Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 908781 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Howdy
« Reply #870 on: September 28, 2018, 02:22:51 PM »

So? 

Twenty Five Years And Counting. 

And our most recent free agents? 

Hezonja?  Vonleh?

Attracted by relationships with Scott Perry, and a desire to reinvent themselves, retool their careers. 

Still waiting on that Thoroughbred you posit would LOVE TO PLAY IN NEW YORK.

As Fizdale laid it out, if we don't create a legitimate winning culture, free agency won't matter worth a damn. 

Too many players have mainly used that "New York Allure" to drive up the price for their preferred destinations. 

Or blown us off completely as in, refusing to even consider a meeting, such as Durant. 

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #871 on: September 28, 2018, 02:28:11 PM »

But to refute your point about exposure... i am sorry but you're going to have to give me an example of the guy (Giannis, Dame Lillard, Anthony Davis, etc) who wouldn't have his profiled raised a lot higher with much more exposure if he were in a better (read: bigger) market

Lebron James? James Harden? Kevin Durant?  Russell Westbrook?  I think your argument might work for baseball players, as MLB remains a regional sport. I don't think that's the case for today's NBA.   
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 02:33:50 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: September 28, 2018, 02:36:12 PM »

But to refute your point about exposure... i am sorry but you're going to have to give me an example of the guy (Giannis, Dame Lillard, Anthony Davis, etc) who wouldn't have his profiled raised a lot higher with much more exposure if he were in a better (read: bigger) market

Lebron James? James Harden? Kevin Durant?  Russell Westbrook?  I think your argument might work for baseball players, as MLB remains a regional sport. I don't think that's the case for today's NBA.

LeBron just went to a bigger market!  How can you use him as an example against my point?

KD escaped a small market to go to a bigger one.

Russ is an alien.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #873 on: September 28, 2018, 02:42:13 PM »

Do you think Lebron going to LA is going to raise his profile?  Your question asked for examples of guys who wouldn't have a higher profile in a bigger market. I don't think those guys profiles could be any higher wherever they played. 

With a couple of nice seasons thrown in, the Knicks have been a garbage team with garbage management for years now.  "Everyone wants to play in New York" is dead.  Good management and good coaching is the way back. 
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 02:46:26 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: September 28, 2018, 02:50:02 PM »

Do you think Lebron going to LA is going to raise his profile?  Your question asked for examples of guys who wouldn't have a higher profile in a bigger market. I don't think those guys profiles could be any higher wherever they played. 

With a couple of nice seasons thrown in, the Knicks have been a garbage team with garbage management for years now.  "Everyone wants to play in New York" is dead.  Good management and good coaching is the way back.

Yes LeBron wants to be a Producer of movies.  He is doing Space Jam.  He was working on this plan for years. He wants to be a billionaire.  To him that  required being in the 2nd biggest market in the NBA.

Part of the allure of Golden State aside from Winning is the proximity to Silicon Valley and the opportunity to invest in so many tech start-ups.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Knicks Window to Compete
« Reply #875 on: September 28, 2018, 03:26:19 PM »

Golden State's nucleus are all around 29-30 years old.  Steph and KD are 30.  Even if they keep everyone their window to win is 3 more years.

By the time the Knicks are ready to compete (not this year obviously, and next year is the first baby step) the path to winning will look different.

We don't have to build a team to beat the Warriors... but we will have somebody to target. 

Who do you think that team will be?  Boston?  Philly?  The Clippers?!

chipstern

• View Profile
From Fizz With Love
« Reply #876 on: September 28, 2018, 04:56:57 PM »

Apologies to Facile & KamSandwich:

Mike Vorkunov: David Fizdale is enjoying coaching Enes Kanter. “How do you not like Enes? For me, he’s like our spirit. He keeps our gym light…And thinking about what he and his family is going through, the fact that he can come in here and still have enough energy to give to us? I love him.” pic.twitter.com/Ub0gNAImAM
http://twitter.com/MikeVorkunov/status/1045761112187252738
– via Twitter
MikeVorkunov
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 04:58:48 PM by chipstern »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Enes is a Knick
« Reply #877 on: September 28, 2018, 05:11:59 PM »

I'm glad the coach likes him

He is the worst defensive C in the L

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
JoNo wants out
« Reply #878 on: September 28, 2018, 05:12:40 PM »

Give back some money dude!

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Enes is a Knick
« Reply #879 on: September 28, 2018, 05:13:49 PM »

I'm glad the coach likes him

He is the worst defensive C in the L

Glad Fizz is the coach and you're only the GM. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: My Lineup
« Reply #880 on: September 28, 2018, 06:49:19 PM »

Trey
Frank
Kevin
Mario
Mitch

6th man: THjr
7th man: Enes
8th man: Lee

You just earned the first IGNORE of the season

1 week - see ya

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #881 on: September 28, 2018, 07:10:52 PM »

Tim Hardaway JUNIOR!!

True Dat. 

However,  I don't think we would consider Timmy as a Tier 1 Free Agent, along the lines of, oh, Klay Thompson. 

I am not touching Thompson at 25 mil

Will be interesting to see what he can do if he has to be anything close to a lead guy.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #882 on: September 28, 2018, 10:32:42 PM »

I think the fact that he doesn't want to be the lead guy tells you everything you need to know about that question.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 10:36:31 PM by elephant »

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #883 on: September 29, 2018, 09:02:29 AM »

Butler is a high mileage 29 (heavy minutes under Thibs) and just had some knee issues.  And his game relies on athleticism more than LMA's. 

I think the last year of his max deal would be something like $42M during his age 34 campaign (but that's without looking anything up).

I also hold his bullshit attitude the past two seasons/teams against him.  But there's no question he has talent and plays hard.  Which is why you have a rumoured 20 teams asking about him.

All-Defensive 2nd team 4 of the past 5 years.

Okay

Latest rumor?

Rockets making a push for Butler. 

Here is a trade that works for both teams, though Houston comes out ahead, for sure. 

Eric Gordon, JP Tucker, Brandon Knight and a #1

FOR

Jimmy Butler & Gorgui Dieng. 

Minny gets rid of Dieng and his contract, which is purportedly a priority, receive a starting SG, a solid defensive sixth man wing in PJ Tucker, and a point on Knight. 

Butler becomes Houston's starting SF. 

Paul-Harden-Butler-Anthony-Capella

Dieng off the bench at PF and C.

Perhaps some combo of Speights or Green or Carter-Williams sweetens the pot...extra draft picks...

I suppose this is a legit offer, but Minny asking Philly for Ben Simmons would signal delusions of grandeur. 

And this trade would turn Houston into a conference juggernaut, capable of nuking the likes of Minnesota for next two-three years. 

Still, only way the number work are with Gordon-Tucker-Knight and taking back Dieng. 

Perhaps if another team was involved, such as the Kings. 

Anyway, something for all of you Trader Vics to contemplate.

Trade violates the CBA - Knight cannot be packaged with another player in a trade right now. Rockets can't put up a package right now where they take on Dieng.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
Re: JoNo wants out
« Reply #884 on: September 29, 2018, 09:03:17 AM »

Give back some money dude!

Unless Facil is correct about being able to buy back the stretch (not my reading of the CBA), Noah needs to give back a significant amount of money to make this worthwhile for the Knicks, imo.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 1847