Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
May 23, 2018, 10:25:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Your usual draft philosophy
BPA - 4 (57.1%)
Need - 3 (42.9%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: 1 ... 1375 1376 [1377]
  Print  
Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 169544 times)
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20640 on: Today at 04:07:00 PM »

Not sure TP's "backing" means too much.

What is Tony supposed to say?

I give 3-2 odds that Frank is traded.

Takers?
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20641 on: Today at 04:26:56 PM »

Traded this offseason?  I'll take those odds.  We're too stupid to trade a guy before it's too late.

You know when, like, you're little, your dad, you think he's Superman. Then when you grow up and realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.
-Dave Attell
facilitatorn
Superhero Member

remember when the knicks were fun?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20642 on: Today at 05:35:58 PM »

Frank is attending the game tonight with Fizdale.

Dotson and Mudiay are going as well. I’ve never heard of a newly acquired coach taking this step. I really like the thinking behind it.

I think Frank is more likely to be team MVP (with KP missing half to all of the season) than he is to be traded this season.

Into the shattered ruins stepped the Don
chipstern
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20643 on: Today at 06:04:16 PM »

Frank is attending the game tonight with Fizdale.

Dotson and Mudiay are going as well. I’ve never heard of a newly acquired coach taking this step. I really like the thinking behind it.

I think Frank is more likely to be team MVP (with KP missing half to all of the season) than he is to be traded this season.

I like Fizz's thinking as well.  

Turning of the page.  Fresh slate.  Make the end game palpable.  

You will be judged by how you learn, how you grow.  

That is to say.  

THIS IS THE LEVEL OF COMPETITION WE SHOULD ALL ASPIRE TO.  

As a TEAM.  

Fizz enlisting them as collaborators.  

PS: I am aware of Kiid's man love for Ball, and happen to agree with him as per his skill set and upside.  Much room for growth, but clearly Lavor could one day be a walking triple double.  HOWEVER, as per fanciful trades, and the rampant devaluation of Ntilikina, well, now...when the circus comes to town, you inevitably have to have a host of broom pushers to gather up all the shit.  It's like the old joke about the fabulous wealth associated with the Schoenstein Jewels.  "However, there is a curse associated with those jewels.  AND WHAT IS THAT CURSE?  "Mister Schoenstein."  Substitute Lavar's father for Mister Schoenstein, and Lonzo's siblings for the jewels, and you can being contemplating the nature of what happens when the circus comes to town.  We just got rid of Melo AND Phil Jackson.  So much for circus attractions, Lonzo's team first skill set notwithstanding.  His father wants to blow the whistle and be the ringmaster.  Pass...respectfully.  
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20644 on: Today at 07:27:59 PM »

I'm glad its not just Frank going with Fiz.  When i first heard it i thought it was like putting a DUNCE cap on the kid.  Like hey froggy, this is what american playoff intensity looks like.

You know when, like, you're little, your dad, you think he's Superman. Then when you grow up and realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.
-Dave Attell
Pages: 1 ... 1375 1376 [1377]
  Print  

Jump to: