Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899919 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks Picks
« Reply #1275 on: October 19, 2018, 04:39:31 PM »

Just back from vacation.

Los 20
Les 21
Biz 23
Ade 23
Bank 24
Nagel 25
Zup 30
Yank 30
Ike 31
J Straw 31
Early 32
Chip 33
Kam 33
Fac 34
Klint 36

We started a list earlier.
I was the first with some real low number and Carlos immediately undercut me.  I forget what exactly I chose (21?), but I'll go with the rather popular 23.  We won't win much, KZ might sit out longer than expected, but there are a lot of equally bad or worse teams out there (including ATL), and these Knix at least have energy and youth. 

Trier is interesting and confident.
How did Vonleh look?His box impresses in short minutes.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Defense
« Reply #1276 on: October 19, 2018, 06:47:51 PM »

Defense is half the game.

Ideally KP/Vonleh/Robinson are the last line of defense in the paint.

But you need a front line too. Especially in the age of the three pt shot.

We got a guy in Frank who could be our 3 and D guy.

Sprinkle in one or two other "defensive specialiasts" and you have the recipe for a respectable NY Knicks team.

Our WHAT and D guy?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #1277 on: October 19, 2018, 08:30:55 PM »

First 2 rebounds of the year for Knox

Now we look for that first assist.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: October 19, 2018, 10:24:36 PM »

Entertaining game between evenly matched teams. Yes is the worst for homerism. KK did some nice things. Mostly though the Tim and Enes show. It looks like a good rebuild year.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Defense
« Reply #1279 on: October 19, 2018, 10:29:39 PM »

Defense is half the game.

Ideally KP/Vonleh/Robinson are the last line of defense in the paint.

But you need a front line too. Especially in the age of the three pt shot.

We got a guy in Frank who could be our 3 and D guy.

Sprinkle in one or two other "defensive specialiasts" and you have the recipe for a respectable NY Knicks team.

Our WHAT and D guy?

If he had backcourt mates who bothered to have a clue about how to set him up it would really be a big help in that department. His stroke is fine as are his decisions to launch. 11 & 5.5 & 1.5 steals is a good start and platform to grow for young Frank. He is the best guard on this team. I also think he adequately replaces Jared Jack of last year as the adult in the room.

Chuckaway chucked one away. Helps keep things to my possibly low number.

I also fail to see anything Baker really brings to the table that Dotson does not also bring to the table while lots of things Dotson brings that Baker can’t jump right out at me.

Good thing Hardaway is stepping in. I wasn’t sure we were going to have our Melo this year. Burke aids and abets this which is my only knock on Trey.

Knox had a growth game with its goods and its bads.

Ekant gave a great game.

It seems Fizz is still learning, still a very entertaining game. An even tougher one is coming.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: October 19, 2018, 10:31:58 PM »

Impressed with the low turnovers, but that can't surmount a defense inconsistent, THJ's low efficiency and the rest of the guards low productivity.
Knox won't start so fast, so folks can relax, unless Fizdale is crazier than I thought.

P.S. do we really have to type a verification (I can barely read) for every post now? (or if someone posts at the same time as me!) OMG....Death of the forum looms if so...

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: October 19, 2018, 11:49:45 PM »

Holy shit. Utah with 81 first half points against the Warriors.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: October 20, 2018, 02:08:31 AM »

P.S. do we really have to type a verification (I can barely read) for every post now? (or if someone posts at the same time as me!) OMG....Death of the forum looms if so...

It seems it goes away after awhile ... at least it happened to me, after I was about to swear off the place forever.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: October 20, 2018, 03:44:22 AM »

Probably if you delete the cookie(s) associated with the Elba site it'll stop.  Alternatively, you could log in using a different browser, if you have more than one installed.

So:

- bring it to Jerebko!

- Butler averaging 28 / 7 / 3 & 4 steals after two games.
Guy plays hard and a Top 5 2-way player.
His experiments in leadership are certainly dubious.
And I'd worry about how his alpha-dickhead approach would affect KZ.
But the guy has talent and plays hard.

Didn't see the game, but:
- looks like Knox had a good game
- BKY has limited talent.
- I am a LaVert fan.  If he can just reign in his wild side a little, he can be really good.  Great finisher.
- 14 assists won't cut it
- Tim with 25 FG's and 0 assists
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 09:42:06 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: October 20, 2018, 04:42:51 AM »

- 14 assists won't cut it
Tim with 25 FG's and 0 assists

And there’s the rub...
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: October 20, 2018, 09:30:07 AM »

The Ringer and Zach Lowe himself have predicted Kevin Durant to the Knicks next summer.

If the Knicks add RJ, Reddish, Zion, or Little, I could see it happening. Would need to move either Courtly or THJr to make space, mind you.

That would, uh, be pretty good.
\

Yeah..... for some reason I recall bigger numbers being tossed around but latest I hear is that Knicks post Noah deal will have about 31 mil to spend.

Not only does it depend on which players we keep (Kanter, Burke, Mudiay, Lance) or trade (Courtly, THJr), but also where we draft. Big difference in salary earmarked for a 1st pick versus a 10th pick. You just have to guess a little this far out.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: October 20, 2018, 10:40:33 AM »

81-1?

Raptors shattered my dreams and took it to the Celts last night particularly in the 2nd half, this was mostly a 3-point game, until late 4Q Raptor 10-0 run.

Game over.

No huge surprise, Raptors were good last year, and they might have gotten better with Kawhi, he's elite and rested. 

Brad is still figuring out rotations/minutes. Last night no good answer for KL or Ibaka.

The takeaways

Celts got lazy on D in the 2nd half Brad can't be happy but its October its fixable

Leonard killed them in the 2nd half-not fixable, he's really good, which is a good thing.

Gordo looked a lot better in this game than the opener, and I assume he'll get better

Its the 2nd game of the season way too soon to panic-3rd game is far more telling

Biggest disapointment last night was I didn't win Mega-Millions

Damn

Going hard on Power Ball tonight.

Hope the Celts do too and play a little more aggresively.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: October 20, 2018, 12:35:32 PM »

Caught 9 mins of youtube highlights.

Was surprised how much Knix posted Kanter.
But Allen wasn't stopping him.
Still plenty of Nyet highlights where Kanter was chumped on D.

When you have Hardaway guarding the final play, you're very likely to lose.  Fizz postgame said Hardaway slid his feet well, but looked like Tim Jr. was first worried about a 3, then changed his stance allowing LaVert to go right.

At least Timaway says the right things:
Tim Hardaway Jr. on defending Caris LeVert on LeVert's game-winning drive and finish with one second remaining in Brooklyn's win over New York: "Got to know that he's going right. Got to know that. It falls on me. Just being around him all this time I should know that," Hardaway Jr. said of LeVert, his old Michigan teammate. "But you've got to move on. Next time it won't happen." Hardaway Jr. finished with 29 points on 10-for-25 shooting. He made big shots late in the game but said, "I think I shot the ball way too much tonight. That falls on me. I've got to get my teammates involved."

I don't believe that next time it won't happen, or it won't only because the Knix will hide Tim on weaker player, or not have him out there.

Tim's falling away 18' with 1:34 looked like a poor shot but went in.
Lotta ops for Tim to hone his game with KZ out.

Knox sounds real poised and mature for a teenager.
I can see why the Knix went with him.  The NBA body doesn't hurt either. Can't wait for him to get more physical.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 12:43:01 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: October 20, 2018, 01:43:07 PM »

Yeah, I agree

Good coaching (posting Kanter, as Fiz had mentioned he oft times would - and why not?)

Poor coaching (the late matchup of THJ on LaVert out of a time out - I guess allowing his maligned SF to "show" he could handle a dynamic offensive player at a key game point).

Back to GOOD coaching - Atkinson recognizing the matchups - last year that ball is with Dinwiddie

Good to see Kanter at least on the fucking court in the 4th (off-def substitutions aside)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: October 20, 2018, 01:52:22 PM »

- Butler averaging 28 / 7 / 3 & 4 steals after two games.
Guy plays hard and a Top 5 2-way player.
His experiments in leadership are certainly dubious.
And I'd worry about how his alpha-dickhead approach would affect KZ.
But the guy has talent and plays hard.

Could be wrong, but I think his alpha-dickhead approach might be a nice complement to KZ.
Would still trade for him at a reasonable price. Not that it matters. Reasonable prices are being rejected.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 1844