Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 908166 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Ekant be all bad
« Reply #1785 on: November 06, 2018, 10:17:36 PM »

I'm just saying you're going to have your heart broke when we let him go.

Celebrate him. A two-season Knick at most.  Why would he come back here after we let him go?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Ekant be all bad
« Reply #1786 on: November 07, 2018, 04:10:47 AM »

Celebrate him. A two-season Knick at most.  Why would he come back here after we let him go?

Also, no matter what stats he puts up there is simply no way to get any value for him. We might as well enjoy him while he’s here.

Bridges has nice shooting percentages, but he’s not exactly lighting the world on fire. He’s also got Kemba, Nic, and Tony setting him up which doesn’t hurt. Knox has played through 3 games not counting the one he got hurt in or his time against the Bulls. Let them both get a few more games in at least before making comparisons.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: November 07, 2018, 08:27:22 AM »

Also, no matter what stats he puts up there is simply no way to get any value for him. We might as well enjoy him while he’s here.

Bridges has nice shooting percentages, but he’s not exactly lighting the world on fire. He’s also got Kemba, Nic, and Tony setting him up which doesn’t hurt. Knox has played through 3 games not counting the one he got hurt in or his time against the Bulls. Let them both get a few more games in at least before making comparisons.

I saw Bridges play in Charlotte against the Thunder, and he has a nice motor and big time hops. 

Was on the outside looking in as far as the team's set offense, and anything he did was opportunistic in terms of offensive boards and the like. 

Looking at him longingly while seemingly dismissing Knox is all too typical of our Brother Kiid, who having most recently lamented what a nice Knick DiVincenzo would've made [nicer than Demyean Dotson or Allonzo Trier?], floats the notion that somehow we blew it in selecting Knox. 

I eagerly await Kiid's posts about how we should have traded up to select Wagner ahead of Robinson. 

Sigh. 

A pattern seems to emerge, no?  A Rhapsody In Beige. 

Bridges was most definitely on our radar screen at #9, as was the equally impressive Wendell Carter, had he fallen to us. 

In point of fact [FACT], it was how Knox comported himself and competed in a pre-draft scrimmage against Bridges himself that sealed the deal as far as Fizdale-Perry-Mills were concerned. 

Would I have been chill with Miles Bridges?

Most def. 

Do I think he is "better" than Knox? 

No. 

And at 6'7" 220, compared to the 6'9" 215 Knox? 

Alas, one cannot draft EVERYONE. 

Dismissing  Knox based on a sample of what, three games. 

Get a grip dude. 

PS: You want to project a player to target for these Lottery Bound Knicks in the age of positionless hoops, to pair up front with KP & KK?  ZION WILLIAMSON.  My...GOD.  Puts me in mind of Larry Johnson and Hank Gathers and Grant Hill. 

PPS: Nagel & Kam & Biz & Dawg are all tight with THE DIVINE.  By all means, ratchet up the level of prayer, petition for a Top Three Pick and prepare human sacrifices if needs be. 

Zion...Zion...ZION...OOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM....
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 08:32:04 AM by chipstern »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #1788 on: November 07, 2018, 08:48:52 AM »

Trade DOWN was the idea (fpr Donte plus).  But I dont know who was dealing up to 9.

And I was surprised LA didnt take Robinson.  I think it was a worry about maturity.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: November 07, 2018, 09:12:18 AM »

Watched a fair amount of WAS-DAL.
Neither team looked good.
But at least Mavs played together.

Wiz just go one on one and take the first shot available every time.
Their transition D is terrible (especially Wall who does that Wade mopey thing before deciding maybe to get back).

Wall-Beal-Porter-Morris-Dwight should be a Top starting unit.
But alas no unity.  Really, none of those 5 have any chemistry with any other, and you have to lay a lot of that on Wall.  maybe Coach Brooks too. 

And their bench is ragged and bad.  I like Oubre, but he can be mistake prone, and has that same individual attacking style that permeates WASH.  Jeff Green unreliable.  AuRevoir another out-for-himself type.  Satoransky marginal.  Mahinmi afoul prone stiff.

Porter might be their only team player ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: November 07, 2018, 09:14:08 AM »

Trade DOWN was the idea (fpr Donte plus).  But I dont know who was dealing up to 9.

And I was surprised LA didnt take Robinson.  I think it was a worry about maturity.

Pretty precipitous drop in talent at/after #14 where Porter was was taken.  DiV at #17.

If Porter pans out, which seems like a pretty good bet, Denver could be sitting in tall cotton.

I like Donte, but not THAT MUCH. 

Don't see anything from #9 onwards that I like as much as Knox.   And I was pretty enthusiastic about the Villinova Bridges. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: November 07, 2018, 09:38:33 AM »

A little surprised WIZ didnt unleash Chasson Randle last night after he scored 37 in G League debut.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: November 07, 2018, 09:45:10 AM »

That'd be something at least.
But isn't he another one-on-one guy?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: November 07, 2018, 01:01:19 PM »

Mahinmi afoul prone stiff.

Getting paid like a super-villain and taken two spots before we selected David Lee in 2005.

It is good to be tall.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: November 07, 2018, 01:02:57 PM »

I enjoy enes when he isn't pouting over not starting.  He's young and enjoying life.   I envy him. 

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: November 07, 2018, 01:51:17 PM »

I enjoy enes when he isn't pouting over not starting.  He's young and enjoying life.   I envy him.

That's cause apparently you're stupid as fuck and have neither talent nor ambition.
If you are a skilled competitive athlete you want to play and to win.
We should trade or cut Enes before it blows up. Current situation serves nobody.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: November 07, 2018, 02:19:50 PM »

That's cause apparently you're stupid as fuck and have neither talent nor ambition.
We should trade or cut Enes before it blows up. Current situation serves nobody.

We’ll come to regret it. We’ll just make him the next big Knick killer for dropping him when he really wanted to be here. You dumb fucks can’t see talent and heart right in front of your eyes.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: November 07, 2018, 02:23:10 PM »

That is BREATHTAKINGLY Dumb. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: November 07, 2018, 02:25:25 PM »

suck yuh madda you butt-clot

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: November 07, 2018, 02:30:05 PM »

That is BREATHTAKINGLY Dumb.

Why? Enes isn't in any kind of late-period "mentor the youth" stage.
He's entering his prime and is not the retiring type.
Things will get ugly fast unless Fiz starts playing to win.

suck yuh madda you butt-clot

;) :-*
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 02:31:59 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 1847