Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899507 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
True Dat
« Reply #1005 on: October 05, 2018, 11:45:43 PM »

Damn. Talent is a good thing to have, and we have some. Go Knicks!

True Dat. 

Finally. 

PS: FUCK Moe Harkless. 

PPS: FUCK Moe Harkless TWICE.

PPPS: Timmy.

PPPPS: Looking forward to Pharoah's breakdown.  Yes, only a pre-season game, but winning is a good habit TO CULTIVATE.  And we are playing with good pace and getting after it defensively, albeit only baby steps.  BUT SOMETHING TO ROOT FOR. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: True Dat
« Reply #1006 on: October 05, 2018, 11:46:37 PM »

Damn. Talent is a good thing to have, and we have some. Go Knicks!

True Dat. 

Finally. 

PS: FUCK Moe Harkless. 

PPS: FUCK Moe Harkless TWICE.

PPPS: Timmy.

PPPPS: Looking forward to Pharoah's breakdown.  Yes, only a pre-season game, but winning is a good habit TO CULTIVATE.  And we are playing with good pace and getting after it defensively, albeit only baby steps.  BUT SOMETHING TO ROOT FOR.

Fuck Jimmy Butler.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Kyrie
« Reply #1007 on: October 06, 2018, 12:39:33 AM »

So much for all of that specious

speculative conjecture about Butler and Kyrie on the Knicks...

And we still have our 2019 #1 pick. 

Imagine that.

Yeah ...  Brain trust stated on the preseason show that picks won't be dealt.

So... Look at #10-16 Or so on the nbadraft.net board.

This next lottery is the first one with improved odds for every team in the lottery so as long as we are in it we stand a meaningful chance at a Top 4 pick

Finishing 10th would yield about 1 in 8 odds of landing one of the first four picks

I'm comfortable with that... seeing 35 wins possible as a rosy prediction.

That would be ideal... begin to set a winning culture while still maintaining a hope for lottery luck.

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Zupzup

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #1008 on: October 06, 2018, 04:21:50 AM »

Sometimes its not about the numbers. THJ does not seem like a natural fit on this team. And I say this after a decent game from him.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: October 06, 2018, 06:13:43 AM »

We're not going anywhere.
So Lance and Vonleh can be the fill-in F's.
And then in backup roles once KZ returns.

A full year to evaluate Tim, Zonja, Mud.
Though since the latter 2 are endings, they can go in a package midseason perhaps. 

We have 6 SG's and 2 combo G's.
So a glut.  But maybe who cares.

What do the Knicks do if Kanter gets injured?  or abducted by Erdogan's goons?
He seems like an iron man and his ground bound game reduces possibilities of high flying injury.  But stuff happens.

Mitch ain't ready to start.
Neither is Kornet.
I don't expect to see KZ until FEB.
If Noah was still on board, he'd be a possibility.
But seems like that ship is disembarking, and we probably want that roster spot as well.

Maybe it would just help us tank.
But Micth/Kornet/Lance as our contingency starting C?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: October 06, 2018, 12:57:31 PM »

Mitch, Kornet, and Vonleh. Lance is mostly PF with a little SF potential.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: October 06, 2018, 01:06:42 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/notable-trade-exceptions-available-this-offseason/ar-AAyHFFO

Blazers, Bulls, and Raptors all have big enough exceptions to absorb Courtney Lee.

The Clips, Pistons, and Cavs all have between five and seven mil available.

This might be the best route to off load our extra guard.

The question is which one...

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Trader Vic
« Reply #1012 on: October 06, 2018, 01:08:36 PM »

I appreciate your passion for "deals" BoD. 

Having said that, how would "dealing" Hezonja and/or Hardaway help our team?

More to the point, how would "dumping" Mario or Timmy enhance our standing among free agents?  There are more implications to deals than just talent. 

Who, among second or third tier free agents are going to be enthused about coming here, perhaps accepting one year deals or less money, because they are excited about the possibility of proving themselves and creating a home in NYC at the Garden. 

To then simply turn around and go, "Oooops, my bad," is not going to build trust or a family climate. 

Yes, yes, hard knocks and hard truths.  Got it. 

"Maybe it will help us tank?"

Well, now, that doesn't seem to be the goal, does it?

We could very well be a lottery team come next spring. 

Management and the coaching staff have not committed to tanking, they have committed to building a better, sustainable culture. 

Fizdale genuinely impresses me, because he seems to be able to reach & teach young players.  Again, baby steps, naught but baby steps, and in pre-season no less, but we've already seen his young charges getting after it defensively, and demonstrating better pacing and energy. 

What he did with Mudiay, responding to poor games by starting him, really struck me as foundational and supportive in a very...human response.  Mudiay's shooting continues to astonish in its ineptitude, but Emmanuel really set a very good tone in transition, made some excellent penetrations and reads in the open court and in the paint, and had a good defensive focus.  Perhaps the confidence Mudiay displayed will translate to his own offense.  Perhaps not.  Fizz got good minutes out of him. 

And we also saw progress from Hezonja and Hardaway and Vonleh in tangible ways.  Again, baby steps, but Mario seemed more under control, though I am still baffled at how few looks he gets (Alonzo Trier, please pick up the Hospitality Phone); Timmy still had too many heat check threes, but I liked his aggression, and how it mirrored Trier in using his athleticism, going to the rack, and getting to the charity stripe; and the sheer physicality and competitive ooomph of Vonleh was a welcome development...a double double in a handful of minutes, some nice aggression and hops around the rack, and a three pointer. 

I am confident that Perry is working the phones looking to find takers for our roster overflow. 

In the meantime, if Trier has to go to Westchester, along with Hicks, that is not the end of the world.  Meanwhile, Baker evincing his inner Mike Riordan, Dotson playing well in limited minutes.   

I sense that Perry is going to be a lot more patient with the likes of Hezonja, Mudiay, Hardaway than some of us on this forum might be. 

Which is all to the good. 

I am liking our chemistry, even as I wait for the other shoe to drop, and for this team to absorb some good old fashioned ass whuppings.  I will be interested to see how they respond post-loss, and how they respond when Fizz shortens up rotations and begins to settle in lineups and match ups. 

The time for deal-deals-deals is more distant than you would seem to project, and in terms of chemistry, some of what you propose, calculated and well-thought out as you always are, amounts to little more than a reshuffling not a reboot.  Harkless instead of Hezonja?  Giving up on Hardaway in the name of cap space; adding a Wes Matthews when we already have Dotson and Trier (AND COURTNEY LEE)? 

Oh, and yet another proposal for dumping Lance Thomas, who clearly is a significant contributor and a defensive force, and one of Fizz's faves?   A trendsetter in terms of our team culture, our defensive culture.  So we can replace him with Moe Harkless? 

Persuasive?  Perhaps.

Compelling? 

PASS. 

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: October 06, 2018, 01:11:19 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/notable-trade-exceptions-available-this-offseason/ar-AAyHFFO

Blazers, Bulls, and Raptors all have big enough exceptions to absorb Courtney Lee.

The Clips, Pistons, and Cavs all have between five and seven mil available.

This might be the best route to off load our extra guard.

The question is which one...

All kind of crowded in the back court, alas. 

Be very interesting to see how Scott Perry finesses our roster over the next few weeks, if at all. 

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: October 06, 2018, 03:58:15 PM »

Courtney Lee for Jerryd Bayless.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: October 06, 2018, 03:58:43 PM »

Breen in midseason (homer) form
"Knicks ERUPT for 33 points in the second quarter"

After having trouble scoring in the 1Q (11 points through the first 10 mins), they did erupt.  Plus when you're with Clyde you tend to slip in creative words.

Actually what I like is that the Knick broadcasters aren't big homers like most others.  They mention Knick flaws and praise the other teams good plays/players.

I watch a lot of League Pass. Breen & Clyde are hands down the best in the business.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: October 06, 2018, 07:14:07 PM »

I am amazed that clyde has not made the national jump, he is entertainingly good. Perry has given the franchise a recognition of talent it has not had in the recent past.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: October 06, 2018, 07:29:58 PM »

Sometimes its not about the numbers. THJ does not seem like a natural fit on this team. And I say this after a decent game from him.

Get rid of him at your peril

Guy scores points

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: October 06, 2018, 07:31:14 PM »

I am amazed that clyde has not made the national jump, he is entertainingly good. Perry has given the franchise a recognition of talent it has not had in the recent past.

Clyde working with the guards this year, at Fiz's behest.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: October 06, 2018, 08:48:47 PM »

Finally.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 1844