Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899370 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2018, 08:48:59 PM »

Kid might find real thoughts are infiltrating his echo chamber.

The Pacers also grabbed Tyreke Evans for a very solid free agency. Does Nate have Reke play the 3? Does O’Quinn displace Young as a starter?

O’Quinn, Turner, Evans, Oladipo, and Collinson gives them an offensively versatile unit with double decker rim protection.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: We are all mere pups OR TANKING WEEBS
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2018, 09:44:02 PM »

Bunch of friggin newbies in here, just like the Knicks.

Bunch of newbies and at least one Tanking Weeb, me for the coming season. I mean, play hard and lose hard too.

When the forum went down, did you guys get an error message mentioning “bad behavior”? I mean, I though Chico had taken over the forum and kicked me out for “bad hombre”.  ;D

Damn - no IGGY function in the new room.

Improved quote function - better visibility.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2018, 10:31:25 PM »

Celts get ZIPPO for Abdel Nader.....

(player they received has been waived)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2018, 10:34:19 PM »

Pacers

Collison, Oladipo, Bogdonavich, Young, Turner

But I'd sure be looking for Sabonis to challenge Young.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: We are all mere pups OR TANKING DWEEBS
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2018, 10:47:13 PM »

Bunch of friggin newbies in here, just like the Knicks.

Bunch of newbies and at least one Tanking Dweeb, me for the coming season. I mean, play hard and lose hard too.

When the forum went down, did you guys get an error message mentioning “bad behavior”? I mean, I thought Chico had taken over the forum and kicked me out for “bad hombre”.  ;D

Damn - no IGGY function in the new room.

C'mon Chico, you love to read what I write. I know you're just pretending. Lo sé
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 12:29:36 AM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Porzingis on track to return by Kristmas
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2018, 12:33:59 AM »

He’s going to come back a different monster,” Sanders said in the installment. “His skills are more like a small forward. He was hard to deal with before, but he’ll be much harder to deal with after. He’s got the sense of urgency of a veteran going after his last contract.”

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2018, 12:36:44 AM »

Workin out with Summer Sanders - that doesnt suck.

- always believed we would see Porzingis before midseason

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2018, 01:16:07 AM »

No rush for KP.

I forgot about Sabonis. He could indeed start. It wouldn’t be a bad move.

With Evans on board, one of Collison or Bogdonovic is going to wind up coming off the bench.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2018, 04:21:50 AM »

I was watching video of Vonleh playing perimeter D. He may not get a lot of steals or blocks, but he really gets low, hustles his ass off moving his feet while keeping balance and position.

With KP out for most or all of the year, our best lineup might be Robinson Vonleh Knox Hardaway Ntilikina. This isn’t an opening night starting group with the players being so raw, but it’s got key defensive standouts, guys who get shots off, who run in transition, who board and put back, and are better athletes than their size should permit, not that they’re not big for their positions.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2018, 05:03:34 AM »

That team might be able to win a Championship . . . in Summer League.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Zupzup

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2018, 08:18:46 AM »

Hoopshype had something about that, mentioning that Strickland is Kyrie's godfather (?), and connecting rather far apart dots I presume.

Melo continues to sound like a doofus.
His initial response to this Summer was he wouldn't take a buyout and wouldn't accept subsequently getting waived.  His pride was in his own way.  Coming off the bench is not on the table for him, because he doesn't consider team success, but just his own desire/want/self-estimation. 

Othersowise, glad they got this place back up and running.  I thought it might be down for weeks.

Perry got rid of his contract.  No way the team could move forward with such a me-Me-ME presence. 

Perry got back some decent assets: Kanter...Mudiay...Robinson. 

Melo heading where he wanted to be.  Knicks heading where we want them to be.

Kevin Knox and Timmy Hardaway will get to be the Alpha Dawgs while Kristaps is rehabbing.  Hezonja will get an opportunity to show what he's got under the hood with consistent minutes.  Kornet gets real minutes to make a case for himself both as a back-up center and a genuine NBA stretch-4.  Mitchell Robinson has the opportunity to make a case for himself as one of our BIGS of the future.  Enes Kanter will have an opportunity to be a dominant presence at the five-spot, an offensive focus in the blocks (and, God willing, like Embid, at long-range) and to demonstrate to Coach Fizdale and GM Perry's satisfaction that he can be more than a one-trick pony (well, two tricks, with low post scoring and an elite level of rebounding) and that he can evolve into a dependable defender and rim protector.  The PG scrum of Ntilikina-Burke-Mudiay will get to battle for minutes and survival.  While pups such as Dotson and Vonleh get to make a case for themselves as rotation players. 

Baby steps. 

Onwards.

All looks good other than the PG situation (as I posted before re- Frank not looking like he will ever be more than a great promise...). That is a weak spot- where we'll need to improve via draft or trade. And needless to say will happily eat my hat on that one...

chipstern

• View Profile
Zup The Down Staircase
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2018, 09:30:10 AM »

I think our pups will benefit from a consistent system, unbridled competition, and team mates who can create their own shot. 

Worth noting that while Fizdale is willing to toss his pups into the deep end of the pool, to make their way and own their mistakes, Hornacek/Rambis basically abdicated player development.  Jack was a solid sender, and a positive presence, but Frank should've gotten more burn. 

I thought the difference between game 1 and game 2 of summer league was promising.  Frank needs to look for his own offense more often, though I thought it was interesting that when pressed, Coach Fizdale indicated that in terms of Ntilikina's development, he doesn't want to completely contradict Frank's base instincts and who he is as a player. 

A delicate balancing act. 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2018, 10:14:37 AM »

Celts get ZIPPO for Abdel Nader.....

(player they received has been waived)

Payroll got lighter

It was a planned salary dump.

Nader was guarnteed $$, Purvis was not.

No room for Nader as Bird got 15th roster spot.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2018, 11:17:25 AM »

I wish we traded for Rubio when available.
We would have some stability at PG.
Would make the whole team function better.
And we'd be further along.

Seems if you had someone on ignore previously, they are still on ignore in the new version, despite no explicit Ignore button. 
So I'm guessing you can go into your Profile Settings and add someone to Ignore from there.  But I haven't actually looked into it.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Forum
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2018, 12:01:37 PM »

It seems we lost some people or there are those that haven't made the switch to the new forum.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 1844