Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899402 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #1125 on: October 13, 2018, 04:58:59 PM »

knicks played the Noah situation in pure knick fashion.

disastrously.

other players see how an organization operates .

NY?

only one word dysfunctional come to mind  for a very long time.

exactly when did Dolan acquire the team? since then.

How do you figure? 

Dysfunctional? 

Keep him on the team until next year to satiate your idealized cap room designs? 

When he would be a disruptive force?  On a young evolving team.

So because the Knicks had few options other than taking their lumps and moving forward, it elicits a piss take and some overt whining?  And negates everything else the team has done moving forward Post-PHOOL. 

Noah was Phool's most appalling legacy.  Phul left a turd in the punch bowl. 

An while I was open to the notion of him being a part of the team, mentor in this transitional year, clearly Fizz floated the idea, but Noah did not bite.  Even as the Knicks paid him every penny and did not butt ream him for conduct unbecoming. 

Back to the drawing board, Nages.  Your slip is showing and you're stuck in rewind mode.

We now pause so my brother can offer up some strained sarcasm and say something snarky to justify this epic over reaction.  Have at me.

One word for your take comes to mind. 

CLICHE. 

PS: Let's see how many teams jump at the opportunity to sign Noah up. 
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 05:04:15 PM by chipstern »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: October 13, 2018, 05:43:16 PM »

The dude Noah just wants to play

And we know he has more heart than 90% of the league's players

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: October 13, 2018, 06:37:25 PM »

Wants to get paid, too, apparently. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Mudiay & Knox And The Pitfalls Of Soft-Tanking
« Reply #1129 on: October 13, 2018, 06:54:20 PM »

Have been impressed with Mudiay's defense, court vision and composure in end game situations. 

Runs the team well, sees openings developing or about to develop, hits the open man (often in full stride and with a court length pass), gets the team into a good rhythm. 

Obviously his offensive shortcomings are holding him back, but his aptitude for the PG position keeps him in any discussion. 

Emmanuel will get his minutes, one way or another. 

Just watching a DVR of last night's game, while plenty to be dismayed about, any number of encouraging signs, such as Ntilikina's sense of purpose and command, Hezonja staying aggressive and starting to build some confidence and get in some sort of rhythm, the possibility of Kornet's treys and of interior D, Vonleh's aggression (a double edged sword), Robinson's talent, Dotson being opportunistic in limited minutes, and Timmy focusing more on attacking the rim rather than simply launching ICBMs. 

Defense?  Too many breakdowns and lack of cohesion and communication.  The heart is willing but the flesh is weak.  Nyets fed them their face, and they seemed baffled as to how to close out on the open three.  Coach & His Staff won't let them phone it in, and will live with the breakdowns (more or less) we saw last night, in lieu of effort and commitment.  But while there were flashes of good D, too many breakdowns and brain farts, and a tad lackadaisical at points.  WILL NOT DO. 

Knox?  Welcome to the NBA, rook.  Fizz force feeding him, which makes sense in a season of soft-tanking (I.E; developmental).  He has to stay aggressive, which seems to be Coach's M.O.  Not that Fizz is soft pedaling his shortcomings.  Asked about the reality of earned minutes, Fizz allowed as how Kevin is an exception, which acknowledging in no uncertain terms that his play in the last two games: "He STUNK."

Not so much that Knox has been anointed, as he has been given the green light to play through his inexperience and mistakes in this transitional season.  Have to figure as Fizz arrives at some more steady rotations, that Knox will learn to pick his spots better, and teammates will put him in a more positive position to succeed.

Back to Mudiay. 

Coach has indicated he wants to kind of top out floor minutes at around 28 on average. 

Again, the standard wisdom is shorter manageable rotations. 

I get it. 

But Fizz clearly wants to keep everyone on their toes and involved and pulling for each other. 

Ergo, spotting Frank minutes at 1-through-4 in the small ball epoch, to open up more minutes for both Burke and Mudiay. 

Building confidence in the likes of Hezonja and Vonleh and Kornet. 

I would expect, as per those 28 minutes, to see Kanter and Hardaway get more burn, more usage, and upon occasion, Knox, to force feed him and fast track the growth process, in which nothing succeeds quite like success, save perhaps for the lack of success, and how you bounce back. 

Am quite keen to see Lee come back, vis a vis all of the small ball, multi-PG sets Fizz seems to favor. 

Anyway, such is life on Planet Knickerbocker in the Soft Tanking Epoch.  And check out how out of their minds the Garden faithful were when we made that late Mudiay-Assisted Run.  Always a cheer for honest effort and tenacity. 
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 07:30:19 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: October 13, 2018, 09:21:49 PM »

After the cut downs, it seems to look like this

Kanter Robinson Kornet
Thomas Vonleh KP
Knox Hezonja Lee
Hardaway Dotson Baker
Frank Mudiay Burke

Hicks Trier
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: October 14, 2018, 03:14:26 AM »

Nothing wrong with that.

Alternative reality:
Noah goes, Sorry Mr. Dolan. Phool gave me too much of your money, so I’m gonna take only one third of it. Chip convinced me that’s the cool thing to do.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: October 14, 2018, 05:25:31 AM »

For what we expect of Burke and for what we’re paying him, Trier could easily replace Burke if Miller’s man school in Westchester gets Trier tuned up the way it has past guards.

I think Frank won the PG contest early going away and Fizz is just keeping his cards close by playing Frank at PG and Wing in practice while only playing him at wing in preseason.

Mitchell Vonleh Thomas Dotson Ntilikina is our killer defensive unit if Frank can really run point. Replace Mitchell or Vonleh with KP and you have a unit that should prove fairly problematic for the league.

Kanter, Thomas, Knox or Mario with that backcourt would be fairly formidable. Hardaway can give you more pop though less grit than Dotson.

Will Atlanta have (and be able to keep) their shit together Wednesday night?

Will we?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: October 14, 2018, 10:02:20 AM »

Alternative reality:
Noah goes, Sorry Mr. Dolan. Phool gave me too much of your money, so I’m gonna take only one third of it. Chip convinced me that’s the cool thing to do.

Robin Lundberg

@robinlundberg

Joakim Noah brought hustle to the Bulls and a totally different kind of hustle to the Knicks.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 10:06:51 AM by chipstern »

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: October 14, 2018, 12:20:18 PM »

Nothing wrong with that

Alternative reality:

Robin Lundberg

@robinlundberg

Joakim Noah brought hustle to the Bulls and a totally different kind of hustle to the Knicks.

Jeff made me do it.
Love,
Joakim
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 12:23:00 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: October 14, 2018, 01:10:47 PM »

unlike every other player in the league.

we gain nothing in cap space by cutting him now instead of later .  worse players than him have been moved. I  finally agree with baby trump.  Noah has heart.  he would not have bitched about any role. Mentor, back-up if EK goes down or just wearing a suit and teaching robinson what it takes to be an NBA player. saying anything less is a sad thing to do.  he deserves better.

fight amongst yourselves.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: October 14, 2018, 02:56:00 PM »

unlike every other player in the league.

we gain nothing in cap space by cutting him now instead of later .  worse players than him have been moved. I  finally agree with baby trump.  Noah has heart.  he would not have bitched about any role. Mentor, back-up if EK goes down or just wearing a suit and teaching robinson what it takes to be an NBA player. saying anything less is a sad thing to do.  he deserves better.

fight amongst yourselves.

Uh, he DID BITCH ABOUT HIS ROLE, did he not? 

Or was his dustup with Hornacek a mirage? 

Happy to take the money.

Not happy to take the role. 

Why would the Knicks have signed Vonleh if Noah was amenable to being a role player? 

Riddle me that? 

I was all for Noah hanging out another year.  Thought it would be good for Robinson. 

Your assumption is that the KNICKS closed all doors...of course, right.  Because they are morons, unable to ascertain how much more money they would've saved in the summer of 2019.  If only Nagel had been hired as the cap management expert. 

Because, of course, NO WAY that Noah talked with Fizdale and indicated he was not prepared to ACCEPT A ROLE. 

Hey, the Lakers cut ties with Luol Deng, who like Noah, had two years left on his contract for similar money.  Could they have squeezed him for more?  No doubt.  A better stretch next summer?  Sure.  But they also concluded it was best to cut bait, and eat the money, cap wise, rather than have an unhappy camper moping around, who had even less of a roll to play with LA than Noah projected to have on the Knicks.   Were they morons? 

Now on the other hand, Courtney Lee had a conversation with Phizz, and WAS WILLING TO ACCEPT A ROLE.  Obviously he will be shopped should a good opportunity for the Knicks, and Lee, present itself. At this juncture, a moot point. 

Chemistry

VS

Cap Space

?

The Knicks concluded it was best to eat the money and commit to Kornet and Robinson, and showcase Kanter, rather than squeeze money from a stone and extend on what was a bad match all around. 

We move on.

Well, some of us move on

I am rather looking forward to the coming season, conscious as I am that the potential for ugliness goes hand in hand with the promise of growth. 

This is what an actual rebuild looks like.  I wish the earthly remains Of Noah well, and hope he finds a soft landing spot in which to end his career with some class and dignity.  Phool was enraptured by his past body of work.  Alas.  Not unlike Rose.  In any event, bad matches, Band Aides on the Titanic. 
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 09:28:49 PM by chipstern »

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: October 14, 2018, 11:49:44 PM »

Derrick Rose shot 47/87 for NYK and averaged a cool 18 a night.  Not sure what you mean re:  Rose and Jackson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: October 15, 2018, 01:05:37 AM »

Rose was historically bad defensively for us. I also notice you don’t cite his 3pt shooting stats. Why might that be?

Unlike Noah, who was slightly less effective on the floor, at least he came relatively cheap.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: October 15, 2018, 02:20:29 AM »

Derrick Rose shot 47/87 for NYK and averaged a cool 18 a night.  Not sure what you mean re:  Rose and Jackson

WHAT I Mean?

They

LOST

And ask anyone here, if I wasn't a fervent Rose Booster.  He was an exciting player, on an ending contract, who got his audition, and was a very dynamic scorer, but as far as being a POINT GUARD, he did not successfully involve his team mates, and so...choose your poison--Either IsoMelo or HeroBallRose, charging to the glass. 

As Facil points out, pretty weak defensively.  Still, before he, inevitably, got hurt, Rose gave us some high spirits, but clearly on the back end of his career, and not the PG of our dreams, or our future. 
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 1844