Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 911775 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #2370 on: November 28, 2018, 02:46:40 PM »

chipstern

• View Profile
Jizz
« Reply #2371 on: November 28, 2018, 03:00:08 PM »

No

Brainer

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: November 28, 2018, 04:01:42 PM »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: November 28, 2018, 06:43:59 PM »

Found bankshot twitter handle

https://twitter.com/isjanosnba/status/1067835315996356608

that guy's got 30,000 followers.

and apparently kid is one of them.

TFF

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: November 28, 2018, 06:51:44 PM »

Monk is 20

Looking at upward trend PER for all these guys.  Malik 10.5ish to 11.8ish second year.  Should rise steadily then hit a bigger increase one year pre age 25

As always decision will be to reup or deal him.

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: November 28, 2018, 07:08:31 PM »

Missed the game, but Mudiay really had one of the most striking turn arounds I can recall of a player over the last few games. Maybe Lin is the only one that stands out more, as it was also over a longer stretch.

No one with any semblance of sanity expected him to contribute much this season and I feel like a week or so ago was expected to be a likely candidate to be cut so Trier can stay on the roster.

Doubling down on idiocy

Can you explain, please?

I think there was zero chance Mud was a waiver candidate and I think that's what got the impolite response.
Baker or Kornet were clearly of less importance to the team.

Otherwise, even a long-time Mud skeptic such as Bo thought Mud could contribute and improve this year.  I just think he has a ton to work on: judgment, shooting, defense, finishing -- and I don't think he's a genuine PG. But the guy has size, athleticism and flashes good passing on occasion.  Some of what he needed was merely better conditioning, more confidence and more experience.  Besides Fizz let it be known this was a development year, said he was committed to getting Mud right, and PG minutes have been up for grabs with both Burke and Franc playing well at times and struggling others.  Mud has already made some improvement in all the areas I listed.  Still much work to be done.

I just wouldn't get too up when Mud strings together a few good performances, just as I wouldn't get too down when Mud slumps.  He's young and learning and like most yute is far from exhibiting consistency.  Mud like Franc and Knox and Vonleh (and Subpar Mario) is a work in progress.  Development.

Hear and agree with what you mostly write here.

I would add that Baker would seem a likely candidate, but given what I understand is a high effort level given practice I can understand and hear why this would also be a tough call.

Reiterating my point, I do find it hard to think it would have been exactly shocking if Mudiay was the one cut if he didn't perform as he showed recently, regardless. At some point he had to show some value to warrant keeping him if Baker was the better practice player, and keeping another big in Kornet in case one gets injured, and arguably most key, this all due to Trier, who would be taking minutes Mudiay may not get.

Anyway, the point is almost moot now, as things have changed.

The bigger debates rage on now about Frank vs. Trier or Burke and Kanter's long term value from pretty much the usual perspectives as I see it.

Mine is Frank doesn't need to be given up on, is of value, but expectations should be tempered and simply because one is more enamored with the sexy but flawed, yet also improving play of Trier (especially, as I am) it does not mean I hate Frank. Yet, I also think Trier is showing signs of potentially becoming a legit scoring PG, as he has demonstrated more unselfish play.

To knock Trier as a defense of Frank is simultaneously mind boggling to me while reminding me how insanely insecure and willing to dig in no matter what (IMHO) our fans can be, and arguably especially about scrappy players that are good at defense plus young. Toney Douglass and Shump come to mind, but they were lower picks and older.

The age component is also interesting as simply because he is young doesn't mean aging will automatically translate into development of some traits. The biggest one I feel arises with Frank is his level of chuzbah on the court and whether being less aggressive can really increase. I think quite obviously he also get treated harsher also due to where he was selected in the draft, which may or may not be fair. I can see him becoming a strong utility/role player, who may have a chance to be more, but with Trier you just feel he has more of a chance to be more than that.

As for Kanter, the short answer to me is I like him, and maybe he stays, but I wouldn't be counting on that. We would have to renounce him, and also probably miss out on KD/Leonard, and take a MAJOR pay cut (see Brook Lopez)

While he may be a beast against some opposition, like a team who plays with a low pace old school bball like the Grizz, he can also be wildly exposed for his lack of athleticism and length against others, and the NBA is made up of more teams/player like this now. His offensive and rebounding skills are strong, and of course his attitude is enjoyable as a fan, but again I cannot be shocked if he is gone next season, so I'm not going to get too attached even if he wants it badly.

He's been a pleasure to have as a Knick in many ways, and could be a good role player to have around, but will he take that kind of salary? Someone else may be willing to offer him more.

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: November 28, 2018, 07:09:56 PM »

I think Allonzo can play point.  You have to let him try Coach.  You've given everyone else a chance.

He's a good shooting guard. Why mess with that?

Fair point, but I am curious to see if he could develop into more of a combo guard.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: November 28, 2018, 07:42:43 PM »

Celtics back to top dog to win conference (+190 with Raptors)

+750 to win it all

Meanwhile for the division it is Boston +440, Toronto -220.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: November 28, 2018, 07:59:29 PM »

Knix look bad on both ends.

No coherence on either end.

Knix 2-17 on 3's in the 1st half.
Both makes form Zonja.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 08:05:58 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: November 28, 2018, 08:05:19 PM »

TFF

Nah....

I follow 445 .. but not that dude

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: November 28, 2018, 08:27:59 PM »

Only Kanter (36), THjr (31) , and Trier (31) played more than 23 minutes vs Detroit.

We could use a big game from Vonleh (19) and Burke (15).

4 pts combined halfway through the 3rd period.  SMH
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Chico’s Twitter interests
« Reply #2381 on: November 28, 2018, 09:10:00 PM »

TFF

Nah....

I follow 445 .. but not that dude

And I’m No. 2 of the 446 that Chico follows. “That dude” is No. 3.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 09:12:01 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Frank
« Reply #2382 on: November 28, 2018, 09:12:42 PM »

Time to send Frank to the G League.  He needs to learn to be a leader.  He is great defensively but he is not progressing offensively.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Positive Pussies
« Reply #2383 on: November 28, 2018, 10:05:14 PM »

Us positive pussies didn’t see the game.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Frank
« Reply #2384 on: November 28, 2018, 10:21:29 PM »

Time to send Frank to the G League.  He needs to learn to be a leader.  He is great defensively but he is not progressing offensively.

Who is our G-League coach? Maybe he has an offense to progress in.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 1848