Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899679 times)

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #1845 on: November 09, 2018, 01:41:40 PM »

Bagley has double digits all but one game.  7 a bit low.

So who takes him before 7 in a re-draft? Definitely not the Kings, not the way their new identity.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: November 09, 2018, 02:23:45 PM »

Never mind

The fact you still have Knox ahead of Bridges says enough

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: November 09, 2018, 04:39:29 PM »

Miles is going to be decent. It remains to be seen what Knox will be.

The money situation says that Trey is gone by January to make room for Zo.

Trey is better and more valuable than Baker, but his money isn’t guaranteed. $400k vs. $4mil.

We should cut Baker, but we will cut Trey.

It doesn’t really matter since neither will play.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: November 09, 2018, 04:48:09 PM »

Do Knix really worry about a few $M?
Burke could be a trade sweetener, and still is our best PG.
And could be a medium term backup PG at a reasonable rate.

Baker plays hard and probably a good practice player, but can't get minutes as we've become surprisingly deep.
I'd think Kornet or Baker gets tossed.

Burke sticks around.  He could have a future here, the other two unlikely.  And what if either Franc or Mud gets hurt, especially after KZ is back?  Burke provides insurance. 

While Baker is about 6th string SG.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 05:24:17 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: November 09, 2018, 04:57:32 PM »

Can Burke accept Baker's role?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: November 09, 2018, 05:02:00 PM »

Checking in on Nuggets-Nets tonight

See if Russell can hold Murray under 40.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: November 09, 2018, 05:53:21 PM »

Knicks say Lance Thomas underwent arthroscopic surgery of his left knee for removal of loose bodies. Thomas will begin rehab immediately and be re-evaluated in four weeks.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: November 09, 2018, 07:59:46 PM »

Wizards still struggling - and still wont play 3 guards

Morris or Porter to the bench would be extremely helpful.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: November 10, 2018, 12:27:09 AM »

What is the love shown here for Miles Bridges?

I did not even know he was gone.

---Knicks’ depth takes hit with Lance Thomas surgery.---

Miss the gritty defense and goose eggs on the box score already. A centerpiece for the triangle master plan.
---“The biggest thing is that we get that knee healthy, and Lance is our leader, and we just get him back feeling good and get him back in that locker room with his voice,” Fizdale said.--- Huh!

https://nypost.com/2018/11/09/knicks-depth-takes-hit-with-lance-thomas-surgery/
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: November 10, 2018, 01:09:12 AM »

Wizards still struggling - and still wont play 3 guards
Morris or Porter to the bench would be extremely helpful.

Starting Awful Rivers in place of Porter/Morris is ridiculous.
He's having a terrible year, is foul prone & 38% FG; 63% FT; 6.5 PER
He's already playing 23 mins a night and isn't helping any.
While Satoransky is a marginal NBA player.

Besides it would turn their bench into Satoransky and all F's.
The bench is already a weakness.  And I'd much rather have Porter shooting 3's (and playing D) than Rivers.

Morris had been injured.
Have to hope to get him healthy/fit and Wall alter his style and provide genuine leadership.  The friction with Gortat came to a head when he talked about how nice it was playing without Wall (who was injured) and how everyone got touches and enjoyed the game, and the team was winning.  Is starting AuRevior going to change how Wall plays or spread the touches?  Doubt it.  While weakening their D and mucking up their bench.

Brooks would have to be desperate and fearful for his job.
And if they were going to try 3 Guards, I'd go centerless and sit Dwight.  Worsens the D for sure, but hopefully opens driving lanes for Beal and Wall, with kickout possibilities.

Some team should swoop in and steal Beal.
A talented player being held back.  Work some 3-team dealio in which the Wizbangs get a couple players and save money (absorbed by the mythical 3rd team under the cap).
Same goes for Porter, but he's owed a lot and the ceiling seems to be lower.  Things so bad for WAS, you have to due your diligence on the motivation and desire for those guys.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 01:11:00 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: November 10, 2018, 08:15:48 AM »

I think Beal is the one guy they won't/shouldn't trade.

I can't see who will take Wall in a trade, mind you. Zach Lowe was musing about it, but I think he's going to be hard to move. There's a sense that he should bring back starters + picks and I just don't think teams are lining up to give that up for a player with his attitude/reputation, contract and knees. Maybe Orlando, in a salary dump (Augustin/Ross expirings plus a heavily protected first rounder)? Maybe Memphis, along with Austin Rivers, for Conley, with no picks involved? To Detroit, for Reggie Jackson and Stanley Johnson?  It's hard to conjure Wall deals that make sense.

That leaves two options: trade Porter or just assume nothing needs to be changed. But Porter, at his salary, isn't going to be highly sought after. He can play for anyone, in any system, but his salary right now looks double what it ought to be and it's a sell-low move for the Wiz.

I don't see a reason why the Knicks should go for either Porter or Wall when there's still a chance at a guy like Kemba (let alone Durant). Not saying those guys will come, just that I'd try for them and risk missing out then take on Porter or Wall. Same reason I'd move Hardaway.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: November 10, 2018, 09:37:46 AM »

Beale St. is the guy who could be moved and bring a return.
Wall's new deal pays him something like $40M, and if they move him then they need a starting caliber PG.  So that's a big mess.
Porter won't get you much because his salary is too large.

So the easiest fix is move Beal for value and get a return that can keep the team in the playoffs.  (you try to get something like Caldwell-Pope & Ingram, a solid role player and a yute with upside.  Not that that is necessarily available and doesn't have the right cap numbers to work -- but that would be the idea).

Moving Wall is hard to do and involves a significant degree of rebuilding.  Moving Porter is likely a downgrade.  Moving Beal shuffles things and retains a competitive core.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: November 10, 2018, 11:32:51 AM »

I can't see who will take Wall in a trade, mind you. Zach Lowe was musing about it, but I think he's going to be hard to move. There's a sense that he should bring back starters + picks and I just don't think teams are lining up to give that up for a player with his attitude/reputation, contract and knees. Maybe Orlando, in a salary dump (Augustin/Ross expirings plus a heavily protected first rounder)? Maybe Memphis, along with Austin Rivers, for Conley, with no picks involved? To Detroit, for Reggie Jackson and Stanley Johnson?  It's hard to conjure Wall deals that make sense.

That leaves two options: trade Porter or just assume nothing needs to be changed. But Porter, at his salary, isn't going to be highly sought after. He can play for anyone, in any system, but his salary right now looks double what it ought to be and it's a sell-low move for the Wiz.

I don't see a reason why the Knicks should go for either Porter or Wall when there's still a chance at a guy like Kemba (let alone Durant). Not saying those guys will come, just that I'd try for them and risk missing out then take on Porter or Wall. Same reason I'd move Hardaway.

Kemba is a fixture in Charlotte, the face of the franchise. 

Watched him go head to head with Westbrook at the Spectrum Center last week.

Kemba ain't going nowhere. 

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: November 10, 2018, 12:15:36 PM »

Lots of players move. He's from the Bronx. You're wrong to speak with such certainty.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: November 10, 2018, 01:06:43 PM »

The Butler did it.

He got out of Minny.

TWolves send him to 76ers

for Saric, Covington and (I heard a 2)

I'm not sure if giving up 2 starters for Butler is smart, but 76ers star power increased.

They got most of the season to figure it out.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 1844