtics are falling short would he help at all? They'd be better served to trade out of the pick and have just the exec to milk maximum advantage from such a deal.

Ball gets grabbed by either the Kings or Orlando if he falls that far. 8 is just too late.

The problem with corrupt, corporate, incompetent government is corruption, corporatism and incompetence, not government. (Jerome a Paris)

It was the American People, ya can't fool me.
Saw some of them on my tv...a man on a tractor, and a woman on a motorcycle. (Bambu)
bankshot1
Superhero Member

Hoosier Daddy!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126552 on: May 20, 2017, 02:06:18 PM »

Based on speed, D, and head to head results, I could see Fox get taken ahead of Ball.

Long term it would be nice to have Fultz on rookie scale for a few years, but in terms of where the Celtics are falling short would he help at all? They'd be better served to trade out of the pick and have just the exec to milk maximum advantage from such a deal.

Ball gets grabbed by either the Kings or Orlando if he falls that far. 8 is just too late.

If the Celts had traded #1+ at the deadline for Butler/George/Superman the Celts still aren't beating the Cavs.

the Celts rebuild is ahead of schedule, and I hope they stick to a patient plan of adding a PG that can also be a SG if needed, (Fultz) for the next 10 years, add another scoring threat through FA (Hayward) and maybe trade some additional assets for some front line muscle. And the Celts also have the Nets #1 next year, so another young high ceiling player can be added to the Jaylen Brown/Fultz/Horford/Hayward core over the next few years.

And LBJ can't play forever.

Or maybe he can

And Fox impressed me more than Ball, and the old man can be a chemistry problem unless someone gags him. I wouldn't be shocked if LA sticks a pin in the old man's game plan for the kid. And Philly need a PG, to dish to their collection of big guys.

bodiddley
Superhero Member

Bring it to Jerome

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #126553 on: May 20, 2017, 06:08:40 PM »

Kawhi reportedly out for G3.
Though it would be fun if that was just a Pop smokescreen, and he did pull a surprise and play.

Kanter has had his Turkish passport revoked while traveling in Euroland.  Seems the NBA stepped in and got him to London.
Kanter is a Gulen supporter, and therefore considered basically an enemy of the state by Erdogan.  His family back in Turkey has disowned him.  Sad.
bankshot1
Superhero Member

Hoosier Daddy!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126554 on: May 20, 2017, 07:21:57 PM »

Damn shame about Leonard. I like the way the Spurs play but they're just not the same w/o him.

IT done for the season

http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/press-052017-isaiah-thomas-ruled-out-for-game-3

BOSTON (May 20, 2017) – The Boston Celtics today announced that Isaiah Thomas will miss the remainder of this year’s postseason following re-aggravation of a right femoral-acetabular impingement with labral tear during Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals against Cleveland. Thomas initially injured the hip during the third quarter of the Celtics’ March 15 game against Minnesota, forcing him to miss the next two regular season contests. The injury was further aggravated during Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals at Washington on May 12.

thanks for the great season IT.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 07:23:59 PM by bankshot1 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8435 8436 [8437] 8438 8439 ... 8500
  Print  

Jump to: