Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899635 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks Picks
« Reply #1200 on: October 17, 2018, 09:02:04 AM »

Los 22
Biz 23
Bank 24
Nagel 25
J Straw 31
Chip 33
Kam 33
Fac 34
[/quote

I'm projecting 23

Max Knick wins during the Porzingis era = 32.
This year = Porzingis era without Porzingis.
For the most part, we have been jettisoning talent in exchange for projects and picks and seem likely (Lee) to continue down that path. (No problems with it.)
Our most productive player is likely gone next year and plays a position the league seems hell-bent to make obsolete.
None of our rookies project to add meaningfully to this year's win total.
21 seems intellectually honest.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #1201 on: October 17, 2018, 09:19:46 AM »

Curry starts the year 55/56/100

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: October 17, 2018, 09:20:36 AM »

Porzingis will return by MLK Day

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: October 17, 2018, 09:53:11 AM »

Maybe. Maybe. But if he wasn't inclined to be cautious already, the lack of the extension may trigger extra caution. He and his bro don't fool around with his career.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: October 17, 2018, 10:11:29 AM »

Reminder to all

League Pass is FREE this week.

Wanna see TWolves

Heh - wouldnt surprise me if they beat Spurs and run out 5-1 or so.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: October 17, 2018, 10:15:24 AM »

Los 22
Biz 23
Bank 24
Nagel 25
J Straw 31
Chip 33
Kam 33
Fac 34
[/quote

I'm projecting 23

Max Knick wins during the Porzingis era = 32.
This year = Porzingis era without Porzingis.
For the most part, we have been jettisoning talent in exchange for projects and picks and seem likely (Lee) to continue down that path. (No problems with it.)
Our most productive player is likely gone next year and plays a position the league seems hell-bent to make obsolete.
None of our rookies project to add meaningfully to this year's win total.
21 seems intellectually honest.

Les, I like you, but don’t appreciate your going one lower than me.

Biz, can I change my bet to 20? Or one below Les if he tries to undercut me again.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: October 17, 2018, 10:27:27 AM »

Looking at the play of Tatum vs. Fultz, it’s very clear why Philly had to sack its entire management.

The Celtics buried the Sixers with that trade. It’s worse than what Ainge did to the Nyets. At least the old dudes Brooklyn got were somewhat productive for a while.

Weird trade.  Philly had Ben Simmons who is LeBron-like in that he is tall and dominates the ball. You want him dominating the ball because he is so good.  So you had your ball-handler.  So you trade up to draft a smaller ball-handler who is not as good??

And if that wasn't enough they make the same mistake again the next draft trading for another backcourt guy in Zhaire Smith.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: October 17, 2018, 10:30:42 AM »

Looking at the play of Tatum vs. Fultz, it’s very clear why Philly had to sack its entire management.

The Celtics buried the Sixers with that trade. It’s worse than what Ainge did to the Nyets. At least the old dudes Brooklyn got were somewhat productive for a while.

Weird trade.  Philly had Ben Simmons who is LeBron-like in that he is tall and dominates the ball. You want him dominating the ball because he is so good.  So you had your ball-handler.  So you trade up to draft a smaller ball-handler who is not as good??

And if that wasn't enough they make the same mistake again the next draft trading for another backcourt guy in Zhaire Smith.

Yeah, guards rule, seems.......

Fultz is 20 years, 5 months old - and will be with Philly another 6-7 years at least

No rush.

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: October 17, 2018, 10:30:53 AM »

Les, I like you, but don’t appreciate your going one lower than me.

Biz, can I change my bet to 20? Or one below Les if he tries to undercut me again.

:) You know it's actually damn hard to lose 21 games in this league. I think your 22 is a pretty good bet.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: October 17, 2018, 10:35:19 AM »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: October 17, 2018, 10:54:16 AM »

Fultz is 20 years, 5 months old - and will be with Philly another 6-7 years at least

No rush.

At which time, kid will formally announce his winner of the Tatum + lottery pick for Fultz trade, which shall be known as the Lonzo Ball Award.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: October 17, 2018, 11:05:04 AM »

No rush.

So in 6-7 years they will play with two basketballs? 

No.

So it almost doesn't matter how much Fultz improves OVER what Tatum is doing.  If he ever does.

It would still create a problem with who the offense runs through.

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: October 17, 2018, 11:25:48 AM »

Yep.  Like with Earl and Clyde

heh

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: October 17, 2018, 11:33:53 AM »

No rush.

At which time, kid will formally announce his winner of the Tatum + lottery pick for Fultz trade, which shall be known as the Lonzo Ball Award.

Celts already didnt get what they really wanted in the deal - Doncic.

As this season rolls along and the Kings wins pile up, the deal looks more and more like just Tatum and a lottery prayer for Ball.

Ainge seemingly did well with choosing Tatum over Jackson, I give him that.

And withiout Ball for years, youc an tell me how good Celts MIGHT have been.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: October 17, 2018, 12:44:03 PM »

No rush.

Celts already didnt get what they really wanted in the deal - Doncic.

As this season rolls along and the Kings wins pile up, the deal looks more and more like just Tatum and a lottery prayer for Ball.

Ainge seemingly did well with choosing Tatum over Jackson, I give him that.

And withiout Ball for years, youc an tell me how good Celts MIGHT have been.

How many ways do you insist on compounding your inability to admit a mistake about Tatum v Fultz and Balll?

My concern over the Kings is that they end-up sucking grandly, end up with the # 1 pick, which then would stay with Philly, and the Celts get a 20-something pick instead of a 2-3-4-5, whatever.

The Kings winning too many games this year is not remotely a concern of mine.

In either case Tatum + a #1 is a steal for Fultz, and is one more reminder to NBA GMs to think twice abouta deal Ainge wants to do.

and the Celts never had a shot at Doncic. The only high lottery pick they had in the '18 draft was the Nets #1 (which was was the 8th pick ) which went to Cleveland for KI.

And Ball might turn into a very good NBA player, but he, and the rest of the Ball family, were not in the Celtics plan last year.

They got the guy they wanted.

Plus a nice draft pick too.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 1844