Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899191 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #1335 on: October 21, 2018, 01:41:37 PM »

I don't blame Ingram for being annoyed with Harden.
Hardon on a fast break drive just sticks out the ball and elbows a backpedaling Ingram in the face.  I'd call an offensive foul on that as it looked intentional.  But rather a punk move for Ingram to return to the scrum (form 25 feet away) and throw punches at CP3 while everyone is trying to break up his fight with Rondo.

Initially it was Lance who pulled Ingram away from the brouhaha.
I'm not an Ingram fan, but LeBJ should be in his ear and on him, and try to focus him.  He's got talent if he can play smart(er).  Who better to learn from?

Looking forward to Lonzo running the show.

Was actually CARMELO who was walking Ingram - actually aggressively stalking him - away from the pack initially.  CA could have acted more grandfatherly to the young pup, calm him down - instead of chasing and whoofing at the kid

Ingram at fault, immature.
Carmelo didnt help, when he certainly could have (sounds like his whole pro career - heh)
PAUL started the whole fuckin thing
RONDO the badass of the event.  Dont fuck with that cat.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: October 21, 2018, 03:55:48 PM »

New York Knicks rookie Kevin Knox will be sidelined for at least one week due to a left ankle sprain.

An MRI on Sunday confirmed that Knox suffered a sprained ankle in the first quarter of the Knicks' loss to the Boston Celtics on Saturday, the team said.

Knox will not travel with the Knicks on their two-game road trip this week and will be re-evaluated in seven days. So the rookie will miss at least three games because of the injury.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: October 21, 2018, 05:06:57 PM »

Trier and Burke make a nice guard rotation.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Let them go
« Reply #1338 on: October 21, 2018, 05:46:17 PM »

Mario Mudiay Thomas

Blow it out your ass. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
Patients
« Reply #1339 on: October 21, 2018, 06:43:58 PM »

I think Mud is/will be a washout.
And Mario seems iffy.
But this is a development year.
So try a little patience.

We have lots of guys who were castoffs.
Burke looked terrible in Utah, spent a couple years in the wilderness and got it together in G-League.  Now he looks like a credible NBA backup PG, who can start some as needed.

Vonleh looked awful in CHA.  Clueless.  And largely a nonfactor in POR.
But already he's showing strong rebounding chops, good screening ability, and isn't trying to do too much on O.  Looks like a useful role player.  I don't think either are starters on a good team, but unearthing two solid role players from reclamation projects is pretty good.

So, patience.
Maybe Mario can reign in his mistake-prone tendencies and drain shots.  Perhaps he just hasn't figured out the NBA yet.

Maybe Mud can find a role that suits him.  Since we already have 5 SG's and he doesn't project as a PG, I assume another stop is likely needed for him.  Unfortunately, Mud has so much to work on. Also needs to stay healthy and ready.  But no reason to give up on him while he's still a Knick.

Guys develop at different rates and on different timetables.
Sure, some never get it, perhaps don't have the skills or the drive needed.  But I'll root for Mario and Mud while they are here.
Maybe a dozen games in, I'd like to see one or both out there in crunch time.  Who knows what one game winning or late clutch 3 might do for Zonja's confidence. 

And confidence is a big part of hoops.
Fizz said one reason he kept Tim Jr on LaVert was to keep his confidence up and show trust.  (of course, I'm not sure how much getting burned for the game winning basket helps one's confidence)

So patience.
And we already have too many players who need minutes.

As for Lance, he's not an offender.
But can hit a 3 now and then.  Had a big make v. BOS.
And he plays hard.  Just should be a limited minute role player.
Also, seems nobody has beat him out at PF.

Lance & Baker play hard, seem like good teammates, very likely good practice players.  Good soldiers.  Coaches and teammates like that.
I like watching Baker on the court.  Just an effort guy on both ends.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: October 21, 2018, 06:49:57 PM »

"(Mudiay) doesnt project as a PG......."

heh

Funny stuff

Fact is we HAVE NO POINT right now, so he will be a welcome addition.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: October 21, 2018, 07:06:03 PM »

Well, on a team with "no point" right now he's 3rd string PG, competing with Franc to be the backup.

Mud has shown some flashes, but also a real lack of fundamentals.
At least Franc has one NBA level skill to build upon.
And I'm not sure about Muddy's desire (how was he out of shape all last year?).  We'll see.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: October 21, 2018, 07:49:56 PM »

"Mud" hasn't shown a thing.  He has been out, injured.

When he is back, you can say what he has shown.

chipstern

• View Profile
Mudiay
« Reply #1343 on: October 21, 2018, 07:53:20 PM »

Emmanuel is OBVIOUSLY a flawed project, based mainly on his lack of a consistent NBA jumper, and his enigmatic inability to finish at the rack on nicely executed drives. 

However, it is worth noting, that as far as pure point skills were involved, vis a vis, being the rudder, making passes that set up his team mates, all through the pre-season, Mudiay showed his best in fourth quarter runs, anchoring comebacks. 

Also, as BoD points out, we have seen players in Burke and Vonleh who were big time washouts in their previous stops, now showing a higher degree of competitive acumen and skill, wherein they have made palpable contributions, and project as solid, effective role players if not starters. 

Hey, are we going to write guys off after what, five preseason games, three regular season.  That is BULLSHIT.  No one has that prescience, not even our Coach, but then we are talking about a handicapper who, my personal affection notwithstanding, professes to be happy we are 1-2 rather than 3-0, and who never fails to dismiss Enes Kanter to extoll the virtues of a raw project in Robinson and project him as a starter in months to come, so that tells you all you need to know. 

Fizdale has shown an interesting degree of patience and ruthlessness, and while he is not going to give ANYONE a hall pass, even a pet project such as Knox, who responded to a run of crummy games and a benching, by coming back with a solid effort against the Nets, he is working on everyone's confidence, and trying to figure out what buttons to push, when to stroke and when to slap. 

We have seen palpable improvement in the overall games and leadership of both Timmy and Enes.  We have seen players such as Doston step out of oblivion and make a significant contribution.  We have seen Fizz put significant trust in a career role player such as Baker when injuries took Mudiay from the rotation.  We have seen him fishing around trying to push Hezonja's buttons to balance his talent and physical gifts with his confidence and execution. 

And of course, Lance Thomas gets dissed and dismissed by all but his Head Coach. 

We will have a much clearer idea as to who is chicken salad and who is chicken shit, come XMAS. 

Until then, everyone on the roster is a work in progress. 

A little patience, thank you very much, and no premature, presumptive Fatwahs based on such scanty evidence. 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 07:55:19 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: October 21, 2018, 07:55:32 PM »

WORD. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: October 21, 2018, 07:59:19 PM »

https://twitter.com/thekidet/status/1053901457815044096

YEP

Stop the baby shit with Chris Paul

Lucky it was just two games

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
Re: In terms of divorcement from reality
« Reply #1346 on: October 22, 2018, 01:58:34 AM »

Hardaway's team

Porzingis has to mix back in.

That one might actually top "watch Mudiay continue to blossom."  )

Excellent, Les.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: October 22, 2018, 02:03:20 AM »

So they are saying the Rondo-CP3 mini-fight was the first since:

Then-Knicks coach Isiah Thomas was angered by Nuggets coach George Karl, who appeared to keep Anthony in the game late to run up the score.

Thomas made a late sub in Collins, who soon after flagrantly fouled then-Nuggets guard JR Smith with 1:15 remaining and the Knicks down 119-100. During the ensuing altercation after Collins' foul that included several players on both teams, Anthony punched Collins in the face and was ejected.

Anthony, the league's leading scorer at the time, received a 15-game suspension from the NBA three days later. The Knicks and Nuggets organizations were both fined $500,000. Smith and Knicks guard Nate Robinson were suspended 10 games, Collins was suspended six, Knicks forward Jared Jeffries was suspended four games, and Knicks center Jerome James and Nuggets center Nene were suspended one game for leaving the bench.

Hard to believe it was 12 years back, or that no one has thrown (connected?) on a punch since then.
They also fail to note that Melo threw his punch and immediately retreated in a pretty punk/cowardly display.

I was at that game. Melo was killing us.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: October 22, 2018, 02:12:56 AM »

We’ve got five playable guards at the moment in Trey, Trier, Frank, Dotson, and Timmy. Fizz apparently likes to use 6 in his rotation, so Mudiay and Lee will get a chance to compete to be one of six with poor Ron who is struggling to hold down that spot, assuming one or more of them isn’t traded.

It would be nice if somehow Mario got on track. It’s going to take a while to train him up to where he can comfortably read and execute in most situations. From what I’ve seen, it would be well worth getting him there.

We need to be even more urgent advancing the ball and more willing to swing it in half court possessions, especially when the opposing unit is already starting to fatigue.

Also, fuck fashion. Knicks. Need to start fining players who show up to games without high and low ankle support.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: October 22, 2018, 05:38:53 AM »

Uh, Mud was with us end of last year.  Also played pre-season.  During that time he has shown brief flashes.  Obviously not during the 3-game regular season in which he hasn't played.  Somehow I didn't think it was necessary to specify that.

Last year Alex Len led the league in Needing a Change of Scenery.
Just put up 16 / 11 / 4 & 4 blocks.  Big mofo, still just age 25, and earning a paltry $4.5M.  He needs to become consistent.  But I said at the time of his signing he's quite a bargain now.  He's on terrible ATL, which gives him a chance to start again.

Last year's NCoS runner-up Myers Leonard really needs out of POR but is making $10M a year.  No doubt POR is looking for a home for him, and he could do well/okay under a different system.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 1844