Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899653 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #165 on: August 08, 2018, 04:52:48 PM »

Noel and Okafor can still play - not sure about a jinx.

I think when drafting guys younger and younger you always run the risk......

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 08, 2018, 05:17:11 PM »

I think Saric was the last Philly rook to come right in and play, and even he took another season in Europe. The Sixers seem to have a pretty good behind the scenes Monstar training program. It could help more than it hurts Smith down the line.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 08, 2018, 05:49:55 PM »

Christmas Day Games
LaLa @ GSW
OKC  @ HOU
'6ers @ BOS

San Antonio at Toronto would have been better than either of the last two games.

Good call.

I hadn't thought of it, but each of the first three premier games have a player meeting an old team or old nemesis.
LeBJ is an old GSW foe on a new team
Melo flipped from OKC to HOU
And BOS/PHI has the questionable Fultz/Tatum (+a #1) swap.

So Kawhi meeting his old team would fit with the theme.
And would be more dramatic than all but LeBron v. GSW.

I wonder why they chose to have the favored team play at Home.
A reward for being a top team?

I imagine the League hopes KZ returns on or before Xmas.
The past few years the Knix, even with weak teams, has been a solid first half of the season team, only to flame out spectacularly later.  Hard to see that happening again, especially without KZ, but it's surprised me a few years running.  Lotta new players and totally new coaching staff.  NBA has to hope Knix aren't a disaster heading into the New Year.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 08, 2018, 09:35:44 PM »

ESPN reporting Knicks want to stretch Noah next month.

That's pretty dumb. Some, like Chip and Kiid, really want to see him suit up. I just don't him on the books entering the next decade. Buying him out makes much more sense than stretching him. And if you stretch him, stretch him next summer.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 08, 2018, 09:53:40 PM »

That's pretty dumb. Some, like Chip and Kiid, really want to see him suit up. I just don't him on the books entering the next decade. Buying him out makes much more sense than stretching him. And if you stretch him, stretch him next summer.

Have to explain that further.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Noah
« Reply #170 on: August 08, 2018, 09:56:47 PM »

For the record, I also want to see him suit up, see what he's got. If nothing, buy him out next year.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 08, 2018, 10:32:04 PM »

I’m down to let him come to camp and make his case where it matters.

The dropping Trou episode may have been a play by JoNo to get his situation resolved in time to latch on with another team.

13 mil relief next year and a 7 mil hit in two years when the cap is pegged to rise that much before gaming revenue is factored in. If it feels like he’d make a wave, set him free.

If he were playing right it would be nice to have him, but the roster doesn’t need him by any means.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 09, 2018, 06:54:32 AM »

Have to explain that further.

Stretching him now, with two years left on his contract, means we will be paying him 20% of his remaining total salary owed over each of the next five years, which will hurt our ability to attract free agents in 2020 and 2021. Not smart. I don't want him on the books past the 2019-2020 season.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 09, 2018, 11:01:20 AM »

They are saying September 1 is a key date - as far as the money works

One article said we "save 12.9 mil on the cap" but doesnt specify for when.  Would that be usable immediately in a deal where we take on money? 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 09, 2018, 12:18:35 PM »

Looks like Ryan Anderson may be on his way to the HEAT.

James Johnson or Tyler Johnson rumored to be the target as HOU still cant get Bazemore

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 09, 2018, 12:35:42 PM »

I don't think Heat have changed one player from last season.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 09, 2018, 01:05:20 PM »

knicks should not stretch noah in september and still have 6 million of him on their books for 3 years.  Noah isn't going to give any money back to NY.  he isn't a stupid man.

you can always  stretch him if you need to BUT lesser players have been moved if a pick is included.  some distant heavily protected pick for an expiring deal.

that could save much more towards 2019.

that assumes anyone wants NY's money.

we won't know that for quite a while.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 01:07:53 PM by Nagel »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 09, 2018, 02:04:38 PM »

knicks should not stretch noah in september and still have 6 million of him on their books for 3 years.  Noah isn't going to give any money back to NY.  he isn't a stupid man.

well, Knix can just hold on to his contract for 2 years and not play him.  He'll be 34 by then and his NBA career likely over after not playing for almost 3 years. 

Likely he would take a buyout at a slightly reduced rate, because he can get a $2M vet min (or whatever it is for a guy with his years), and he'd be able to pick which team to join.  he could be a backup on a contender.

So Knix have a little leverage and Noah has some incentive to drop at least $2M per year to divorce.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 09, 2018, 02:13:00 PM »

well, Knix can just hold on to his contract for 2 years and not play him.  He'll be 34 by then and his NBA career likely over after not playing for almost 3 years. 

Likely he would take a buyout at a slightly reduced rate, because he can get a $2M vet min (or whatever it is for a guy with his years), and he'd be able to pick which team to join.  he could be a backup on a contender.

So Knix have a little leverage and Noah has some incentive to drop at least $2M per year to divorce.

not sure any team is going to give him 2 million after sitting for 2 years.  i think NY would try the buyout route but if I am  Noah i say no thanks.  just give me my money.  once they stretch him he can sign anywhere that will have him.  he can' t be happy with NY management .

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 09, 2018, 02:34:00 PM »

Knix don't have to stretch him.
That's the leverage.
They can derail another year of his dwindling career.
And another 2 years if they want to.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 1844