Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 906266 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #990 on: October 05, 2018, 08:45:05 AM »

Maybe something 3-way, where:

Knix get Hark ($10M this and next) & Wes Mathews ($18M) ending.

DAL gets Tim Jr. ($17M) and My Leonard (10.5M)

POR gets Dwight Powell ($9M, player opt for $10.5M), Mud ($4.5M) and either Zonja or Lance (~$7M). 

Zonja better since he can shoot 3's and is an ending deal.  But probably can't be traded until Dec 15 or whatever in a package.

Basically,
KNIX flip Tim for Hark, shoring up the SF/PF slots.  While adding $7M in cap space for next year.  Wes is a temp fill-in for Tim this year, while Trier and Dotson get their sea legs.  And Courtly steadies the ship.  Knix improve roster balance and add cap space.
Hark probably slides in as starting PF while KZ is out, moving Lance back to his better bench role.

DAL flips Wes' ending for Tim's scoring.  Basically an old-for-young wing swap for the Mavs.  Tim slots in with Smith Jr and Doncic with DeAndre down below.  In the process, they lose athletic Dwight Powel, but Mavs hope Dirk can light a fire under Myers ass, and teach him some tricks.

POR = basically a Hark for Powell swap, which allows them to ditch Leonard for endings.  What's not to like?
POR gets a lot of ending deals (tho Powell can opt in for same money as Hark/Leonard had).  A bouncy Powell, see if Zonja can shoot or Mud can play.  They can use the 3-point shooting Zonja supposedly brings.  But in any case they improve their salary cap for next year. 
Save $10M at least and $20M if Powell opts out (they can decide to keep him or not).

I really like this deal for NYK and POR.
Depends a lot on what DAL thinks of Tim (and his contract) and Powell.
DAL really can use more 3-point shooting.

Thoughts?

Pass

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #991 on: October 05, 2018, 09:21:29 AM »

Yayyyyy....

Go, Kyrie!!

Kid, sorry to burst your balloon.

But it look like you might get your wish with Kavanaugh on the Court.

Your keg is half full-

Seems Brett was a little thirsty after all that anger came out.

Trump's wish.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #992 on: October 05, 2018, 09:28:48 AM »

Can Mario Hezonja even be traded?

I wouldn't be looking for any player movement unless it is simply dealing a guy to open a roster spot (ex;  Trier making roster), for a pick and someone we could waive.

Not sure we are at that point with Mudiay but who knows?

I like our front court.  Lets remember Kornet.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 10:01:52 AM by kiiidcarter8 »

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #993 on: October 05, 2018, 09:29:56 AM »

So it took young buck Mitch 2 games to get hurt?  Yes.  Rely on him.  Surely.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: October 05, 2018, 09:46:31 AM »

Maybe something 3-way, where:

Knix get Hark ($10M this and next) & Wes Mathews ($18M) ending.

DAL gets Tim Jr. ($17M) and My Leonard (10.5M)

POR gets Dwight Powell ($9M, player opt for $10.5M), Mud ($4.5M) and either Zonja or Lance (~$7M). 

Zonja better since he can shoot 3's and is an ending deal.  But probably can't be traded until Dec 15 or whatever in a package.

Basically,
KNIX flip Tim for Hark, shoring up the SF/PF slots.  While adding $7M in cap space for next year.  Wes is a temp fill-in for Tim this year, while Trier and Dotson get their sea legs.  And Courtly steadies the ship.  Knix improve roster balance and add cap space.
Hark probably slides in as starting PF while KZ is out, moving Lance back to his better bench role.

DAL flips Wes' ending for Tim's scoring.  Basically an old-for-young wing swap for the Mavs.  Tim slots in with Smith Jr and Doncic with DeAndre down below.  In the process, they lose athletic Dwight Powel, but Mavs hope Dirk can light a fire under Myers ass, and teach him some tricks.

POR = basically a Hark for Powell swap, which allows them to ditch Leonard for endings.  What's not to like?
POR gets a lot of ending deals (tho Powell can opt in for same money as Hark/Leonard had).  A bouncy Powell, see if Zonja can shoot or Mud can play.  They can use the 3-point shooting Zonja supposedly brings.  But in any case they improve their salary cap for next year. 
Save $10M at least and $20M if Powell opts out (they can decide to keep him or not).

I really like this deal for NYK and POR.
Depends a lot on what DAL thinks of Tim (and his contract) and Powell.
DAL really can use more 3-point shooting.

Thoughts?

Pass

Shoot.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Kyrie
« Reply #995 on: October 05, 2018, 10:05:24 AM »

So much for all of that specious

speculative conjecture about Butler and Kyrie on the Knicks...

And we still have our 2019 #1 pick. 

Imagine that.

Yeah ...  Brain trust stated on the preseason show that picks won't be dealt.

So... Look at #10-16 Or so on the nbadraft.net board. 

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #996 on: October 05, 2018, 10:08:51 AM »

Will Knicks

a)  want to pull off a "keep KP on ice, get higher pick" maneuver?

b)  be able to convince Porzingis to go along?

I have contended all along it will be a "lets go, I am ready" situation, KP calling the shots.  But maybe this is a more crafty management group...

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #997 on: October 05, 2018, 12:12:39 PM »

I don't think Zonja can be packaged until Dec 15.
And he doesn't make enough to structure it as two deals; (a Hark-Zonja straight up and then the other stuff as a 2nd deal).

Knix have 5 SG's and two combo G's, so I definitely expect PerryMills to be looking to make a move.  Courtly (and Noah) on the trading block.  But Tim could get us more in return.  Knix also lacking a starting quality PG, but my trade doesn't address that.

My deal balances the roster by giving us a legit starting F in Hark.  And adding more defense.  I like Lance but he's best as a 15 min a night bench vet.  Hark and Knox could be a solid F pairing.  Then later KZ starting and either Hark or Knox to the bench.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Sweet Merciful
« Reply #998 on: October 05, 2018, 04:33:47 PM »

Two lousy exhibition games, and Knicks fans already have Mario Hezonja booked on a garbage trawler out of Bayonne. 

(Oh, and Kiid Rock has concluded that Mitchell Robinson's vitality is suspect based on turning his ankle by stepping on another player's foot, one of the most common injuries in all of hoops)

And, sweet merciful J____, will someone kindly explain the eternal appeal of Maurice Harkless to a generation of Trader Vics?  And whatsoever would justify queering the chemistry of this team before it has even started, and with Kevin Knox already earning his stripes at small forward. 

Having hopefully dispensed with the feeding frenzy Knicks fans held in regard to queering all of our plans to pursue fucking Melo 2.0 in Jimmy Butler ("...but see, he GUARANTEES you get Kyrie Irving in the summer of 2019, and without Jimmy, we don't stand a chance...it's a fact...I read it in the newspaper"), once again, here comes the savior from Galilee, Moe Harkless, starting small forward of our dreams.   

Yes, by all means, let's bail out Portland from a bad signing. 

By all means let's bring on board  a cat who in six seasons, SIX SEASONS, has yet to make a case for himself, and who in three seasons with Portland, THREE SEASONS, is averaging 6.8 ppg, with a FT% of .577 and a .309 3-point %.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 05:50:42 PM by chipstern »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #999 on: October 05, 2018, 06:50:15 PM »

I don't think Hark has been used that well in POR.
If he was doing great, he wouldn't be available (same with Tim).
He has shown improvement and can develop further.
Last two years shot 50% FG.  Last year 41% on 3's (just 2 attempts).  Year before 35% on 3's.  Last year's FT% up to 71%.  So he's not going to hurt you on offense (and can do more)
Solid defender.  Decent rebounder.

I hadn't thought of Hark as overpaid. $10M with one more year remaining.  League average is $8M now.
EvTurner and Myers are their problem contracts.

Really Hark would be a fill-in and then a backup F to KZ and Knox.  And if Knox struggles or hits the rook wall, Hark could start at SF.
So a backup F for $10M who can fill in and start at SF/PF as needed.
Plays D, and developing a 3&D profile.
Not a savior, but a solid role player.

Also, we'd save $7M on next season's cap.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: October 05, 2018, 07:00:45 PM »

As for queering the chemistry.
I think moving mistake players such as Mud and Zonja helps.  Not to mention thinning out the G glut, both clarifying the PG situation -- just Burke and Franc -- while making a commitment to Courtly, who has been left dangling. 

I largely forgot about Vonleh.  Maybe the Knix hope he can be a Hark type and be a solid F role player.  I have doubts and don't see him able to legit start at either F spot.  But we'll see.

Another bonus: 3 players going out and 2 back means we open a roster spot for Trier, showing players that effort is rewarded.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: October 05, 2018, 09:17:06 PM »

Once again......Evan Turner much better than he  gets credit for.  Even the "overpaid" can be excellent contributors - and frankly sometimes you NEED to overpay.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: October 05, 2018, 09:59:48 PM »

Damn. Talent is a good thing to have, and we have some. Go Knicks!
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: October 05, 2018, 10:03:27 PM »

As for queering the chemistry.
I think moving mistake players such as Mud and Zonja helps.  Not to mention thinning out the G glut, both clarifying the PG situation -- just Burke and Franc -- while making a commitment to Courtly, who has been left dangling. 

I largely forgot about Vonleh.  Maybe the Knix hope he can be a Hark type and be a solid F role player.  I have doubts and don't see him able to legit start at either F spot.  But we'll see.

Another bonus: 3 players going out and 2 back means we open a roster spot for Trier, showing players that effort is rewarded.

Yeah, I mentioned how we would do that -

Deal a usable player for a bum and a pick.  Waive the bum.  Add Trier.

Though Fiz said the other night re:  Alonzo when asked if he'd be "G-league bound" -

"I dont know - but either way he is OURS.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: October 05, 2018, 10:35:45 PM »

Looks like another fine game for the core and rotation, looking at the stat sheet. I only caught the final quarter, not so much from that end of the bench.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 1847