Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900454 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #1920 on: November 12, 2018, 04:51:14 PM »

Its sad it think that knox and Robinson are the most valuable players we have based on age, talent, salary and potential.

they are several years away from reaching that potential.

Hardaway is clearly our best player yet his game is ONE-dimensional.

when he is on he can shoot and he can score. However he is off just as much as he is on.

career  .42%   34% from 3.  Poor.  .  Assists.  career  1.8 and rebound 2.4.  that just sucks. 

he is a erratic shooter, weak defender, terrible passer and poor rebounder.

he is our best player while KP is injured.

we are a joke.

Actually, you are...if not a joke, surely a cliche machine. 

Timmy has improved his offensive game on every level, and while he still goes postal on occasion, forcing shots when nothing and no one is hitting, he goes to the rack more often and effectively, is a willing passer, and has improved his rebounding and defense.  Try watching a game instead of aimlessly tossing around stats. 

And sorry, but WE ARE NOT A JOKE.  We are rebuilding, and finally committed to such a process. 

Doesn't please you?

Awwwww...

Too much to bear, well, "Go Clippers" and your doom and gloom with it.  Happy trails, homie. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
We are not a joke
« Reply #1921 on: November 12, 2018, 04:54:45 PM »

Jokes are funny
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: November 12, 2018, 05:02:50 PM »

Mario should be more of a facilitator.  He does some good things with the ball, but usually for himself.

Mario is a willing and effective passer, and has made some nice hookups on the go with Enes and Noah. 

He is frustrating, because one can see the skill set, and his ability to handle the rock, bring the ball up, get to the rack, and hit the three in rhythm. 

Final grades?  Too early to tell, and remains to be seen how much Fizz can build his confidence and consistency.

With Lance Thomas out for a 4-6 weeks minimum, we stand to see a lot of Herzona & Knox on the floor at the same time, probably with Enes, though I would like to see some of a Vonleh/Robinson-Herzona-Knox front court.

Anyway, we have been more than competitive for the most part, even as we are still wet behind the ears. 

Yesterday versus Orlando was an out and out stinker...our defense cratered, and we couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from trey. 

Still, some positive signs from Knox, Herzona, Trier and Burke. 

PS: And as per Kam Sandwich, we are still right up there in the Zion Sweepstakes.  So, there is THAT. 

PPS: Remains to be seen if there is a Kristaps Trajectory.  I get the impression he does not hold with this sitting out the season scenario.  Still, leave us err on the side of caution. 

PPPS: Free Agency?  Hey, it is good to have cap space in any event, as cap space presupposes being able to absorb contracts and stockpile draft picks, if all else fails.  And while Biz thought me unduly pessimistic regarding the likes of Kemba Walker, I attended a Charlotte home game last week, and believe me, Kemba ain't going anywhere.  And now with Butler in Philly, Kyrie in Boston, Kawhi in Toronto, all emerging powerhouses in the East, who does that leave.  Kevin Durant?  [COUGH].  Vis a Vis cap space and free agency, we best have a Plan B, because right now, the cupboard appears bare. 

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: November 12, 2018, 05:09:30 PM »

We don't get any assists from our Forwards.  Vonleh, Hezonja, Lance, Knox COMBINE for 3.5 ast per game

Ain't just about players...Milwaukee currently 2cnd in league, 14th last year.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: We are not a joke
« Reply #1924 on: November 12, 2018, 05:11:23 PM »

Jokes are funny

Sometimes. 

But doom and gloom and WE SUCK, and WE ARE A JOKE and PERRY AND MILLS ARE MORONS. 

B-O-R-I-N-G. 

We are going to be struggling all year, but, with a purpose. 

Me, schmuck that I am? 

I enjoy the narrative, I respect the process, and I am at peace with the growing pains. 

For the only time in my lifetime, save the period in the mid-60s which presaged our emergence by decade's end as a perennial contender, we have committed to growing pains and a process. 

Right now, part of the process that is most frustrating, are the growing pains, most tellingly of our point competition.  At times, Frank, Emmanuel and Trey all show signs of getting it.  At other times...NOT.  Our assist stats are not an aberration.  And yes, Kemba would look mighty good, but he is the face of the Hornets franchise, and I am not sanguine about our chances. 

In any event, how did Carlos's chant go?  Play hard, lose close, tank like men...

Whatever. 

Robinson, Knox and Trier are nice XMAS gifts to find under the tree.   Raw they may all surely be. 

As DAWG suggests and Dinah Washington sang, vis a vis Milwaukee's progression, "What a difference a day makes..." 
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 05:13:06 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Frank[ly] Speaking
« Reply #1925 on: November 12, 2018, 05:17:44 PM »

Fizdale gave a hint Sunday that not all his players are naturally suited for his fast-paced mission, hence he’s had to adjust.

“It all sounds great when you come in and you say, ‘I want to do this, I want to do that,’” Fizdale said. “But you got to work with what you have right now. My job now is to try to put them in the best scenario to give them a chance to win games and to have success and grow. So our pace is definitely slow since then but I’m still emphasizing it, getting it up the court.”

One NBA scout’s observation in supporting Ntilikina is: “He’s only 20.’’

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: November 12, 2018, 05:27:20 PM »

Its sad it think that knox and Robinson are the most valuable players we have based on age, talent, salary and potential.

when he is on he can shoot and he can score. However he is off just as much as he is on.

career  .42%   34% from 3.  Poor.  .  Assists.  career  1.8 and rebound 2.4.  that just sucks. 

we are a joke.

Toss those career numbers on THJ

He is clearly a 3+ assist guy now and a gifted scorer, among the league's elite.

Should he rebound more?  Sure.  I could get behind that.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: November 12, 2018, 05:53:03 PM »

I think Fiz would be best served right now by marrying himself to a lineup.

Mudiay/Burke
Dotson/Trier/Ntilikina
Hardaway/Hezonja
Vonleh/Kanter
Robinson/add

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: November 12, 2018, 07:11:49 PM »

we are a joke.

Actually, you are...if not a joke, surely a cliche machine. 

Timmy has improved his offensive game on every level, and while he still goes postal on occasion, forcing shots when nothing and no one is hitting, he goes to the rack more often and effectively, is a willing passer, and has improved his rebounding and defense.  Try watching a game instead of aimlessly tossing around stats. 

And sorry, but WE ARE NOT A JOKE.  We are rebuilding, and finally committed to such a process. 

Doesn't please you?

Awwwww...

Too much to bear, well, "Go Clippers" and your doom and gloom with it.  Happy trails, homie.

being called a cliche machine by Mr. Chip Stern is quite accurate.  If being a cliche means saying the same thing year after year. 

Wonder why that is?  is it because we are terrible year after year? 

our last 5 years have been a torture session devised by the Taliban.

wins  156  losses   264.

this year we are on our way to another 50 plus loss year and our 6th year out of the playoffs.   the Knicks are the cliche.

i have praised our current draft but like a good grape it will take time to ripen into a fine wine.

IMO we have drafted truly  poorly other than KP ( i believe we lucked into that one) since the 2005 pick of Dlee.

Last year players refused to even talk to us about coming to NY.

so i guess I am a cliche.

believe it or not I hope I won't have to write the same thing next year.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: November 12, 2018, 07:22:24 PM »

Hardaway was a good draft pick.

Turned him into Grant, which could have been better.

chipstern

• View Profile
Uh, Get Real
« Reply #1930 on: November 12, 2018, 07:47:13 PM »

So, you propose a rotation with no Kevin Knox. 

Is that to make room for Jimmer? 

chipstern

• View Profile
Nagel
« Reply #1931 on: November 12, 2018, 07:48:37 PM »

You don't discern any key differences between this year and those since Jason Kidd left town.

Bets of luck. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: We are not a joke
« Reply #1932 on: November 12, 2018, 07:57:56 PM »

Jokes are funny

Sometimes. 

But doom and gloom and WE SUCK, and WE ARE A JOKE and PERRY AND MILLS ARE MORONS. 

B-O-R-I-N-G. 

We are going to be struggling all year, but, with a purpose. 

Yeah anyone who thought we were gonna be good didn't predict a high win total. 

This is the type of season you have when you're developing young guys.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: November 12, 2018, 07:59:22 PM »

Does Dwight Howard look like he's lost a ton of weight?
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Frank[ly] Speaking
« Reply #1934 on: November 12, 2018, 08:20:05 PM »

Fizdale gave a hint Sunday that not all his players are naturally suited for his fast-paced mission, hence he’s had to adjust.

One NBA scout’s observation in supporting Ntilikina is: “He’s only 20.’’

Frank better "get it" soon because no matter his age, his contract demands he show strides or the Knicks won't do the early extension thing and he heads towards journeyman status.  He has this year and next.  It's why i was so keen on him getting more reps last year to accelerate development.  We are going to have to decide soon on frank.  It isn't looking good but I hope this is just a sophomore slump.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 1844