Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899260 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
PG Wanted
« Reply #1995 on: November 14, 2018, 08:44:56 PM »

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Hardwood Mitch hurt again
« Reply #1996 on: November 14, 2018, 08:46:30 PM »

Ankle.Snakebit

Hardluck mitch

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Mitch aint no bitch
« Reply #1997 on: November 14, 2018, 08:58:11 PM »

Back in the game after a short stint to get the ankle re-taped.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Getting waxed in Oklahoma
« Reply #1998 on: November 14, 2018, 09:32:48 PM »

By George. I think he's got it.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Georgie have mercy!
« Reply #1999 on: November 14, 2018, 09:38:49 PM »

This is painful to watch.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
Re: Postscript
« Reply #2000 on: November 15, 2018, 12:27:57 AM »

It's been one month and Noah is still un-signed.

Does anyone still think we should have held on to him for a trade?

Stretching him helps our cap figure a lot this summer.

If we don't use our cap space then stretching him was a mistake.

Yes, I do. I would have sent him home with pay but away from the team*, and I would have waived Baker and Kornet to make room for Trier.

No chemistry issues, no long-term cap hit.

Then I would have either traded him with picks or stretched him next summer if I needed the cap space. And if I didn't need the cap space, I would have just bought him out next summer.

* Unless he agreed to a generous buyout, like Luol Deng did.

Which apparently he did not. 

And there has clearly been a stampede to add him to a veteran contending roster, has there not? 

Waived Kornet? 

You over estimate cap space. 

One man's opinion, anyway. 

And Kornet might yet evolve into a decent rotation player, particularly, if as everyone seems to project, Kanter is out the door come next June. 

CRYING

OVER

SPILLED

MILK

What's done is done.  Get over it. 

Wake me up when Noah gets a contract offer.

You don't get it Chip - It's not about anyone wanting Noah, nobody does. You wouldn't trade him to a team that thought he could play, but rather to a team with cap space next summer along with a pick if you've got someone lined up to sign. Or, not, but you hold off on stretching him unless you know you need the cap space.

And if I overestimate cap space, what about management that stretched him for cap space before they knew if they could us it?

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #2001 on: November 15, 2018, 12:59:46 AM »

I would not want to offload picks to offload Noah.  Even if it meant a Superstar.  Now we can get the Superstar without picks.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: November 15, 2018, 08:35:01 AM »

"....for cap space before they knew if they could use it"

Que?

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Postscript
« Reply #2003 on: November 15, 2018, 09:46:28 AM »

It's been one month and Noah is still un-signed.

Does anyone still think we should have held on to him for a trade?

Stretching him helps our cap figure a lot this summer.

If we don't use our cap space then stretching him was a mistake.

Yes, I do. I would have sent him home with pay but away from the team*, and I would have waived Baker and Kornet to make room for Trier.

No chemistry issues, no long-term cap hit.

Then I would have either traded him with picks or stretched him next summer if I needed the cap space. And if I didn't need the cap space, I would have just bought him out next summer.

* Unless he agreed to a generous buyout, like Luol Deng did.

Which apparently he did not. 

And there has clearly been a stampede to add him to a veteran contending roster, has there not? 

Waived Kornet? 

You over estimate cap space. 

One man's opinion, anyway. 

And Kornet might yet evolve into a decent rotation player, particularly, if as everyone seems to project, Kanter is out the door come next June. 

CRYING

OVER

SPILLED

MILK

What's done is done.  Get over it. 

Wake me up when Noah gets a contract offer.

You don't get it Chip - It's not about anyone wanting Noah, nobody does. You wouldn't trade him to a team that thought he could play, but rather to a team with cap space next summer along with a pick if you've got someone lined up to sign. Or, not, but you hold off on stretching him unless you know you need the cap space.

And if I overestimate cap space, what about management that stretched him for cap space before they knew if they could us it?

Not ONE team has so far reached out to Noah, now that he can be had for the Veteran's Minimum. 

And yet YOU, as Knicks GM would have packaged him with a draft choice [presumably a #1, as nothing else would suffice] in the name of your grand designs and superior cap management. 

I DO GET IT. 

[Response & Invective DELETED]
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 09:48:41 AM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Cap Space
« Reply #2004 on: November 15, 2018, 10:08:23 AM »

Biz answered his own question, basically.

You trade him to a team that can absorb his salary.

And that team gets a #1 for their troubles.

Not unlike the position OUR KNICKS will be in next summer, whether or not we cop a Kevin Durant. 

Cap space?

GOOD. 

Good for more than just signing free agents. 

GET IT BIZ? 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: November 15, 2018, 11:16:36 AM »

Surrendering a #1 to dump Noah ... (to save 6 mil two summers in a row)  would be ALMOST as bad as Surrendering a #1 to acquire Andrea Barniarney.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Trending Low
« Reply #2006 on: November 15, 2018, 11:26:01 AM »

Averaging 19 assists per game before last night's shake up that produced... 18 assists.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
If Fitzdel doesnt start Trier soon
« Reply #2007 on: November 15, 2018, 11:28:37 AM »

He should be fined, fired, and fillet.

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: If Fitzdel doesnt start Trier soon
« Reply #2008 on: November 15, 2018, 12:14:34 PM »

He should be fined, fired, and fillet.

Stretched, perhaps? 

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: November 15, 2018, 12:48:06 PM »

talking about Noah is avoidance at it's best.

Berman 's column mentioned a few more salient points.  like defense.  like lack of a assists.

dismiss him all you want.

however you can't dismiss the fact his team does not play like a team.

we however getting closer to Zion territory which is a good thing.

Berman
OKLAHOMA CITY — Five observations from Wednesday’s 128-103 loss to the Thunder.

1. Bill Parcells’ fabled line is: You are what your record says you are. It now holds true for the Knicks. They are as bad as 4-11 suggests following three straight blowout losses in which they were outscored by a combined 67 points. The Knicks haven’t owned a lead in 10 straight quarters. No longer can coach David Fizdale talk about the club never being out of a game. In seven of their first eight losses, the Knicks were at least tied in the fourth quarter.

The Knicks have to figure out the reasons behind the regression, especially on defense. Lance Thomas’ knee surgery last week is one reason. Another theory is Fizdale’s experimentation with starting lineups. There have been two major shakeups through 15 games and three different starting point guards. There is more tinkering on the way, according to Fizdale. Of the Knicks’ four victories, none have come against an above-.500 club. Two have been against Atlanta and one apiece against the Nets and Mavericks.

The Knicks have played three of their past four games on the road and the schedule is not letting up. Starting with Friday’s game in New Orleans, six of the next eight contests are away from the Garden. The other reason the Knicks’ losses could mount is the three rookies in their rotation — Kevin Knox, Mitchell Robinson and Allonzo Trier — are strong candidates to hit the first-year wall. The bit of a silver lining is Kristaps Porzingis making hints all over the place his rehab is nearly complete.

2. Demoted point guard Frank Ntilikina will never use injuries as an excuse, but he admitted he has shoulder issues. His right shoulder was taped in Oklahoma City. In the locker room after the game, the Frenchman was getting ice treatment to the left shoulder. Ntilikina confirmed he’s got two strained shoulders. That could be why Fizdale declined to use Ntilikina’s length to attempt to stop Paul George, who torched Tim Hardaway Jr. for 35 points.

3. Fizdale’s lineup change to trigger more ball movement with Emmanuel Mudiay at the point worked early, but ultimately the Knicks’ offense devolved. The Knicks are last in the league in assists — a stat that gnaws at the coach. The Knicks registered 17 assists to the Thunder’s 32. Hardaway, like Carmelo Anthony before him, is a major culprit. The Knicks were 7-of-26 from 3-point range, bringing their percentage down to 31.6, ranking them 28th out of 30.

Modal TriggerKevin Knox
Kevin KnoxNBAE/Getty Images
4. In his first career NBA start, rookie Kevin Knox scored 15 points but was just 5-of-16 from the field, including missing badly on a couple of wild runners. He had one assist and three turnovers in 29:20. Knox’s shooting percentage is 32.5 percent, though his 3-point percentage is a tad higher at 34.3 percent. He shot 35 percent in summer league, despite showing flashes of brilliance. He shot 32 percent in five preseason games, losing his starting job.

“They say he’s a very good shooter but I haven’t seen it yet,” one NBA scout said.

5. Trier, the undrafted rookie, registered 11 points, but also had four turnovers with zero assists. Besides the failed drug tests, one reason Trier went undrafted was concerns about fitting in as far as passing the ball.

It was a bad job by the public-address announcer who repeatedly mispronounced his last name despite Trier having played high-school ball in the Oklahoma City area for three years. The correct pronunciation is “Tree-er.” One of his former high-school teammates took in the game at Chesapeake Arena and laughed at Trier’s gunner style.

“He was even cocky as an eighth-grader — didn’t pass the ball,’’ he reminisced. “I knew what kind of player he’d be when he announced to the team his favorite player was Carmelo Anthony.’’

Thunder coach Billy Donovan said the club worked out Trier but indicated he wasn’t a consideration at 45 when the Thunder did well in taking native New Yorker Hamidou Diallo, who scored a career-high 11 points vs. the Knicks.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 1844