Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900490 times)

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2018, 04:01:56 PM »

Oh, I saw Lance listed as $7M for next year.
If we can bail on Lance for just $1M next year, then it isn't any help.
Also, I thought Anderson was expiring.  The article I read only mentioned his next year's salary, so I didn't check to see he had another year at $21M after that.
With 2 years left, it's just a bad contract we don't want.

Maybe they can flip Anderson to CHA for Batum's even more bloated 3 year deal.  Batum would be great for HOU.  He's been miscast as Scottie Pippen in CHA.  But as a 3rd or 4th option who can focus more on defense and facilitating, he'd be terrific.  If he stays healthy that is.
Batum is an upgrade over (the lost) Ariza.

Yes to all this. Batum is overpaid as a better-passing Ariza, and he brings in a bunch of extra question marks (Is he as willing as Ariza to be last on the pecking order offensively? Can he be consistent enough with the corner threes? Can he play any small-ball 4, if needed?). That said, Houston needs a roll of the dice, beyond simply signing Melo and James Ennis.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2018, 04:04:44 PM »

Rockets Post-trade:
Chris Paul / Harden / MCW
Harden / Gordon / Gerald Green
PJ Tucker / Courtly
Melo / Lance
Capela / Nene

Basically, Lance replaces Luc M&M; Courtly replaces Ariza (sizing down a little there); and Melo replaces Ryan Anderson.
Side benefit: Melo already knows Courtly and Lance.

Good stuff, though Fizz does state he likes Thomas.  Good glue guy all around who just cant provide offense at a good enough level.

Rockets like Zhou Qui as well.

Is Melo really a starter there?  Sure would keep him happy

https://houseofhouston.com/2018/07/26/houston-rockets-rotation-anthony/

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2018, 05:00:48 PM »

Since it fits so well for HOU, I made a meek attempt to turn my Lance/Courtly trade into a 3-way.  About all I found was NYK gets Wes Mathews ($18M expiring).  And HOU would throw in 2 (late round) #1's to DAL for taking on Ryan Anderson.  Moving Wes would open room for Doncic to start.  And some extra late round picks to offset taking on Ryanderson's $21M next year (-- is that enough?)
Ryan replaces retired Dirk next year.

Wes turns 32 to start next season.
So maybe DAL was planning to re-sign him at a reasonable rate.
And he allows them to bring Doncic along slower.  But they threw Smith Jr into the starting fire last year.

Knix would swap Courtly's steadiness for Wes' 3's and effort.
Sort of a wash.  And we'd save Courtly's near $13M next year.
Court turns 33 to start next year, so we're not getting a 1st round pick for him.  Not too exciting for NY, but we'd get a comparable vet, and free up $13M in cap space for next year.  I wouldn't worry much about losing good soldier Lance.

Real good deal for HOU (imo)
Decent for DAL (if they aren't too attached to Wes and okay with Ryan)
Decent, mostly cap space move for NYK

Anyone in on the amended (not retarded) trade?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2018, 05:39:40 PM »

Isaiah Hartenstein now with the Rockets as well

Just 21 but a stud.

G League -

6.6 boards, 1.1 blk in just 18 minutes per.

56/34/69 shooting

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2018, 05:54:17 PM »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2018, 07:15:11 PM »

I just got offered really cheap tickets (read: free) to see Jimmer play on Thursday night in Baltimore.  I'm not going to take them.  Kiid's right.  I'm not as fun as I once was.  20 years ago I'd jumped on them.   
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2018, 07:43:08 PM »

It’s good Jimmer isn’t just letting himself go now that his NBA career is over. He may make it into the Big3 League one day.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2018, 07:53:59 PM »

You deserve for Jimmer to be a 2019-20 Knick, with minutes

heh

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2018, 08:05:01 PM »

He did fine in Westchester but I think he makes more money in China.

Jamel Artis is with the Kings for two years partially guaranteed.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2018, 04:12:23 AM »

Whatsoever I think of Jimmer...I was always deeply offended by how Kurt Rambis treated him as a Knick when he got his call-up.  Went out of his way to publically mock him.  I was at a Garden game with Merciless; the fans were pulling for Jimmer, and he nailed a three as I recall.  His limitations notwithstanding, the kid worked hard in Westchester to improve his game.  Kurt Rambis was a smug douche, and I am glad that Mills jettisoned his ass and Hornacek's as well, the minute season ended.  Eliminating the last stench of Phil Jackson's uber alles. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2018, 05:13:24 AM »

There was some talk that Jimmer had a star attitude, so he might have contributed to the problem.  But it does seem that our coaches often tend to be rather petty about things.  our players too -- such as Marbury jealous of the attention Frye received; Melo dissing Lin's coming out.  Knix specialize in self-inflicted problems.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2018, 09:40:01 AM »

Jimmer ran himself out of every NBA stop because no coaches liked him. This one wasn't on the Knicks. There's really no reason to constantly come back to this issue.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2018, 10:12:30 AM »

Whatsoever I think of Jimmer...I was always deeply offended by how Kurt Rambis treated him as a Knick when he got his call-up.  Went out of his way to publically mock him.  I was at a Garden game with Merciless; the fans were pulling for Jimmer, and he nailed a three as I recall.  His limitations notwithstanding, the kid worked hard in Westchester to improve his game.  Kurt Rambis was a smug douche, and I am glad that Mills jettisoned his ass and Hornacek's as well, the minute season ended.  Eliminating the last stench of Phil Jackson's uber alles.

I saw Rambis at summer league.  Are you sure he is gone entirely?

(maybe he is with Lakers now........but he was right there, second row, in an official capacity)

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2018, 12:16:27 PM »

I hadn't thought of it before but wasn't Rambis basically a latter-day Phil.  Makes sense they'd find a connection.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2018, 12:59:37 PM »

Lakers - yep

Considering hiring Rambis (Magic driven) for bench or front office.  Some scribes hate the idea, citing NY problems.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 1844