Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899219 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #750 on: September 22, 2018, 10:53:41 AM »

I largely agree.  But if the cost of Butler is just Tim Jr., Lance and a heavily protected 1st rounder, say Top 10 this year, Top 5 next.  I'm in.
Sure I'd worry about how it affects team chemistry, and why Butler has become difficult last two teams.  And the contract re-up. 
But suddenly the Knix would have two Top 20 NBA talents, plus a potentially studly pup in Knox, and another high top 10 pick coming.
I mean that's an instant team.
And in the playoffs next year, once KZ is fully back.
Then the clear focus is on getting a quality PG.
With KZ & Butler, we'd be a viable FA destination, with Kyrie or whoever as possibilities.
Add a good PG and NYK is vying for playoff homecourt in the weakened East.

And yes, Dunn was a washout in MINN.
Zach LeV was coming off an ACL op and has been a terrible defender, and looking for a new big contract.
And a #1 pick mid-late lotto is a crapshoot.  Maark looks good. 
Fits the modern game real well, and has more toughness than you'd expect.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 22, 2018, 01:52:49 PM »

Enes Kanter?
Someone I’d happily ship out to make room for Jimmy Butler.

Forgive them Lord, for they know not what they do.

Actually not the worst idea.....

I say this because it has been said that Thibs wants to compete this year - doesnt want to have a lesser chance of making the top 4-5-6 in the West by dealing JB

Kanter would surely add some - as losing Butler diminishes.  And of course you then add to that (more from NY) in picks or whatever

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 22, 2018, 02:08:55 PM »

Plays PF next to Towns, right?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 22, 2018, 03:34:58 PM »

No idea

I do know he would be one of their top 7-8 players- and that he would be productive

Sucky thing to do to Enes though - he loves NY

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 22, 2018, 03:44:30 PM »

Dunn in his second year was about what some of you feel Frank can be (went from an 8 PER toa  14+)

16 games cores of 15+ - in 52 games

Trend is up.  Will it plateau?  We shall see.

I liekLavine a bit more than Biz does but he makes a good point about the comeback from in jury

THOUGH - ine NBA Radio analyst this weeks ays he expects Heyward "fully back".

Different injury, true ....... but maybe these world class athletes do get "back"so much easier than us mere mortals.

(Microfracture is the one that most guys never become what they were.  Even Daniel Murphy in MLB has had this occur)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 22, 2018, 03:58:43 PM »

No idea

I do know he would be one of their top 7-8 players- and that he would be productive

Sucky thing to do to Enes though - he loves NY

Talk to your boy Layden. Tell him we’ll throw in Ron Baker to make the math work.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 22, 2018, 06:34:24 PM »

Nah.  Unavailable.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 22, 2018, 10:20:36 PM »

Be happy I’m not putting Mudiay on the table, someone who might actually make the regular season roster and contribute to winning basketball this year.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Frank is a legit 6'6" now?
« Reply #758 on: September 22, 2018, 10:49:50 PM »

Frank Ntilikina, PG: Has grown 1 ¹/₂ inches since last season, but Knicks still listing him at same height, perhaps by his wishes.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 23, 2018, 02:22:30 AM »

Microfracture and Achilles tears.

Micro-fracture surgery means that a healing deficit already exists.  That blood flow is limited to the area that needs healing.  So you are creating a number of new small injury sites (drilled micro-holes) in order to stimulate blood flow and promote healing.  So you're already talking about not just an injury but an injury that isn't healing properly/effectively.

Not sure why Achilles can't be repaired so that they can perform close to pre-op days.  One issue in sports is that it's usually older players who blow out their Achilles (think Isaiah, Barkley, Kobe) and healing takes longer when you're older and their athleticism had already significantly declined.

Be interesting to see how Boogie comes back from his Achilles rupture. Of course he has a lot of weight to place on that.
I think there's been a few youngish guys with Achilles issues lately.  But I'm blanking on other names.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 23, 2018, 03:01:57 AM »

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Fuck Jimmy Butler
« Reply #761 on: September 23, 2018, 03:18:35 AM »

Word is that now he is going to bail on training camp. 

With a signed contract for just under $20,000,000.

A real PUNK ASS move. 

And this is the motherfucker some of you are going Cuckoo For Cocoa Puffs over. 

By all means, let's trade Kanter, Hardaway, Ntilikina and a #1 and give this singularly self-absorbed individual $40,000,000 X Five Years and make him the face of the franchise, instead of focusing on our youth and allowing The Fizz Kids To Inculcate Coach's teachings while bonding with each other and forging a foundational T-E-A-M unit. 

Fuck Jimmy Butler. 

And...oh, nevermind. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 23, 2018, 03:29:58 AM »

Oh come on, Chip. Once Butler gets over this minor ripple of career turbulence I’m sure the are no possible circumstances where he would trouble management or disrupt chemistry on a team again.

We should probably mortgage our future to get him. There’s a thought.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 23, 2018, 05:23:35 AM »

Butler was part of the rift in Chicago too.
Again having to do with not getting along with younger players.
And the Knix of course are loaded with ... younger players.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 23, 2018, 05:46:34 AM »

Now the owner doesn't want Butler in training camp and wants a deal done within days.  Certainly makes it harder for MINNy to get a good return.

The smart thing would have been to tell Butler's camp to cool it, and the team will do everything to find a trade.  Just act like everything is normal until a deal is reached.

Awkward: Thibs is the decider and he wants Butler to stay.  He's been vetoed by the owner.  So Layden will likely be handling offers.
But:
“The owner’s trading him,” one Board of Governors source told ESPN. “That was made clear. It’s just a matter of when.” “He basically said, ‘If you don’t get anywhere with [Layden], and you’ve got something good, bring it to me,” another high-ranking league official told ESPN. 

So even Layden is a figurehead/frontman and can be sidestepped.

This has turned into a mess rather quickly.
Also, Towns just got a Big max extension and doesn't get along with Thibs great.
So it looks like Wolves will need a new coach and new Head GM soon enough.
I guess Layden gets a crash audition to become the Top Man.
But he could easily be out as well.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 1844