Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899778 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #1830 on: November 08, 2018, 03:40:06 PM »

I never get the problem.
How terrible, a team shot the ball.
So what if a guy takes an extra shot to try to get 50.
Who cares about this stuff.
It's unimportant.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: November 08, 2018, 03:48:19 PM »

My thought has always been that if you're actually angry about him taking that shot to get to 50, you shouldn't have given up the other 47 or 48. 
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: November 08, 2018, 04:38:33 PM »

I like the rule.  Unwritten rule.  If you can't score 50 when they're playing defense then you don't deserve 50.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: November 08, 2018, 05:09:52 PM »

Play defense the whole 48 minutes and it's not an issue . . .

Game's over when the horn sounds and the clock hits 0:00
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: November 08, 2018, 05:12:15 PM »

I get annoyed by the guys who wait until a quarter or half ends before they fling up a long shot at the basket.  Would rather not try to help their team than hurt their FG% or whatever.  Btw, Melo was often accused of this.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: November 08, 2018, 06:01:23 PM »

I had just checked stats and was thinking that Franc shouldn't be taking 4 3's a game, when he popped in a key one v. ATL  (which was coincidentally his 4th attempt, making him 2-4 for the game)

His trio of missed 4Q treys the game before cost the Knix.
But hell, Muddy and Franc were making their 3's in the 2nd half v. ATL.  And development is more important than W's this season.
So while it's often not pretty, I'm okay with both of them shooting 3's when they are open or feel it's time.

Both of them need to be more careful with their passes. 
Neither looks comfortable running a team.

As for Trier, he's trying to make plays and keep the offense going and not just iso.  Clyde has been bemoaning that at times Trier isn't looking at the basket but is too intent on passing.  But I like the fact he's trying to expand his game and be more of a team player.  He's not there yet, so it's a little awkward, but he's trying. 

His offense is on scouting reports by now and he's even seen some double teams the past 3 games.  So he's going to need to be able to pass and create for others.  This will pay off and he'll learn to strike a balance.  It's still a huge learning curve, and he's performed admirably.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 07:55:04 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: November 08, 2018, 07:18:21 PM »

When we have a health KP and Tim, Allonzo won't see as m(any) double teams and will kill em with it now.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: November 08, 2018, 10:02:03 PM »

Got Celts -9.5 tonight

How does it look?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: November 08, 2018, 10:09:17 PM »

Seems like we get a practice or two in before the Raps game. Hopefully we clean up some of our messier aspects going forward.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: November 09, 2018, 03:25:48 AM »

Any number of players may turn out better than Knox, it's rather foolish to assume that the Knicks will always take the best player available in every draft. No team does that, and it isn't peevish to point out better options so much as pointless *unless* the Knicks passed on an obvious choice and reached for a different player.

So you can't blame the Knicks for passing on Donovan Mitchell or John Collins, but you can, if you are so inclined blame them for DSJ. TBD.

Similarly, I don't think you can blame the Knicks for passing on SGA (the only rookie drafted after Knox whom we can definitively say looks like he would go higher in a re-draft, although I think the Cavs are the ones who should be second guessing themselves most right now), but you can, if you are so inclined, blame them for either of the Bridges boys. But neither of those latter two have shown enough in games for a very convincing argument.

I'm still happy with the Knox pick.

Lottery redraft, if held today, without trades:

1. Suns - Ayton
2. Kings - Doncic
3. Hawks - Trae
4. Grizz - Jaren Jackson
5. Mavs - Wendell Carter
6. Magic - Bamba (although they'll take a look at SGA)
7. Bulls - Bagley
8. Cavs - SGA
9. Knicks - Knox (although possibly any of the eight players ahead would be preferred to Knox, no shame there)
10. Sixers - Miles Bridges
11. Hornets - Mikal Bridges
12. Clippers - Mitchell Robinson
13. Clippers - Sexton
14. Nuggets - Porter Jr

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: November 09, 2018, 08:53:14 AM »

Looks like a strong class, as advertised.
Bamba and Trae look better than I expected.

Doncic adjusting better than I expected.
It helps that Dallas is totally allowing Donkey to play his game, including crazy passes and contested 3's.  From what I've seen he has long rough stretches and then adds in some terrific runs most games.  Looks like they'll let him do his thing and then try to reign him in maybe next year.  He has a knack for getting into open spaces, so once he erases some of the more contested shots, his %'s will go up.  For DAL, a lot depends on what Smith Jr. becomes.  He's pretty erratic now with a weak outside shot and iffy at best D.  So Doncic gets to handle the ball good deal.  Finney-Smith looks solid.  DeAndretheGiant needs better PG play.  Barnes still enigmatic.

But I got off the rook topic.

Knox looks like a terrific pick.  19.  And hasn't played much yet.
Mature, confident, talented.
Both of the Bridges look solid. 
SGA still a bit of a mystery man, but he's got some skills.

Of the guys I've seen below the Top 12 (post-bridge-building):

Okogie #20 is a high energy defender.  Will have a long career.
Huerter #19 looked aggressive
Hutchinson 22, a nice slasher and driver.  Good bounce, defends. No 3.
Spellman 30 has looked solid.  Had a double-double v. NYK.  Can bang and hit 3's

Only saw Divencenzo and Grayson Allen briefly, both looked like they can hang.  At least solid long term backups.  Possible starters (didn't see them do much except look competent).

Shamet's done well, but I haven't seen him.
Never heard of Jerome Robinson (#13) or Troy Brown #15.
Porter, Zaire and Lon Walker (14/16/18) all out with long-term injuries.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: November 09, 2018, 09:39:07 AM »

Any number of players may turn out better than Knox, it's rather foolish to assume that the Knicks will always take the best player available in every draft. No team does that, and it isn't peevish to point out better options so much as pointless *unless* the Knicks passed on an obvious choice and reached for a different player.

So you can't blame the Knicks for passing on Donovan Mitchell or John Collins, but you can, if you are so inclined blame them for DSJ. TBD.

Similarly, I don't think you can blame the Knicks for passing on SGA (the only rookie drafted after Knox whom we can definitively say looks like he would go higher in a re-draft, although I think the Cavs are the ones who should be second guessing themselves most right now), but you can, if you are so inclined, blame them for either of the Bridges boys. But neither of those latter two have shown enough in games for a very convincing argument.

I'm still happy with the Knox pick.

Lottery redraft, if held today, without trades:

1. Suns - Ayton
2. Kings - Doncic
3. Hawks - Trae
4. Grizz - Jaren Jackson
5. Mavs - Wendell Carter
6. Magic - Bamba (although they'll take a look at SGA)
7. Bulls - Bagley
8. Cavs - SGA
9. Knicks - Knox (although possibly any of the eight players ahead would be preferred to Knox, no shame there)
10. Sixers - Miles Bridges
11. Hornets - Mikal Bridges
12. Clippers - Mitchell Robinson
13. Clippers - Sexton
14. Nuggets - Porter Jr

Maybe.

I think you are missing some good ones - but teams would still draft on "potential" (read:  athleticism, size, speed - sometimes above ball skills.)

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: November 09, 2018, 10:26:30 AM »

Bagley has double digits all but one game.  7 a bit low.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: November 09, 2018, 11:20:06 AM »

Caught a HOU@OKC repaly.
Rockettes were full-strength, Thunderous had Westbrook out.
HOU looked bad.
They played with energy but couldn't make shots and didn't get stops.

Melo was particularly bad, finished 1-11 for 2 points.  but even that 1 FG came down 20 mid-4Q, and he didn't actually get the ball through the rim, but his layup was partially blocked and they called it a goaltend.  O FT's too.

Only Capela looked good for HOU.  And he was matched bY Steven Adams.  When Rocks went small, Adams punished them by getting switched on to Melo/Harden/Paul.  And Adams grabbed boards by being the largest human out there.

Paul George didn't shoot well, but filled up the stat sheet with a half dozen steals and assists. 

Only scoring 80 with their full lineup has to be worrisome for HOU.
4-6 record.  And the defense is wobbly.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 1844