Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899207 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #150 on: August 07, 2018, 12:45:08 PM »

Really for vet presence and toughness, I would have liked to have kept KOQ, who signed with IND for 1/$4.5M (Ron Baker money!).

If we move Courtly (if there is a market for him), we'd be down to role player Lance as a vet; disgruntled Noah as another.
Kanter and Tim as 26 year old young vets.
Maybe we need Courtly's voice.  Seems he was more vocal last year.

We have an awful lot of yute and reclamation projects who could use structure and vet guidance.  Sometimes just understanding the right approach -- mental/physical preparation -- can help a young player improve.  Seems we're leaving a lot of this on Fizz and his staff, without much lockerroom support.

OQuinn wasnt staying.  Wanted to play for a better team.

Not sure Noah comes in disgruntled this year

I think a good staff provides enough guidance.  And sometimes vets can stink up a joint as well.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 07, 2018, 01:49:07 PM »

I guess the losing got to KOQ.
Good pickup for INDy

And obviously I meant one of Tim/Courtly was our SG, but mistakenly typed PG.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 07, 2018, 09:02:07 PM »

The losing combined with the log jam. I feel like Vonleh can become a suitable replacement even if he doesn’t block many shots.

The question now is can Fizdale really instill what he preaches?

I want to see these guys come into preseason looking jacked and all working their asses off on both ends.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 07, 2018, 10:36:45 PM »

The losing combined with the log jam. I feel like Vonleh can become a suitable replacement even if he doesn’t block many shots.

The question now is can Fizdale really instill what he preaches?

I want to see these guys come into preseason looking jacked and all working their asses off on both ends.

Nothing is given.

But right now we have...

Three true veterans: Noah [33], Lee [32], Thomas [30]

Two young veterans Kanter [26], Hardaway [26]

Three young back court players on the cusp: Burke [25], Baker [25]

A sophomore vying for rotation minutes and a two way player looking to step up: Dotson [24], Hicks [24]

Two upstart Euros and an undrafted big: Porzingis [23], Hezonja [23], Kornet [23]

Two former high lottery picks looking to make a better second impression: Vonleh [22], Mudiay [22]

A two-way player who fell out of the draft: Trier [22]

Three tantalizing puppies looking to make a significant impact: Robinson [20], Nitilikina [20], Knox [19]

FIFTEEN PLAYERS between 19-26. 

Porzingis healing. 

Hicks and Trier looking at G-League.

Baker fighting for his Knicks life.

Noah and Lee suspended in limbo. 

PLENTY OF COMPETITION AT EVERY POSITION.

There should be a camp full of fiercely motivated pups looking to make a good impression on Coach Fizdale. 
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 10:38:31 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 07, 2018, 11:18:29 PM »

I sure hope so. Signs are good so far.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 08, 2018, 01:19:28 AM »

29.5 Wins
Here we come
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 08, 2018, 02:51:28 AM »

Zhaire Smith out with a Jones Fracture.

So I click around to see what a Jones fracture exactly is, and it sounds exactly like the pain I've ben having the past 4 weeks in the middle outside part of my left foot.  I was hoping it was just a tissue bruise as if someone had stepped on my foot.  but I didn't remember anything happening like that.  Actually I can play fine, but quasi-limp around when walking.  Guess I need an Xray.  Might as well get my Big Toe zapped as well, since it has had some pain for the past 2 years and just seems to never heal. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 08, 2018, 03:03:56 AM »

Christmas Day Games
LaLa @ GSW
OKC  @ HOU
'6ers @ BOS
POR  @ UTA
MIL   @ NYK

We're obviously the least compelling team out there and it looks like they had trouble scrounging up an interesting matchup for us.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 08, 2018, 04:07:56 AM »

Bo, I hope you get your wheels patched and take your spinning and winning to another gear.

JoNo has made of himself part of the spectacle of Venice Beach. Anyone surprised?

He might be in great shape with some sort of jumper...

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 08, 2018, 08:44:19 AM »

Bo, I hope you get your wheels patched and take your spinning and winning to another gear.

JoNo has made of himself part of the spectacle of Venice Beach. Anyone surprised?

He might be in great shape with some sort of jumper...

I would really like for J-Noah to be part of this re-tooling.  He could be a profound influence on Kanter, Kornet and especially Robinson. 

And for Coach Fizdale, attempting to finally, FINALLY, inculcate an authentic post-Holzman/Riley defensive culture, I mean, come on. 

The contract is what the contract is...time to let go and see if we cannot finally derive some value from Noah's presence, and reclaim his value as an asset, for us, for him, moving forward.  You just KNOW he is motivated.  Would be a damn shame to simply jettison him and see him make a solid contribution to another team, when he could be playing a role in improving our's. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 08, 2018, 12:53:18 PM »

Zhaire Smith out with a Jones Fracture.

So I click around to see what a Jones fracture exactly is, and it sounds exactly like the pain I've ben having the past 4 weeks in the middle outside part of my left foot.  I was hoping it was just a tissue bruise as if someone had stepped on my foot.  but I didn't remember anything happening like that.  Actually I can play fine, but quasi-limp around when walking.  Guess I need an Xray.  Might as well get my Big Toe zapped as well, since it has had some pain for the past 2 years and just seems to never heal.

Fifth mtetatarsal fractures:

http://www.aofas.org/footcaremd/treatments/Pages/Fifth-Metatarsal-Fracture-Surgery.aspx

Up to a  15-20% chance of a refracture - and healing can depend on the shape of one's foot.  Wow, that's a load of uncertainty for Mr Smith.

The Jones itself:

Zone 2 fractures are typically known as Jones fractures. They occur at the intersection between the base and the shaft of the fifth metatarsal (figure 1). These fractures are known to have a higher chance of not healing (nonunion). They are also at risk of refracture even after healing. Surgical treatment is commonly performed for these fractures.

If I have a zone 2 fracture of the base of the fifth metatarsal, will I jeopardize my chance of bone healing if I try nonoperative treatment first?
A:  Most of these breaks will go on to heal after 12 weeks with appropriate treatment. The nonunion rate of these fractures may still be as high as 15 to 20 percent. A fracture that fails to heal and is painful may require surgical repair. The surgery can be more difficult at that point and can require a bone graft.

Foot surgery in general:

Metatarsals: There are five long bones in the foot which serve as bony struts between the toes and the midfoot. Some metatarsal fractures can be treated without surgery, but displaced fractures may benefit from surgery. Sometimes two or more metatarsals can be fractured as a result of a significant injury. The repair involves an incision over the fractured metatarsal. Additional incisions may be necessary for multiple fractures. The fractures are fixed with pins, screws or a plate, or combination.

Potential complications of foot fracture surgery include wound breakdown, failure of the fracture to heal (nonunion), fracture healing in a bad position (malunion), loss of fracture alignment prior to healing, implant failure, persistent pain, loss of motion and arthritis.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 08, 2018, 12:56:50 PM »

Christmas Day Games
LaLa @ GSW
OKC  @ HOU
'6ers @ BOS
POR  @ UTA
MIL   @ NYK

We're obviously the least compelling team out there and it looks like they had trouble scrounging up an interesting matchup for us.

YES!!!!!!!

Love my Christmas hoops.  Should be at least 4 excellent games  :)

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 08, 2018, 01:20:16 PM »

Apparently one problem with a Jones Fracture is it's located in a zone between two blood watersheds, so it's rather a low blood flow area, which limits healing.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 08, 2018, 02:35:43 PM »

Christmas Day Games
LaLa @ GSW
OKC  @ HOU
'6ers @ BOS
POR  @ UTA
MIL   @ NYK

San Antonio at Toronto would have been better than either of the last two games.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 08, 2018, 02:58:32 PM »

Apparently one problem with a Jones Fracture is it's located in a zone between two blood watersheds, so it's rather a low blood flow area, which limits healing.

Feel better homes. 

Meanwhile, the Sixers' First Rounder Curse continues. 

Odd.  Quite odd. 
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 1844