Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 912482 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #1470 on: October 26, 2018, 09:35:42 PM »

not credible.

Durant took over.
NYK could've stolen a W without KD going off.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: October 26, 2018, 10:00:54 PM »

Didn’t realize NBATV was going to carry the game.

We were looking good, but left Kanter in WAY too long. Fizz left Burke in a bit too long as well despite his hot hand.

Tim is ok if he can keep his ego in check.

This should be our starting lineup till KP gets back.

The next job is to find out what bench guys can actually handle their responsibilities and figure out how to close games.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: October 26, 2018, 10:44:30 PM »

Nice starting lineup. Fun to watch the first three quarters.
Coach killed it by leaving that start of the fourth crew in way too long.
But he's learning. And the Warriors would have woken up anyway.
I don't think there's any question left about what we should be doing at point guard. Basically what Kam said about a year ago.
Hardaway? Same as he ever was. Would ditch the contract if I could, but not gonna cry about it.
Very skilled kid. Muffins between the ears.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: October 26, 2018, 11:10:27 PM »

Fell asleep after quarter 3, what happened. Good defense and timely shooting to than. Entertaining team with some good pieces for next year. Franky became an offensive threat!
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: October 26, 2018, 11:18:38 PM »

What happened? Lol, Fiz left Burke, Trier, Kanter, & Hezonja, then Tim to try and hold off the Warriors 4th quarter charge**

**...what was I saying about coaches? Not a hundred percent sold yet here.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Shuffling The Deck Chairs On The Titanic?
« Reply #1475 on: October 26, 2018, 11:58:20 PM »

This should be Phun to watch...

Ian Begley @IanBegley
Frank Ntilikina, Tim Hardaway Jr., Damyean Dotson, Noah Vonleh and Mitchell Robinson will start against GSW, David Fizdale says.

Well now.  A bold gesture. 

IMAGINATIVE. 

I told y'all Enes aint starting all year and y'all scoffed.

Imaginative that!
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: October 27, 2018, 01:53:28 AM »

Ian Begley @IanBegley
Frank Ntilikina, Tim Hardaway Jr., Damyean Dotson, Noah Vonleh and Mitchell Robinson will start against GSW, David Fizdale says.

IMAGINATIVE. 

Imaginative that!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: October 27, 2018, 04:26:33 AM »

Fizz seems both a little more perceptive and sure of himself than our last several coaches.

Hopefully getting Lee and Knox back at some point will give us enough competitors to field a rotation with fewer major holes.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: October 27, 2018, 06:17:47 AM »

What happened was Durant totally went off, outscoring the Knix 25-16 in the 4Q.  He started hitting everything so even tried some 30'+ shots, because hey Curry's allowed to.

It was tricky deciding when to sit Burke and bring Franc back in.  Both played well.  I was thinking maybe pair them for a couple minutes before shuffling Burke out. 

I wouldn't mind a lot of turnovers form a group not accustomed to courttime together.  But Knix were just tossing the ball away carelessly.   Surprisingly, GSW was too the first half which kept things close.

Vonleh and Robinson competed (even if a little overmatched v. GS)
Who coined "Subpar Mario"? (was that Kam's?) Good going -- it's entered my head.  But I want to root for him, so I'm holding back on using it (for now).  The guy really needs to lock in.

Otherwise, it looks like the same old Tim Jr ... just with more minutes and touches.  He's might bomb in some big 3's, make a few drives, maybe add in a nice cut, and then counter all that with some real bad 3's (was it just one airball this game?), chumpy defense (KD treated him like an orange cone a few times), a few unnecessary fouls and turnovers.  He's the definition of streaky.  Never can tell when he'll unleash a few terrific plays or have a boneheaded sequence.

Making just 31% of his 3's so far.
Going to be a long season if Tim doesn't make some adjustments.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: October 27, 2018, 07:34:37 AM »

L O fucking L

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: October 27, 2018, 10:34:14 AM »

It was tricky deciding when to sit Burke and bring Franc back in.  Both played well.  I was thinking maybe pair them for a couple minutes before shuffling Burke out. 

To me, that wasn't so tricky — especially considering the woeful defensive abilities of the other players on the floor. In his first PG start (it really took this long?) Frank had 17 points in 20 minutes, and was, as always, doing his thing at the other end against the finest offensive squad in the land. Then coach sat him for a full quarter's worth of game time.

From a win-the-game standpoint, bewildering, but that's not so important —yet. Fiz is juggling his priorities and doesn't seem a stupid fellow.

Anyway, this is certainly turning into Kam's dream season. 7% in, and we are currently looking at the #3 pick in the draft with lots of Mitchell Robinson floor-time on tap.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 10:41:01 AM by lesterdog »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: October 27, 2018, 11:08:18 AM »

L O fucking L

About as good an analysis as Chip writing WRONG vertically in a different color.  Seems you guys got nothing (but faith).

Was just looking at early season +/- and only 6 players in the league below Kanter & Tim's -47.  That's the counter to citing PER.  One of those metrics incorporates Defense. 
Franc is barely above them at -45.
Hezonja next worst Knick with -27
https://www.foxsports.com/nba/stats?season=2018&category=MISC&group=1&sort=12&time=0&pos=0&team=0&qual=1&sortOrder=0&opp=0&page=10
And while it's early days/small sample this year, last season Kanter had the worst Knick +/- many a game. 

Maybe we should run a poll.

Who thinks Tim Hardaway Jr has:
Improved
Stayed the Same
Regressed
become an incredible talent
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 11:22:03 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: October 27, 2018, 11:18:20 AM »

Melo at -37.
Switching is especially problematic for forward Carmelo Anthony, as opponents often target the 16-year veteran, trying to get him matched up against their best creators. According to NBA.com's statistics, the Rockets have allowed 116.1 points per 100 possessions with Anthony on the floor, compared to 105.3 points per 100 possessions when he sits.

Now Dantmanbee needs to correct the Rockettes D without Bzdelik and with Melo.  Good luck.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: October 27, 2018, 11:50:39 AM »

Ian Begley @IanBegley

IMAGINATIVE. 

Imaginative that!

heh

First guy to know Fiz is batshit crazy

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: October 27, 2018, 11:56:55 AM »

Making just 31% of his 3's so far.
Going to be a long season if Tim doesn't make some adjustments.

THIRTY-SEVEN
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 1848