Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900427 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #915 on: October 02, 2018, 01:30:53 PM »

Just pre-season, but it'd be nice to see Tim look like a vet and play smart.

Trier has some razzle.
I always enjoy watching Ron Baker play.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 01:57:27 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

luee

• View Profile
Re: Expectations--We're #1?
« Reply #916 on: October 02, 2018, 01:41:04 PM »

Curious

2018 NBA Draft

#9 Knox
#36 Robinson

2017 NBA Draft

#8 Ntilinkina
#44 Dotson

2015 NBA Draft

#4 Porzingis
#5 Hezonja
#7 Mudiay

2014 NBA Draft

#9 Vonleh

2013 NBA Draft

#9 Burke
#24 Hardaway

2011 NBA Draft

#3 Kanter

Couple of the guys listed were #2 picks.

But aside from the fact we have collected some first round talent there isn't anything particularly remarkable there

Lots of teams have first rounders and the fact is we have no Top 3 picks except Enes Kanter

Wizards:

John Wall #1 pick first rd
Bradley Beal #3 pick first rd
Otto Porter #3 pick first rd

It's not how many past first rounders you can acquire.  A patient rebuild requires a more cast-iron stomach.  And get REALLY BAD before you get good.

We (the Knicks) always play both sides of the fence.... "let's try to make the playoffs with a team going nowhere" year after year after year

It seems to work, last year you have Beasley and Burke producing. Salvaging a highly rated draft choice is a big deal at little cost. That is where the GM comes in. Any big redemptions on the knix in the recent past?
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #917 on: October 02, 2018, 01:47:44 PM »

Just pre-season, but it'd be nice to see Tim look like a vet and paly smart.

Trier has some razzle.
I always enjoy watching Ron Baker play.

Tim only connecting on 1-6 from three. 

But 2-2 and 4-5/FT for 11 points in 12 minutes and a +5. 

Still has a tendency to hold on to the rock, at least on the possessions I saw (missed most of the first quarter).  Better to keep the ball moving around the horn and get it back in some sort of rhythm. 

Getting to the line five times in the space of 12 minutes a reasonable sign...fruit not falling from the outside, take it to the rack. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #918 on: October 02, 2018, 02:17:28 PM »

I just hope Tim will play up to his contract and age, and it won't be another year of excuses.
With KZ out, Tim has the op to lead the team in scoring and shots.
It'd also be nice to see him lead some.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #919 on: October 02, 2018, 02:22:25 PM »

Only the first PS game but KK looks like the real thing, fills up the stat line.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Pharoah

• View Profile
« Reply #920 on: October 02, 2018, 02:23:30 PM »

Hello all - are we ready for the first day of class?

Just watched last nights game.

Knox is going to be a star once he fully develops. His ability to grab a rebound and push the pace will lead to a lot of fast break points we were missing last season. I like how aggressive he was going after boards and the jumper looked smooth. He could end up leading the team in scoring this season until KP comes back.

Robinson showed what we saw in summer league against actual NBA talent. This kid is a game changer and I'm excited to see how he develops. Loved seeing him get under Morris' skin and show no fear. He will be a nuisance for opposing bigs. I can't wait to see what a Robinson and KP front court looks like.

Frank played his game which is fine by me. The team is just better when he is on the court because of his defense and making the right plays. We dont need him to be an offensive juggernaut to be successful. I did like that pull up 3 in transition during the 3rd quarter run. He has a knack for hitting big shots.

I really wish THJ would stop shooting so many quick pull up 3s. He is so good when he uses his athleticism to get to the basket. He should play more of a Dwayne Wade type of game.

Kanter doing what Kanter does. We know what he will bring this season. Was hoping to see that jumper he has been working on but he didn't really play much this game.

Trey didn't have the best game but I am still confident in him being the starting PG this season. He will make sure to establish a high pace and get this team running in transition. Love how he finds a way to get to the rim and find his spots on the floor.

Man I want to see Mudiay succeed but I'm losing faith he has what it takes to take the game serious enough to be an impact player. He is still doing to much instead of using a simple move to finish. He constantly puts himself in worse spots then he should be which result in crazy layups and pass outs. His mistakes are coachable but is he?

I think Hezonia is going to fit perfectly on this team in a high pace system as he becomes more comfortable with his teammates. I want to see him starting at some point.

Lance looks fully healthy and determined to start the season on a good note. Hopefully his 3 point shooting will be back to where it was a few seasons ago. I like him as a leader for this young team.

Trier is most definitely an NBA caliber player. He will carve himself a role off the bench for this team.

Vonleh is a straight up bully beast. Smith got the better of him a couple of times but Vonleh pushed him around like a small child. His ability to pound it down low and still knock down the 3 is nice off the bench. Showed off some nice handles as well on one play as well. Give me the occasional Vonleh-Kanter bully front court please.

Dotson will have his ups and down but he sure has confidence in himself. He looked better this game than he did all of preseason. He has a place on this team.

Love me some Ron Baker. He usually has the least amount of natural talent on the floor but always puts himself in the right place, makes the right reads and just plays hard. Keep him on this team! We need his IQ to rub off on the young guys. Baker will make a great coach someday if he chooses to go that route when his playing days are done.

I like Kornet but I just dont see him beating out Vonleh for a spot.

The rest of the guys can go work on their games in Westchester.

chipstern

• View Profile
Fort Knox
« Reply #921 on: October 02, 2018, 03:41:40 PM »

Yes, Kevin Knox. 

My Goodness. 

NOTE: Is it just me, or does Kevin Knox look like a young Joe Louis Barrow on stilts?

To those still obsessing over Timmy and Ron's contracts and reflexively calling out Mills and Perry as idiots?

* The Anthony Trade

* Trey Burke

* DAVID FIZDALE

* Kevin Knox

* Mitchell Robinson

* Alonzo Trier

* Mario Hezonja

* The Butler Trade

Mills and Perry looked at last year's personnel and coaching staff, decided we were not athletic enough to compete and needed a new direction in terms of leadership going forward. 

We need to see more of Mudiay and Vonleh, but I was encouraged by what I saw with both.  Mudiay still seems confounding in terms of finishing, but I liked his energy, his intensity, how he pushed the pace and how he teamed with French Frank.  Vonleh looks to be a legit physical presence and rebounder with a good motor.  So those two moves could also work out on the + side.

Don't know if there is even a roster space for Hicks, but he looks to have progressed in terms of speed and focus.  And Fizz obviously really likes Trier and showed a lot of 3-guard looks last night. 

C: Kanter, Robinson, [NOAH]
C/PF: Porzingis, Kornet
PF/SF: Thomas, Vonleh, Hicks
SF/PF: Knox, Hezonja
SG/SF: Hardaway, Lee, Dotson, Trier
PG/SG: Burke, Ntilikina, Mudiay, Baker

Looks like Hicks & Trier, our 2-Way/G-League Contracts could be Westchester Bound. 

Unless it comes down to a Baker or Trier decision.  And Baker showed good energy and toughness last night.  So...oh, and we have yet to hear from Courtney Lee, a solid veteran presence, in any event...though obviously he has trade value. 

Also, Noah needs to be resolved before opening night, right?  Contract still a factor in the Final Fifteen. 

Last fall, Carmelo's situation did not get resolved until what, a day or two before the beginning of training camp? 

So who knows what machinations remain from our freckle-faced GM, Commodore Perry. 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 03:44:18 PM by chipstern »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Consistency
« Reply #922 on: October 02, 2018, 04:08:21 PM »

With all young and developing players you will see flashes of potential and suffer their mistakes. 
And our whole team is young basically.
And they don't have a lot of experience playing as a unit. 
And its the first pre-season game. 
First time going against opposing coaching and opposing players.

So i'm not going to make any statements about anyone off one game.
But i thought Knox looked bigger than he did in SL.
And Lance looks the part of leader, filling out the uniform, all grown up now.

The offense and the defense will both improve with more reps.
Let's look for and demand consistency out of the 8-10 man rotation of guys. 
If 9 and 10 aren't being consistent rotate in 11 and 12.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Consistency
« Reply #923 on: October 02, 2018, 04:56:07 PM »

With all young and developing players you will see flashes of potential and suffer their mistakes. 
And our whole team is young basically.
And they don't have a lot of experience playing as a unit. 
And its the first pre-season game. 
First time going against opposing coaching and opposing players.

So i'm not going to make any statements about anyone off one game.
But i thought Knox looked bigger than he did in SL.
And Lance looks the part of leader, filling out the uniform, all grown up now.

The offense and the defense will both improve with more reps.
Let's look for and demand consistency out of the 8-10 man rotation of guys. 
If 9 and 10 aren't being consistent rotate in 11 and 12.

I believe Fizz is inclined to go deep into his bench.

A) To push the pace and keep fresh greyhounds on the floor

B) To keep everyone's head in the game and to never take his foot off the pedal, vis a vis, competition

C) To hold out his trump card, which is DEFENSE, and the need to play it. 

PS: I was really proud of our three rookies last night.  Trier is a sleeper who reminds me of, don't laugh, Dwayne Wade, in terms of being able to create his own shot.  Robinson is just a freak, and I dare say Fizz wakes up in the middle of the night wondering what he did to deserve such a gift from the basketball Gods...and who plays with a little bit of a chip on his shoulder.  And Fort Knox?  Above and beyond his talent, which is everything John Calipari said it was, Kevin Know is COACHABLE.  Fizz keeps tossing challenges his way, and Kevin responds.  Given, he is still only 19, and has many BIG CHALLENGES and SLAP DOWNS a-coming, but he is the kind of kid who will wipe the custard pie from his face, come roaring down the floor, and answer back.  Kevin is MATURE beyond his years, and apros my obsessions with keeping our #1 picks and ignoring shiny objects, assuming KP takes the year off, or least ways, spends the season healing only to come back in the final few weeks a la Bernard King, Kevin Knox has the game and the aspirational maturity to emerge as a team leader.  FINALLY, A BIT OF LUCK. Luck being the residue of design.  RESPECT THE PROCESS.  P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E. 

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #924 on: October 02, 2018, 06:48:26 PM »

I can see Bo at the Garden

"C Mon Tim play up to your age!"

Heh

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #925 on: October 02, 2018, 06:51:04 PM »

Still have no idea why anyone thinks Porzingis will take the year or even half a year off.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 02, 2018, 07:57:54 PM »

Still have no idea why anyone thinks Porzingis will take the year or even half a year off.

Perhaps because he has the luxury of doing so. 

The Knicks have factored that in. 

Also, consider how it could benefit him for the team to divine a legitimate up tempo style and winning culture, and him airlift in as if, not a savior, but, a gifted free agent. 

No, I do not see Kristaps staying away if he feels ready and the doctors give him the AOK, but there is something to be said for letting the soup simmer a while, before adding the meat.

Again, let our pups develop a legit chemistry, and not be looking over their shoulders for The Savior. 

LesterDawg, who is the forum Bernard King Scholar, would know.  How many games did The King come back to play at the tail end of his TWO YEAR REHAB? 

Missed 23 games at the tail end of the 1984-1985 season in which he got injured and was averaging 32.5 ppg (Cartwright was out with his foot injury).

All of the following year. 

1986-1987, came back for the final six games. 

For KP, I'd day a number of factors play into the team's decision, such as, are we a playoff or a lottery team? 

Anyway, we shall see, and Kevin Knox has all the motivation in the world to step up to be the bell cow in KP's absence, and for the team to develop a template for him to step into. 

I am in no damn rush.  That was a nasty injury. 

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 02, 2018, 09:05:05 PM »

LesterDawg, who is the forum Bernard King Scholar, would know.  How many games did The King come back to play at the tail end of his TWO YEAR REHAB? 

Missed 23 games at the tail end of the 1984-1985 season in which he got injured and was averaging 32.5 ppg (Cartwright was out with his foot injury).

All of the following year. 

1986-1987, came back for the final six games. 

And I was in the Garden the night he came back :)

Maybe I'll try to be there for KP's return...3 decades later, yow...
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: October 02, 2018, 09:05:39 PM »

YOW!

** yeah, I'm not in a rush either, been doing this for 5 decades, can wait til he's good and ready.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 09:07:46 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #929 on: October 02, 2018, 09:52:38 PM »

YOW!

** yeah, I'm not in a rush either, been doing this for 5 decades, can wait til he's good and ready.

Good

&

READY
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 09:56:57 PM by chipstern »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 1844