Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 908563 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
So you'd say it was
« Reply #300 on: August 20, 2018, 01:27:06 AM »

Highly illogical?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #301 on: August 20, 2018, 02:26:20 AM »

Kanter
Hezonja
Knox
Hardaway
Ntilikina

If you start Mud over Franc, that would be some ghastly defense.

And all of your primary defenders -- Franc, Vonleh, Courtly, Lance -- come off the bench.

Figure Hardaway & Kanter are locks to start.
Knox probably a starter because his development is important.
Then you need to get at least one of Vonleh or Franc in the starting 5.  Maybe you need both.  Gotta have someone setting the tone and trying on the less glamorous end.

Kant
Vonleh/Lance
Knox
Tim Jr.
Franc

Provides some balance.
Let's Tim and Knox offend.
Encourages Franc to shoot more.
Our Bigs clean the glass and get putbacks.

Then the bench offers up Burke's scoring paired with Courtly's muted balanced game.  Zonja shooting.  Muddy's erraticism.  Plus some Lance D.  [Kornet and Robinson in limited spot duty as Knix small out]

Mixes and matches some defenders and scorers on both units.

I kind of have Muddy in a mystery role until we see if he's improved on anything and/or until we move Courtly.

Makes sense in terms of a balance between offense and defense.  Hezonja as a sixth man, plugged in at SF/PF. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 20, 2018, 03:33:03 AM »

I know Kanter gets a big salary this year, he’s fully dedicated, plays with heart, is among the best in his areas of strength, but I hope to see either Kornet or Robinson surpass and surplant him as #1 in the pecking order.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 20, 2018, 06:24:03 AM »

I suspect Kornet and Robinson have a ways to go to even be decent rotation players.

My starting 5 of: Kant - Vonleh - Knox - Tim Jr. - Franc
is decidedly weak on 3-point shooting.
But once KZ comes back, plug him in at PF and the D and spacing improve significantly.

Fizz has mentioned speeding up the pace which could mean Burke gets a crack at starting PG.  But that craters the D, doesn't help with 3's, and means one of Franc/Mud get lost in the mix.

I don't really have much of a read on Fizz, except that he said he wants a genuine SF at SF.  And seems to want to push, which could help make up some for our lack of outside shooting.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 20, 2018, 01:28:27 PM »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

vitriTig

• View Profile
    • : , ,
« Reply #305 on: August 20, 2018, 02:37:41 PM »

: , ,   

2018-2019:       
    2018-2019,    .   2018-2019      .     .
           .      ,   ,           :         .    ,        ,       ,        2018-2019.            .     ,      ,  ,   ,    .         ,           2018-2019   .           2018-2019,               .         ,    2018-2019,      ,        .    2018-2019    ?       .    2018-2019         . ,   ,             2018-2019.     2018-2019          ,   ,    . ,         2018-2019  ,          ,   ,          .              ,       .         2018-2019.   2018-2019      .          2018-2019,     . -      , , , , ,   ,  .   ,     2018-2019  ,    ,    ,    .    ,      ,            . 2018-2019                 .     ,         (   ),         2018-2019.  2018-2019        .     2018-2019         . ,           ,    .    ,  2018-2019           .   , ,     .        .                   .     2018-2019    ,   .              .     ,         ,      .       ,      ,      .         ,      .    ,      ,         2018-2019.   2018-2019          .   ,   ,   ,  ,         .      ,         ,    ,        .   2018-2019     .          ,      .       ,    ,        .       .     2018-2019       .        2018-2019           .        ,    ,           2018-2019 .

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Vitri
« Reply #306 on: August 20, 2018, 02:56:59 PM »

Vitri, you the masseuse or the massaged? One of the stones? A flower? Maybe a candle?
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 20, 2018, 04:24:50 PM »

Maybe we should all just relax about next year...

I, for one, am rather amped to see Kornet, Vonleh, Knox, Hardaway, and Ntilikina take the floor. I think Fizz can meld those individuals into a highly effective unit. The success will hinge on getting efficiency from four guys who shot under .420 from the field and a rookie. I think it can be done running the kind of plays Fizz ran in Memphis, especially if fundamentals truly get developed in camp and preseason.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 20, 2018, 04:40:22 PM »

Nice

Now get excited about the others and we will be on the same page.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 20, 2018, 05:33:21 PM »

Maybe we should all just relax about next year...

I, for one, am rather amped to see Kornet, Vonleh, Knox, Hardaway, and Ntilikina take the floor. I think Fizz can meld those individuals into a highly effective unit. The success will hinge on getting efficiency from four guys who shot under .420 from the field and a rookie. I think it can be done running the kind of plays Fizz ran in Memphis, especially if fundamentals truly get developed in camp and preseason.

SIGH

Yet again, you have essayed an alternate universe in which Enes Kanter is not a part of this team going forward, let alone as part of the starting five for 2018-2019.   

You are my Brother, Facil, Brother Kam, too, but this sniffy, dismissive tonality (by my admittedly lesser lights) has gotten very old.  VERY old. 

Many have presumed, rather prematurely it seems, that Kanter is out of here. 

He is, until further notice, our starting center. 

Whether Fizz and Perry (and Enes) choose to move on, or to come to some sort of ongoing commitment moving forward, would seem to me, TO BE PREDICATED ON HOW HE PLAYS AND HOW HE IMPROVES IN 2018-2019. 

I will accept the mockery of others, this being a mostly free country, when I state what should seem obvious, which is that Kanter raised his game as a Knick, as did another player universally pissed on, Timmy Hardaway. 

They are both only 26.  Both have room for significant improvement under Coach Fizdale's watch. 

Oh right, old dogs, ergo, no new tricks.   

Hey, dogs gonna bark, and doubters going sniff.  My opinion has no more legitimacy than anyone else's on this forum. 

It's all chin music, and it's all good. 

But listening to members of our congregation rooting for the lottery, while others, as is their wont, piss on those players they view as busts or hypes or place holders for cap space (Ntilikina, Hardaway, Kanter) really fries my onions. 

Fizdale has proclaimed a clean slate going in for every Knick on the roster starting with training camp. 

It's called H-O-P-E, and until proven otherwise, it is nice to have some for a fucking change. 

Not hope for the fucking lottery, but hope for progress, commitment, a winning culture going forward. 

Would but that the team's fickle fans and amateur GMs felt the same. 

All of these newbies and reclamation projects share one thing.  They want to prove themselves, to each other, to the coach and to the fans of New York.  They want to be part of a team Knicks fans can be proud of.  And last time I checked, Enes bled blue and orange.  He is a competitor.  We need more like him, not less. 

I'm a pop pom gurl, right?

My devalued two cents. 

We now return to our regularly scheduled pogrom.   
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 06:02:03 PM by chipstern »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 20, 2018, 07:00:24 PM »

I was initially with you Chip but not after hearing Knicks wouldnt give Enes a long term offer that he sought

I think he is a possible deadline deal guy - out of NY - if we can get any picks.

Potential free agent centers for 2019-20  (many wont be available   *unrestricted)

Horford
Pachulia*
B Lopez*
Biyombo
McGee*
Koufos*
M Gasol
Asik
Jordan*
Howard
P Gasol
Udoh*
R Lopez*
J Smith*
OQuinn*
Valenciunus
Cousins*
Gortat*
Kanter*
Nene
Baynes
Noel
Dedmon*
Ajinca*
Birch
Whiteside
Turner
Cauley Stein
Marjanovic*
Mejri*
Zubac
Hammons
D Jones
D Davis
G hernangomez
Poeltl
Onuaku
Maker
Zizic
Markaanen
Z Collins
Bradley
Kornet
Patton Adebayo
Allen
Bryant
D Johnson
Anigbogu

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 20, 2018, 08:39:26 PM »

Good Knicks on MSG - 8 and 10 PM

early season win and one from March
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 10:45:03 PM by kiidcarter8 »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 20, 2018, 08:46:23 PM »

I’d just say that Hardaway is as close as we have to a locked in starter at this point.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Enes and the Lotto
« Reply #313 on: August 20, 2018, 09:32:27 PM »

SIGH

Yet again, you have essayed an alternate universe in which Enes Kanter is not a part of this team going forward, let alone as part of the starting five for 2018-2019.   

Many have presumed, rather prematurely it seems, that Kanter is out of here. 

He is, until further notice, our starting center. 

... Kanter raised his game as a Knick, as did another player universally pissed on, Timmy Hardaway. 

But listening to members of our congregation rooting for the lottery, while others, as is their wont, piss on those players they view as busts or hypes or place holders for cap space (Ntilikina, Hardaway, Kanter) really fries my onions. 

All of these newbies and reclamation projects share one thing.  They want to prove themselves, to each other, to the coach and to the fans of New York.  They want to be part of a team Knicks fans can be proud of.  And last time I checked, Enes bled blue and orange.  He is a competitor.  We need more like him, not less.

Chip, some of us tankers love Enes. At least I do, and hope he remains a Knick.

We also want the team to play hard and improve, but a playoff run in 2018-19 is just not realistic. Therefore we want the best lotto position we can get, hopefully by losing a lot of games by 1 point or 2. Not by playing to lose, but because there's a bunch of new players who are very young and haven't played together.

Then we get the best lotto pick and a transcendent FA or two, and run over Boston and Philly in 2019-20. Pompomgurly enough for you? I wanna revert to positive pussy #3, after you and Kam who share #1 & 2.

PLAY HARD. LOSE HARD

"Don't take the tank so personally.  Let its studded wheels roll over your prone squishy body.  And feel the relief."
Kam the Champion Tank
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 09:38:50 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 20, 2018, 10:27:20 PM »

Johnny One Note

Roll over THIS.