Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900313 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #1935 on: November 12, 2018, 08:24:47 PM »

Los 20
Les 21
Biz 23
Ade 23
BoD 23
Bank 24
Nagel 25
Zup 30
Yank 30
Ike 31
J Straw 31
Early 32
Chip 33
Kam 33
Fac 34
Klint 36

So you were in on the joke?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Nagel

• View Profile
Re: Nagel
« Reply #1936 on: November 12, 2018, 09:04:18 PM »

You don't discern any key differences between this year and those since Jason Kidd left town.

Bets of luck.

did i say i liked our picks this year?

or did you simply leave that out.

bets of luck to you as well.

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: November 12, 2018, 09:04:37 PM »

Los 20
Les 21
Biz 23
Ade 23
BoD 23
Bank 24
Nagel 25
Zup 30
Yank 30
Ike 31
J Straw 31
Early 32
Chip 33
Kam 33
Fac 34
Klint 36

always.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: November 12, 2018, 09:53:05 PM »

Los 20
Les 21
Biz 23
Ade 23
BoD 23
Bank 24
Nagel 25
Zup 30
Yank 30
Ike 31
J Straw 31
Early 32
Chip 33
Kam 33
Fac 34
Klint 36

always.

I was originally at 22, but moved down to 20 cause the devil made me do it.

I mean, Les made me do it.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 09:57:04 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: November 12, 2018, 11:08:13 PM »

Los 20
Les 21
Biz 23
Ade 23
BoD 23
Bank 24
Nagel 25
Zup 30
Yank 30
Ike 31
J Straw 31
Early 32
Chip 33
Kam 33
Fac 34
Klint 36

always.

I was originally at 22, but moved down to 20 cause the devil made me do it.

I mean, Les made me do it.

I think 22 is the sweet spot. Me & Carlos were just showing off. Biz, Ade, BoD and Bank were wildly optimistic.

** the sweet spot unless you think KP is coming back for half a season. You really think he's coming back for half a season? Or play even 25 games with a .285 team? He's gonna risk being a boogie cousins or Caris Lavert with a max on the line? You nuts. Mixed nuts. Dry roasted nuts. Salted or unsalted nuts.

**** c'mon, these days, folks sit out entire seasons for a tender little tweaked quad
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 11:49:47 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
Re: Frank[ly] Speaking
« Reply #1940 on: November 12, 2018, 11:15:11 PM »

Fizdale gave a hint Sunday that not all his players are naturally suited for his fast-paced mission, hence he’s had to adjust.

One NBA scout’s observation in supporting Ntilikina is: “He’s only 20.’’

Frank better "get it" soon because no matter his age, his contract demands he show strides or the Knicks won't do the early extension thing and he heads towards journeyman status.  He has this year and next.  It's why i was so keen on him getting more reps last year to accelerate development.  We are going to have to decide soon on frank.  It isn't looking good but I hope this is just a sophomore slump.

Soon as in like 60-80 more starts at PG? OK. Fair enough. I actually think it's looking damn good for his first 7.

*or 5 or 10 or whatever it is ... almost astoundingly good, if we're being honest, considering who he is on the floor with most of the time
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 11:18:10 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: November 13, 2018, 12:54:16 AM »

Fizdale gave a hint Sunday that not all his players are naturally suited for his fast-paced mission, hence he’s had to adjust.

One NBA scout’s observation in supporting Ntilikina is: “He’s only 20.’’

Frank better "get it" soon because no matter his age, his contract demands he show strides or the Knicks won't do the early extension thing and he heads towards journeyman status.  He has this year and next.  It's why i was so keen on him getting more reps last year to accelerate development.  We are going to have to decide soon on frank.  It isn't looking good but I hope this is just a sophomore slump.

Soon as in like 60-80 more starts at PG? OK. Fair enough. I actually think it's looking damn good for his first 7.

*or 5 or 10 or whatever it is ... almost astoundingly good, if we're being honest, considering who he is on the floor with most of the time

He is slumping bad right now with his shot and it is affecting the rest of his game.   If he misses early he loses confidence in his entire game.  You say 60-80 more starts and i hope he gets those but with Trier, Burke, and (clears throat) Mudiay also options at the PG it may not be Frank's to keep.

I'm a Frank fan. I want him to keep his spot.  But he has to change his offensive mentality.  Somehowz.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 12:56:58 AM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: November 13, 2018, 02:22:45 AM »

I would not object to a DLeague stint for Frank about now. Bring him back when he’s put up 20 and 10 in a win down there two or three times.

It didn’t hurt Hardaway’s career or or production when the Hawks did it with him. We have a pretty good system there for helping guards.

It also opens time to give run to the set of guards, Mudiay, Burke, and Baker, who are likely on the cut block to make room for Trier.

We may not be able to win without his D, but when he’s giving goose eggs his D doesn’t help us win.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: November 13, 2018, 02:27:28 AM »

He is slumping bad right now with his shot and it is affecting the rest of his game.   If he misses early he loses confidence in his entire game.  You say 60-80 more starts and i hope he gets those but with Trier, Burke, and (clears throat) Mudiay also options at the PG it may not be Frank's to keep.

I'm a Frank fan. I want him to keep his spot.  But he has to change his offensive mentality. 

Mudiay and Burke have been in the league for years, with well over 100 games started each and both look like their upper cap is crap. They are not options. They are roster filler. You got one guy who has any potential and who already looks like Tony Allen on D. Did you see his D in the Raptors first quarter? That was one game ago so it couldn't be much of a slump. A slump is when THJ looks like shit for a full month. What you see is a PG in his 7th career start at his position.

*** You know who is in a slump? Fizwiz...

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: November 13, 2018, 02:38:43 AM »

It also opens time to give run to the set of guards, Mudiay, Burke, and Baker, who are likely on the cut block to make room for Trier.

Jeezus that would be hard to watch. And to find out what, who your 5th or 6th guard is?

We may not be able to win without his D, but when he’s giving goose eggs his D doesn’t help us win.

actually, his D can still help us to win, even if he's giving goose eggs, .... but it's very clear that winning isn't the priority this year anyway so why is that a concern? Do Mudiay, Burke & Baker take you from .285 to what, .315? Fantastic, we achieved absolutely nothing but moving one spot further away from Zion...

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: November 13, 2018, 04:02:33 AM »

Les, I think we’d take more losses while Frank was in GLeague if he were sent down. I think he would be better and we could see more wins once he got back.

I could see someone taking Burke off our hands for a small off-roster asset, like some overseas guy’s draft rights or a highly protected distant 2nd rounder, especially if he can put up 10 & 5 for a few weeks shooting a decent percentage.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: November 13, 2018, 08:03:39 AM »

Re:  Ntilikina

Backers like to note how other execs like him so much.

I think we will get to see just how much when Frank becomes RFA.

Shump redux.

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: November 13, 2018, 08:07:50 AM »

Les, I think we’d take more losses while Frank was in GLeague if he were sent down. I think he would be better and we could see more wins once he got back.

Ok, Ok, I can watch G League games right?

*** I had to suffer through 99 Howard Eisely starts & 228 Rory Sparrow starts. Why can't I watch 75 Frankie starts? Is the floor Charlie Ward (272 starts) or Darrell Walker (101 starts) or something much lower? I enjoyed those 373 starts for the most part. Or maybe much higher? His stroke his much sweeter than either (though they rarely go in) as are the growing palette of moves in the lane (which he rarely ever utilizes). Maybe he's a chump...I don't care. I want to watch, and if he somehow hurts the team THAT MUCH we get Zion Williamson. This is by definition a no-lose situation!

**** Haters are projecting the floor is Frank Williams (3 starts). Maybe they are right ... I want to find out ... the right way.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 08:32:12 AM by lesterdog »

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: November 13, 2018, 08:11:17 AM »

Re:  Ntilikina

Backers like to note how other execs like him so much.

I think we will get to see just how much when Frank becomes RFA.

Shump redux.

I would surely like us to know how much we like him when that day comes because we've given our own "failed" lottery pick nearly as much play as we've given to the failed lottery picks of others.

**will be interesting to see how our Frenchboy bounces back from Wizdale's tough love 6 min. pull
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 08:13:44 AM by lesterdog »

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: November 13, 2018, 08:42:51 AM »

".....looks like Tony Allen on D"

Come on, man.  Really?

Watch the possessions.

Kid has long arms and pretty good instincts but much to learn on technique and team play.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 1844