Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 907551 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #390 on: August 29, 2018, 02:09:40 PM »

I don’t have any issue like that posting, Les.

Let’s hope Fiz can have that effect on a few players.

I’m more concerned with Fiz getting everyone to run hard and to play their best defense.

For Mudiay, that’s actually about 2/3 of what he needs to do to have a career year.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 29, 2018, 02:50:47 PM »

I don’t have any issue like that posting, Les.

Let’s hope Fiz can have that effect on a few players.

I’m more concerned with Fiz getting everyone to run hard and to play their best defense.

For Mudiay, that’s actually about 2/3 of what he needs to do to have a career year.

Crowded back court. 

Competition for floor time. 

LOTS OF COMPETITION. 

Good for everybody. 

Burke, Ntilikina, Mudiay. 

Underachievers all, battling for the bell cow role, the rudder, not the udder, seeking to raise their game to an NBA level of command and consistency, on both ends of the court. 

Competition?

Good.

Can't wait. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 29, 2018, 02:57:19 PM »

The trick is going to be turning the competition into cohesion. It doesn’t have to happen right away, since we aren’t reaching any kind of glory this year. That’s going to be the sign for me that things are on the right track.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 29, 2018, 05:42:17 PM »

Come on Kid, the article said Mudiay has a chance to rise as high as 4th guard, behind Hardaway, Burke, and Ntilikina, if he beats out Courtney Lee who may not even stay with the team. If he’s really changed his work ethic and honed his focus, he can achieve more. A Lance Stephenson backcourt bully off the bench role may be what he needs to aim for as a somewhat achievable career goal, rather than starting or star pg.

Mudiay has done more in the league than all but Lee.

But no - I dont think Lee's status even affects Emmanuel.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 29, 2018, 10:00:07 PM »

Let me guess. You see Mudiay, Hardaway, Knox, Kanter, and Hezonja or Thomas as the prime group, with other players like Burke, Lee, etc. filling in the margins. Does that sound about right, based on real competition and what you’ve seen of their career play so far?

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 29, 2018, 10:15:53 PM »

I like one spot open, 4 starters being EM, THJ, EK and KK (leaving room for Fiz possibly bringing Kev off the bench for Mario)

But if Mudiay loses it fair and square, I will be excited to watch whoever earned the spot

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 29, 2018, 10:37:08 PM »

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 30, 2018, 12:40:05 AM »

https://nypost.com/2018/08/30/walt-frazier-delivers-blunt-take-on-durant-and-carmelo-legacies/

Warriors won without him and won with him.

Clyde's point is old school but valid to me since I'm very old school.

actually maybe just old.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 30, 2018, 12:56:22 AM »

I like one spot open, 4 starters being EM, THJ, EK and KK (leaving room for Fiz possibly bringing Kev off the bench for Mario)

But if Mudiay loses it fair and square, I will be excited to watch whoever earned the spot

Why not Knox and Mario as forwards together with Kanter and the two guards?

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 30, 2018, 01:21:04 AM »

Mudiay has done more in the league than all but Lee.

Another way of putting it is Franc had an okay, up-and-down rook campaign.

While Burke was a bigger bust than Muddy.  But now Burke has shown a defined skill set and role that Mud hasn't achieved.  Burke looks like a legit jitterbug scoring backup PG.  Though it will be interesting to see if he can sustain efficiency on his often difficult midrange shots.
The Iverson-lite mode isn't an easy thing to pull off.

My concern is Mud has too much to work on/improve to become a legit NBA player.  Cons: shooting, turnovers, focus, finishing, conditioning, defense, consistency.  Pros: has an NBA body, and shows flashes of skills now and then.  Can penetrate, but not pass or finish off of that.  Some passing vision. 

So what to work on?  What to build on?

Maybe if he develops a shot, the game would open up for him.
And perhaps better conditioning would give him the ups (and quicks) to finish inside.  For now he looks like old Melo trying to convert a layup.  Being able to score either in or out, better/credible D, and reduced turnovers and he'd be a guy you can develop ...

Probably an outside shot is key, since you can't really play SG without it, and that might be his future.

Obviously a key year for Mud.  So you'd expect him to be in contract year shape.  And the op is definitely there, if he's readywillingable to seize it.  Will be very interesting to see how Fiz uses Mud, and what the emphasis is on.  All the new faces and reclamations, and ending contracts doesn't make a PG's job easy (even if they were good at it).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 30, 2018, 03:16:57 AM »

Burke can up his game by adding a reliable 3-point shot.
Though it seems he likes movement/rhythm on his shots, so might not be good at catch and shoot 3's.  And off-the-dribble 3's aren't easy if you aren't a range shooter.
I doubt Burke will ever be a good defender, but adding a 3-point shot would make him very tough to guard.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 30, 2018, 03:19:44 AM »

Franc has a good deal to work on.
Being more decisive and aggressive.
He can cut down on turnovers by not telegraphing passes or tossing weak east-west passes.
Needs to work on his shot.
But has a good defensive foundation.
But have to hope he's more than Darrell Walker.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 30, 2018, 04:04:23 AM »

Burke ended the season as clearly the most assertive directing traffic and setting things up also getting to the shot he wanted and finishing. Turning himself into a pull up reliably from anywhere guy, especially from deep and very deep would up his value. Fizz has to decide what works with him on D and do the balance.

Fizz is reportedly quite particular about how his players finish inside. If he can lead Mudiay to tame his hitch and harness his explosion, he could put up rookie level numbers on a decent percentages while actually helping the team out there. Being and staying in top shape is the key.

Frank has put in work. He’s going to need minutes and a decent leash to show how much he’s grown and what he can do for the team.

Our wings are even more promising with Knox, Mario, Hardaway, and Lee. I’m more worried about the D than scoring and playmaking from this group.

Lance and Vonleh can both make plays though neither should be leaned on. Lance is a good stretch four for Noah to learn from.

Kornet needs to be nimbler, stronger, and more intense.

Kanter can reprise last season or, if he wants to improve his FA position, he could elevate his D, especially his help D and work in space.

Kanter, Kornet, and Vonleh in camp can let us know what sort of positional D Mitchell can provide. He made his help potential evident in Summer League, along with rolling and cleaning up. Can he rebound against Vonleh and Kanter? When any of these guys are in tandems, who does what effectively?

Richard P. Feynman

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 30, 2018, 11:10:16 AM »

Kanter can reprise last season or, if he wants to improve his FA position, he could elevate his D, especially his help D and work in space.

I don't know what role Fiz envisages for Kanter, nor if Kanter will ever be able to move quick enough or get low enough to be a neutral (let alone plus) defender. But I do know he looks absolutely shredded and that he will show up at camp ready to score better and more efficiently than anyone else on the team. Kanter is going to put up numbers this year.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 30, 2018, 11:20:19 AM »

Knix play MIA in London, and likely Kanter can't risk going.
Turkey revoked his passport and have warrant out for his arrest.
He has a US green card, but is essentially stateless until he can qualify for a US passport in 3 years or so.  Not sure what travel docs he would have and can't risk an Interpol warrant awaiting him, and court hassles and such.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 1847