Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 909534 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Comic Relief
« Reply #720 on: September 20, 2018, 10:31:49 PM »

heh

Anyone else tired of Shaman and his Celtics fixation?

They did it that way so we have to

Did what?  Exactly - aint won shit.  And about to lose their lead guard after passing on a generational one in the draft

heh, indeed.

But keep shittin green, Shaman.

Shitting Laker Purple, ain't you Urkel?

Oh, the horror.  To be castigated by the Prophet Kiid.

As I understand your reasoned argument, the Celtics took that overrated Tatum and a #1 draft pick, instead of simply choosing the generational Lonzo Ball--spiritual successor to Sebastin Telfair and Jimmer Fredette, in your smug estimation.

And after a season of pissing on Jayson, when the evidence of his talent and maturity was overwhelming, you tried to claim you'd not been dumping on him. 

I'll leave it to Bankshot to bear witness to your Toadstill Dick on that one. 

And Boston ain't won shit. 

So, if you don't win the championship, you ain't shit?

Point taken. 

Finally, you assume, based on ZERO EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE, that Kyrie Irving is leaving the Celtics. 

Verily, you are the King Of Comedy. 

What is the sound of one hand clapping? 

« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 10:48:54 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Reality Check
« Reply #721 on: September 21, 2018, 04:43:20 AM »

But multiple league sources told SNY.tv that Tom Thibodeau, Minnesota’s President and head coach, will want more than the Knicks can realistically offer. “Not enough for Minny,” one NBA executive said. “Tibs wants to win now.”  –  via SportsNet New York

“I think Jimmy does not see a future in Minny and is not real excited to finish his career playing alongside KAT and Wiggins,” the NBA executive said. “It’s all about Jimmy,” the executive added. “He is looking to get paid and to be the man.”  –  via SportsNet New York

Darren Wolfson: One Eastern Conference FO exec. today via text: “We watch with great interest but ultimately it comes down to not effing up the future – at what cost is it worth it?” #Twolves –  via Twitter DWolfsonKSTP

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Comic Relief
« Reply #722 on: September 21, 2018, 08:55:21 AM »

heh

Anyone else tired of Shaman and his Celtics fixation?

They did it that way so we have to

Did what?  Exactly - aint won shit.  And about to lose their lead guard after passing on a generational one in the draft

heh, indeed.

But keep shittin green, Shaman.

Shitting Laker Purple, ain't you Urkel?

I understand why LeBron is there but preferred they rocked without him.  Will certainly watch the Lakers plenty this year.

I havent applauded nor have I criticized their process. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #723 on: September 21, 2018, 09:00:18 AM »

By tghe way - interesting thought brought up today pertaining to Chip's Celtics - on the best show in sports radio (Sirrius NBA with Isola and Scalabrine)

Would Boston cash in some youth to get Butler - as a means to having Irving stay in town?

The idea was eventually shot down......but food for thought since it would be alomng the lines of what Thibs seeks (start with Rozier, for instance, since Brown is likely a non-starter to the conversation)

Could the money even match (19 mil from Celts to Wolves)?  Don't know.  Some of these teams dont have the mid salaried players that work good as filler.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 21, 2018, 09:09:47 AM »

By the way, re:  Kam's point on Randle, Clarkson and Nance - Lakers certainly hated giving up all three.  Have to give them some credit - it was "LBJ all the way" - and "how do we get there, however painful?"

In time - if Lakers do not win - from that perspective only (we know the business end will be properous with LeBron there) - you will have to ask the question - may we have been better off not jettisoning all three of those guys?

All three by the way (Randle, Nanc and Clarkson) are examples of how misguided fans of the league errantly demean players because their team is not winning.  Consistently winning in the league is about chemistry, coaching and getting that last leg over the hump - not just assembling talent.  A guy like Hardaway could seem like a real prize to a 50+ win Knicks team down the line - even playing in last year's state.  Look at Sprewell - looked real good on some of the better teams he played on - then was considered an OAF when Knicks werent winning.  (Insert Melo and even Marbury here if you wish).

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #725 on: September 21, 2018, 09:11:58 AM »

Qucik, surprising quiz

3 of the NBA's top 5 salaried teams reside in the EASTERN conference - and 5 out of 9

Can you name (no peeking) the first three - and the next 2?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 21, 2018, 09:39:19 AM »

Morris, Baynes, Gabuscele, Rozier............

for Butler

comes close

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 21, 2018, 10:09:10 AM »

MIA & TOR most likely.
MIA still toting Bosh's contract I believe.
TOR has Kawhi, Lowry, Ibaka & Valanciunas all making a lot.
And they gave NormPowell a significant contract, and he's underachieve lately.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 21, 2018, 10:11:13 AM »

Per  HoopsHype

One eastern conference front office guy, on potential Butler acquisition:

"We watch with great interest but ultimately it comes down to not effing up the future - at what cost is it worth it?"

Hmmmm....

Knicks quote?  Not wanting to deal Frank and a #1?

Could be.

But that would run counter to the opinion of one analyst that "Knicks just don't  have enough to offer"

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 21, 2018, 10:13:20 AM »

Morris, Baynes, Gabuscele, Rozier............

for Butler

comes close

I'm assuming the salaries match, but I'm not looking it up as the trade is so dumb and ill-conceived conceptually it would never be seriously proposed.

Here's a hint the first part of that trade on the Celts side is the demand for Jaylen Brown. And then comes the salary matches and draft choices that Thibs would demand.

Here's the second hint, Browns not going anywhere, particularly for a guy who's 8 year older and makes several multiples of what Brown makes,  who the Celts have no need for.

Brown will likely be a player comparable to Butler in the near future, at a fraction of the cost.

Hard pass on Butler.

If the Knicks want the guy, can't see Ainge getting in the way.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 21, 2018, 10:17:59 AM »

WAS has their Big 3 all maxed out.  And Mahinmi making double what he's worth.  not sure if they have other big/bad contracts, but a very top heavy payroll.

GS, OKC & HOU are the West big spenders.

I know that DET has a much higher payroll than their record warrants.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 21, 2018, 10:20:49 AM »

WAS is at #5 and DET at #9.  Nicely done.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 21, 2018, 10:22:36 AM »

Just hit up Hoopshype.
#9 payroll = DET
#10 = MEMf
Chandler Parsons pocketing $25M -- how'd that happen?

Forgot MIA has Tyler Johnson on that ridiculous backloaded deal.
James Johnson makes $14M.  Nice hustle guy, but that's an overpay for sure.  Forgot about Waiters too.

They signed Josh Rich for 4/$40M which seems like a bargain, especially if he keeps progressing.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 21, 2018, 10:24:22 AM »

I've been using hoopshype a good dela this Summer for whatever reason.
So I often see their Top 10 salary list.
MIA at #1 is a head scratcher.
But knock off Bosh and they'd just be around 10th.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 21, 2018, 11:14:01 AM »

I still believe the Melo deal was the right move at the time; Mozgov's yield to a desperate David Griffin later is a valid point but I think the Knicks, with Amare in hand and the likelihood that Melo would have gone to Brooklyn meant that the alternative - proceeding with Amare plus the youth we traded - made much less sense. I've heard the arguments, I suppose you've heard mine.

I see this situation differently. Butler is older than Melo was, and the core is younger. There is no win-now imperative that an Amare-type player might compel. The upcoming free agency the next two years is more favourable to NY than what Donnie faced. The draft, which meant little to the Knicks the year Amare had them flirting with the playoffs pre-Melo, means so much this year.

I think this Knicks team has the chance to do something special - 25 wins. If Kanter or Hardaway miss time before Christmas, then Porzingis' arrival may well be delayed until after the ASB. Then we might be in the mix for something even more special - under 20 wins. Add any of RJ (be still my heart), Little, Zion, Reddish or even Langford to the core of KP/Knox/Frank/TimJr, and our core becomes legitimately exciting. Plus we'd have one max spot this summer or two the following summer.

The big play I'd look isn't cashing chips in for Butler but rather trying to move Courtney Lee to Philly for Jerryd Bayless (expiring) and TimJr to Sacto for expirings (they have loads of flexibility) or to Dallas for Wessy Wes (expiring); I'd be willing to sacrifice either Burke or Mudiay to do it, but not picks. Those two moves would give us enough cap space for two max spots and still be in a position to resign either Hezonja or potentially even Kanter (as well as possibly Vonleh or Burke or Mudiay). We'd be one of the three worst teams in the league, yes, but with the payoff of lots of time for the kids and the belief that the rebuild would be expedited this summer, once we add a top-5 or so pick and, potentially, two stars. If the Fizdale aura is real, I could see Kyrie/Butler being in play. Hell, if we get Barrett or Little, I could see Kyrie/Durant being in play. We wouldn't be a team that looked like it was going to lose forever.

And, again, if they didn't come, we'd still be in great spot. I don't see a compelling enough reason to bring in Butler now.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 1847