Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899346 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2018, 12:07:00 PM »

I wish we traded for Rubio when available.
We would have some stability at PG.
Would make the whole team function better.
And we'd be further along.

Seems if you had someone on ignore previously, they are still on ignore in the new version, despite no explicit Ignore button. 

Cool.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2018, 12:21:19 PM »

I wish we traded for Rubio when available.
We would have some stability at PG.
Would make the whole team function better.
And we'd be further along.

Seems if you had someone on ignore previously, they are still on ignore in the new version, despite no explicit Ignore button. 
So I'm guessing you can go into your Profile Settings and add someone to Ignore from there.  But I haven't actually looked into it.

Love Rubio.  Indeed. 

You are PRESUMING that the second-hand sources we were privy to were actually...correct

Ostensibly, the Wolves were willing to trade Rubio for Rose. 

Ostensibly, Phil Jackson was insisting on the Wolves adding Bjelica to the package. 

I'm not sure I buy into either scenario. 

Trades, that go down, it would seem, time and time again, are not played out in the media. 

Having said that, a great facilitator...a good rebounder and defender. 

A career .385 FG%.  Upped his efficiency considerably last season. 

Better team mates?  Better system?

Reminds me of the tears which flowed when Dolan put the kibosh on the Kyle Lowry deal, as if the Lowry who evolved under Coach Casey, would have done vaguely as well in our chaos oven. 

I'm happy with our current PG scrum. 

And if, God forbid, Kyrie Irving came available in the summer of 2019, well, que sera, Ricky Rubio. 

PS: I'm not feeling all that confident that Kyrie represents a real option for us.  Celtics are capable of getting to the NBA Finals.  Of course, Porzingis-Knox-Irving could make for a viable contender, but I do not see Irving leaving the Celtics. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2018, 12:25:03 PM »

Knicks werent sure at the time if Rubio would be better for us than Rose.  Recall Derek was once very very good

When it became apparent we DID benefit from the deal, it was too late.

No, I dont believe Phil demanded Bjelica.  May have shown interest, sure.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2018, 12:26:36 PM »

Chip - does Kyrie really want to live in Boston when he has his choice of......well...........the entire NBA nation pretty much?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2018, 12:57:43 PM »

I'm not sure why KI wouldn't want to live in the Boston area, I suppose he could live on Nantucket or the Cape and jet to Logan and get to the TD Garden in about 30 minutes.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2018, 01:06:45 PM »

Chip was implying that having a shot at KI coming up is better than having had Rubio and having him still.

“I’m happy with our current PG scrum.”

Works for me as well.

Seasons’ first halves change people’s opinions and plans.

I’m just happy we have two solid guys who can defend our to the perimeter.

Waiting to see if Fizz spin has an actual engine behind it.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2018, 01:11:43 PM »

You are PRESUMING that the second-hand sources we were privy to were actually...correct

Ostensibly, the Wolves were willing to trade Rubio for Rose. 
Ostensibly, Phil Jackson was insisting on the Wolves adding Bjelica to the package. 

I'm not sure I buy into either scenario. 
Trades, that go down, it would seem, time and time again, are not played out in the media. 

Lots of things leak out.
Allegedly Phil was holding out for an extra piece.  And Minny was unwilling.  Then just before deadline Phil finally agreed to the 1-4-1 Rose-Rubio swap but Minny was annoyed, had moved on, and said No.
That's what has been reported.

Not exactly verification, but Minny did subsequently expel Rubio and add Rose.

I'm no fan of Kyrie's.  But that's another discussion.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2018, 01:20:42 PM »

https://sports.yahoo.com/jimmer-fredette-return-nba-160531208.html

Jimmer and Team Fredette play semifinal Thursday 9 PM on ESPN

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2018, 01:26:00 PM »

A Rockets fan twitter feed or somesuch speculates that HOU wants to trade Ryanderson's expiring for a longer contract belonging to a wing defender, to replace Ariza (and protects them from Melo's deficiencies, I'd add).

The 4 targets they came up with:
Bazemore, Courtney Lee, DeMarre Carroll, and Nic Batum were the targets we identified.

Batum would be a nice target and a realistic CHA salary dump.
DMC had a nice year for BKY, after an injury-plagued TOR stint.
Courtly fits in with the Rockets style, and it helps that he doesn't need lots of shots.  But why would the Knix take on Ryanders $20.4M?

Courtly and Lance for Ryan Anderson?
We'd get outside volume shooting while KZ is out.
And more importantly ditch $20M off next year's payroll.
have first crack at re-signing Ryan at a reasonable level if he fits in.
Gives HOU 2 wing defenders.  They have a few roster spots open (and should add a backup PG)  Edit: they added MCW.

I'd do it.
We had trouble finding value for Courtly last year.  Reportedly Knix were hoping to acquire a 1st rounder which nobody was willing to give, despite Courtly having a strong 1st half of the season.
He's a year older, so good deals aren't going to be easy to come by.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 01:36:08 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2018, 01:33:58 PM »

Pacers

Collison, Oladipo, Bogdonavich, Young, Turner

But I'd sure be looking for Sabonis to challenge Young.

I think this is it, although Reke will close a lot of games. Sabonis perhaps as well, although it's unclear if Myles/Sabonis on the court simultaneously is two-fifths of the Pacers' best lineup.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2018, 01:34:35 PM »

Rockets Post-trade:
Chris Paul / Harden / MCW
Harden / Gordon / Gerald Green
PJ Tucker / Courtly
Melo / Lance
Capela / Nene

Basically, Lance replaces Luc M&M; Courtly replaces Ariza (sizing down a little there); and Melo replaces Ryan Anderson.
Side benefit: Melo already knows Courtly and Lance.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2018, 01:38:26 PM »

A Rockets fan twitter site or somesuch speculates that HOU wants to trade Ryanderson's expiring for a longer contract belonging to a wing defender, to replace Ariza (and protects them from Melo's deficiencies, I'd add).

Bazemore, Courtney Lee, DeMarre Carroll, and Nic Batum were the targets we identified.

Courtly fits in with the Rockets style, and it helps that he doesn't need lots of shots.  But why would the Knix take on Ryanders $20.4M?

Gives HOU 2 wing defenders.  They have a few roster spots open (and should add a backup PG)

I'd do it.
We had trouble finding value for Courtly last year.  Reportedly Knix were hoping to acquire a 1st rounder which nobody was willing to give, despite Courtly having a strong 1st half of the season.

Courtly earns 13m next year, Lance has about 1m guaranteed, so it doesn't save us any money, it saves Houston $7m.  Not worth it for simply more shooting for a lottery bound team.

This deal makes no sense for the Knicks unless we are talking serious draft compensation. Similarly, don't see the Nets or Hawks biting. Hornets, maybe.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2018, 01:54:07 PM »

Oh, I saw Lance listed as $7M for next year.
If we can bail on Lance for just $1M next year, then it isn't any help.
Also, I thought Anderson was expiring.  The article I read only mentioned his next year's salary, so I didn't check to see he had another year at $21M after that.
With 2 years left, it's just a bad contract we don't want.

Maybe they can flip Anderson to CHA for Batum's even more bloated 3 year deal.  Batum would be great for HOU.  He's been miscast as Scottie Pippen in CHA.  But as a 3rd or 4th option who can focus more on defense and facilitating, he'd be terrific.  If he stays healthy that is.
Batum is an upgrade over (the lost) Ariza.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2018, 02:00:50 PM »

A Rockets fan twitter site or somesuch speculates that HOU wants to trade Ryanderson's expiring for a longer contract belonging to a wing defender, to replace Ariza (and protects them from Melo's deficiencies, I'd add).

Gives HOU 2 wing defenders.  They have a few roster spots open (and should add a backup PG)

I'd do it.

Courtly earns 13m next year, Lance has about 1m guaranteed, so it doesn't save us any money, it saves Houston $7m.  Not worth it for simply more shooting for a lottery bound team.

This deal makes no sense for the Knicks unless we are talking serious draft compensation. Similarly, don't see the Nets or Hawks biting. Hornets, maybe.

Correct you are. 

Anderson Trade makes zero sense unless Houston is willing to pony up draft picks. 

An considering that their pick would fall somewhere between 25-30, and we are saving them serious money, I'd think two #1 picks sounds about right. 

Having said that, why don't we simply get one of those printer guns and fire it repeatedly into our foot. 

Anderson is due 21 million dollars in 2019-2020. 

Yes, by all means, let's take away floor time from Kornet and dump our veteran leadership for a one-dimensional shooter who just turned 30, and pay him his bloated salary as opposed to signing a top free agent in 2019. 

Genius. 

PS: I do get tired, Tired, TIRED of the constant pissing upon Lance Thomas, whose defensive skill set and leadership and abillity to hit the odd three pointer (not unlike Trevor Ariza, no) is apparently not deemed sexy enough for Knick fans.  DUH. 

PPS: By all means, if Thomas and/or Lee could be moved ending contracts or cap space or draft picks, sure, why not...we're in rebuilding mode.  But Anderson was a lousy option in 2017, is a lousy option in 2018, and will be a fucking albatross in 2019...again, a good role player, a drop dead shooter, but motherfuckers complain about Hardaway and Noah's contracts?  Are you shitting me? 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2018, 02:21:30 PM »

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/24245142/nba-first-league-betting-sponsor-deal-mgm

The NBA has become the first major U.S. sports league to sign an official betting sponsor.

On Tuesday, commissioner Adam Silver announced that the league struck a deal with MGM that will give the gaming company rights to use league highlights, names, logos and its direct data feed, as well as exclusively market itself as the official gaming partner of the NBA and WNBA.

Industry sources pegged the deal to be for three years and at least $25 million.

The next step for the Godfather is to get some of the vig.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 1844