Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 1853

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1079484 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Bad Cats? [Positive Pussy Postscript]
« Reply #2250 on: November 25, 2018, 08:36:44 PM »

Yes

« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 08:54:11 PM by chipstern »

luee

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #2251 on: November 25, 2018, 08:47:30 PM »

Yes, young with a new 3 headed scoring monster at guard. Now going toe to toe against a good team on the road. A very different and easy to like knix team.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

chipstern

• View Profile
PS
« Reply #2252 on: November 25, 2018, 08:50:53 PM »

In lieu of all the specious, flippant, dismissive, ignorant-ass posts which we have to look forward to regarding Enes The Menace.

Just this once...

Fuck Each And Every One Of You Dipshits.

There...that feels better. 

Well...

Anyone else where you saw a stat line in a win of 21 points, 26 rebounds, 3 assists, against arguably the best old school center on the best old school team with the best record in the Western Conference, there might be some crow sashimi on the menu, not to mention that Emmanuel Mudiay fellow...

Too much to expect.  Or as Coach Fizz put it, "ENES WAS A MAN ON A MISSION."

Stick those cap holds up your ass. 

Get rid of the whole roster Nagel? 

There are no words...Earth To Ziggy--WE HAVE A TEAM TO ROOT FOR.  We are NOT A JOKE, capiche?

Anyway, three in a row.

D
E
F
E
N
S
E

Damn

PS: Jaren Jackson?  HOLY SHIT. 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 09:03:06 PM by chipstern »

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: November 25, 2018, 08:52:56 PM »

Missed the game, but Mudiay really had one of the most striking turn arounds I can recall of a player over the last few games. Maybe Lin is the only one that stands out more, as it was also over a longer stretch.

No one with any semblance of sanity expected him to contribute much this season and I feel like a week or so ago was expected to be a likely candidate to be cut so Trier can stay on the roster.

Fiz is the biz. Hard to put this on anyone else.

The way the team interacts, and how they responded even after some very tough losses that could have led to the season spiraling out of control is like another universe compared to what we've seen. I've had my false moments of excitement, but the players really seem to play for him and almost everyone has improved their game on both ends.

He's beginning to seem like a potential Pep Guardiola of the NBA.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: November 25, 2018, 08:53:29 PM »

Most importantly, Knix need a starting PG.
That's the real conundrum facing this team.
it's fun to have yute and depth, but right now, NYK is courting a rather weak starting 5.

Cough.

Ahem.

Yup

Weak.

Knicks just won a Knicks game. It’s been a little while since we even played in one.

Mudiay put a little dot on the point guard role.

Jaren Jackson is a truly scary kid.

I’m starting to think Fizz can coach.

I’m glad our rookies and retreads got a sample of that. There is no way this whole season will be this fun.

I do like what they are doing in Memphis, but they are light a gun for their conference.

Nice F***ing Win!
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
The Mudiay Breakway Slam+1 On The Trey Burke Steal
« Reply #2255 on: November 25, 2018, 09:00:41 PM »

A John Starks Moment

I Am So Proud Of Emmanuel Mudiay

I Am SO HAPPY FOR EMMANUEL MUDIAY

"We're going to fix him..."

Give it up for David MOTHERFUCKING Fizdale.

Emmanuel said before the game that HE WANTED A WIN FOR COACH, that this was a special mission for him to his coach. 

WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH?

Mirasja, it may be safe to come home.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: IT’S OFFICIAL
« Reply #2256 on: November 25, 2018, 09:31:54 PM »

I love this team. Tanking is overrated when winning is so much fun.

;)

* the Burke steal...Kanter all game long
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 09:35:33 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: IT’S OFFICIAL
« Reply #2257 on: November 25, 2018, 10:58:03 PM »

I love this team. Tanking is overrated when winning is so much fun.

;)

* the Burke steal...Kanter all game long

Enes is a beast. I’ve loved him since he became a Knick. Hope we keep him long term.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: November 26, 2018, 02:37:29 AM »

Kanter really dominated.
Played 41 mins.
I was hoping to see him get 30 boards.
MEMf a perfect team for him to play against, as they play and stay Big.
But they couldn't match Enes' power.

Jackson was I impressive.  Imagine if he ups his motor or touches the ball.

I was surprised GRiz rarely took the ball to the rim.  On penetration they much preferred to kick out.  Knix are foul prone -- Kant, Vonleh, Mithc; Franc, Mud -- yet MEM stayed with a perimeter game.  30 3's; 19 FT's.  Thought they did NYK a favor.

Knix displayed a swarming defense that was effective.  Griz took a long time to get into their sets and their PnR offense was perfunctory and uninspired (looked like going through the motions).  Knix had more energy, more fight.

I thought they were smart to have Temple stick all over Tim and make other Knix beat them.  Kanter stepped up and wrecked that.   I always wonder why teams don't play ball denial and keep their bets defender glued to the other team's best scorer.  Try to make it a 4-on-4 game.
Instead the guy defending the best shooter usually sags off in help defense allowing the best shooter easy passes and open looks.

Odd development, that the Knix are suddenly Road Warriors.  And that our starting unit played well. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: November 26, 2018, 02:54:27 AM »

With this starting unit every player on the other squad is going to have to work their ass off. On a one-on-one basis the opponent can expect to get run around (Mario & Timmy), knocked around (Enes & Noah), or both (Mud). This cause wear and tear, leading to gassed bell cows and coaches having to make uncomfortable decisions in the 4th quarter. Burke, Trier, Frank, and Mitch also force hard work on one or both ends. Our frontcourt rooks have to find adequate defensive fundamentals to stay on the floor long enough to even look for a groove, but we have just enough to keep after it on nights it just isn’t going to happen. If they keep getting regular opportunities, sooner or later one or both will start making more out of them.

I feel like the Pistons are in some ways like a stronger version of the Pels. It will be interesting to see how we hold up.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: November 26, 2018, 08:17:01 AM »

Missed the game, but Mudiay really had one of the most striking turn arounds I can recall of a player over the last few games. Maybe Lin is the only one that stands out more, as it was also over a longer stretch.

No one with any semblance of sanity expected him to contribute much this season and I feel like a week or so ago was expected to be a likely candidate to be cut so Trier can stay on the roster.

Doubling down on idiocy

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: November 26, 2018, 09:09:16 AM »

At least DET has a .500 Road record; NOPe just 2-9.

Home dominance:
In the West all but two teams have a winning home record.
(Utah Somehow 2-5 at Home 7-6 on the Road; PHX just bad).
Only 4 West teams have winning Road records -- and all just one loss away from .500

Mavs and Wolves a combined 2-15 on the Road.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: November 26, 2018, 09:33:08 AM »

Willie Naulls, Knicks All-Star and Celtics Champion, Dies at 84

Willie Naulls, a four-time All-Star forward with the Knicks, a member of three consecutive N.B.A. championship teams with the Boston Celtics and one of pro basketball’s early black stars.

A fine outside shooter and a rugged rebounder at 6 feet 6 inches and 225 pounds or so, Naulls was an All-American at U.C.L.A. in 1955, his senior season, playing for the future Hall of Fame coach John Wooden.

He was a second-round draft pick of the St. Louis Hawks but was distraught over the city’s racial climate, his family having moved from Dallas to Southern California to escape segregation.

“To go to St. Louis and its segregated hotels, restaurants, cabs, living districts and attitude was a cultural shock,” Naulls once told the Knicks’ Hardwood Classic website. “As a 21-year-old man, I had rarely experienced that since I was 8 years old.”

But the Hawks traded Naulls to the Knicks in December 1956 after he played in 19 games for them, and he spent all or parts of seven seasons in New York. He teamed with guard Richie Guerin and forward Kenny Sears as outstanding players on lackluster teams.

When Naulls played in his first All-Star Game, in January 1958, he joined Bill Russell and Maurice Stokes as the only black players on the court.

He became the Knicks’ captain in the early 1960s, the first black athlete to hold such a post for any team in a major American sport, according to the Knicks.

Naulls once held two Knicks scoring records. He set a single-season mark in 1960-61 with 1,846 points, an average of 23.4 a game, and another record when he scored at least 30 points in seven consecutive games.

During that streak, his tally of 31 points against the Philadelphia Warriors on March 2, 1962, went essentially unnoticed. On the same court in Hershey, Pa., Wilt Chamberlain had astonished the basketball world with a 100-point game. That night, putting the trouncing aside, Naulls and a few other Knicks drove back to New York with Chamberlain, who was living there while owning a Harlem nightclub.

Naulls shed the burden of playing for losing teams when he joined the Celtics in 1963 after a brief stint with the San Francisco Warriors. He played on Boston teams that won N.B.A. championships in 1964, 1965 and 1966.

Naulls was a basketball star at San Pedro High School before Wooden recruited him. He averaged more than 15 points and 11 rebounds per game in his three seasons at U.C.L.A. but he battled weight problems, bringing him the unwanted nickname Willie the Whale.

His biggest game may have come in December 1954 when his Bruins earned a 47-40 victory over the University of San Francisco, which was led by Russell and K.C. Jones, his future Celtics teammates. It was the only defeat that season for the Dons, who would win the first of two consecutive N.C.A.A. tournament championships.

After all those poor seasons with the Knicks and briefly with the Warriors, Naulls considered retiring. But he changed his mind after receiving a phone call from Russell urging him to become a Celtic.

Red Auerbach, the Celtics’ coach, who oversaw the franchise’s personnel moves, obtained him from the Warriors for cash and a future draft pick.

Naulls was unaccustomed to Auerbach’s grueling preseason drills preparing his team for its fast-break offense, and he fainted during his first workout. But he grew to like playing in an up-tempo style he had not experienced since his U.C.L.A. years.

Naulls was part of the N.B.A.’s first all-black starting lineup, along with Russell at center, K.C. and Sam Jones at the guards and Satch Sanders at forward for a December 1964 game against the Hawks in St. Louis.

Pretty nice career.
An all-star 4 out of 5 seasons for NY in his early/mid-20's.
Then won 3 titles as a Celt role player to close out a 10 year career.
Retired at 31.

In 3 consecutive all-star years he was a 20/10 guy, averaging around 23 & 13.
Before my time. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: November 26, 2018, 10:27:57 AM »

I think Knickerbocker retiring aNaulls' #6 would be a proper move. Thanks for the bio.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: November 26, 2018, 11:59:44 AM »

That was from the NYT.
I cut some out.
I should've provided the link.

It's always good to remember that the Knix have a history pre-dating the championship.  Naulls, Guerin, Sweetwater Clifton, et al.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 1853