Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 906454 times)

Nagel

• View Profile
Re: Positive Pussies
« Reply #2385 on: November 29, 2018, 12:12:30 AM »

Us positive pussies didn’t see the game.

how can you be a PP?

are you taking drugs?

bad boy.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: November 29, 2018, 12:36:39 AM »

how can you be a PP?

are you taking drugs?

bad boy.

The Memphis game made me do it.

Plus the name, which you created, is very ... inspirational.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #2387 on: November 29, 2018, 09:15:16 AM »

chipstern

• View Profile
Positive Pussy Panic
« Reply #2388 on: November 29, 2018, 11:51:47 AM »

In the interests of full disclosure...

Pussy is not for everyone, positive or otherwise. 

The Knicks game against Memphis was so riveting, I texted Mirasja, whom some might recall as a Mudiay enthusiast, going back to that draft night, to suggest he watch the game replay on MSG. 

Having suggested it was safe to go back into the water, the Merciless One takes my enthusiasm to heart, and proceeds to watch a couple of game...Detroit...Philly...as the Knicks..."shit the bed." 

"Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..."

Anyway, looking to find silver hairs among the mold, Dotson and Hezonja (three steals) gave one (well, this one anyway) something to hang on to. 

Elsewise, is it just me, or did Fizz kind of bite the bullet in the second quarter and consciously allow our second unit Pups to not only take their lumps, but to experience what a total beat down against the best in breed looks like?  Raising the bar by lowering the boom?

Philly was impressive. 

There was a play early on where Simmons took the ball into the paint, found his way blocked, feigned taking it back outside the three point arc to reboot, then turned back around and drove to the hoop for a jam.  SLICK. 

The Sixers may have struck out with Noel, Okafor and Fultz, but they sure struck paydirt with Embid and Simmons, even coming off season ending injuries. 

Speaking of Fultz, protestations to the contrary, that experiment would appear to be over. 

Even if determined healthy, why would they start him in the back court with Simmons when they can deploy Reddick, who was certainly a force last night.  Likewise, McConnell is surely a nice energizer bunny off the bench at PG.  Kind of begs the question, pre-Elton Brand, as to why so ever did they make that draft night trade? 

In any event, be interesting to see how we handle the Sixers tsunami when next they hit the Garden hardwood. 

Meanwhile, Milwaukee should provide a more than adequate test on Saturday night.  Be interesting to see how Fizz is able to "build upon" three good wins, one tough loss, and one utter asswhupping. 

The whole subtext of our bigs and puppies getting into foul trouble will surely vex us for a while. 

PS: I most definitely would like to see the Knicks bite the bullet and give Ron Burgundy his walking papers, find a home for Lee, and bring Kornet back up.  We need another serviceable big in lieu of Robinson's foul extravaganzas and on the job training.  The notion, as floated by Berman, of the Knicks looking to dispense with Dotson based on his spurious connection to Clarence Gaines, and thus, to Phuul, certainly seems specious, based on how he popped off the bench with instant offense and energy the past two losses, even after being nailed to the pine in the previous four or so games. 

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: November 29, 2018, 12:27:14 PM »

*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: November 29, 2018, 01:59:22 PM »

It’s nice to see Wilson Chandler so well used and appreciated. Philly has a monster team.

Our penchant for not getting assists is pretty alarming. I don’t know if it’s a factor of being a young team, our personnel, or the system, but we have to find a way to turn it around.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Positive Pussy Panic
« Reply #2391 on: November 29, 2018, 02:55:20 PM »

In the interests of full disclosure...

The Sixers may have struck out with Noel, Okafor and Fultz, but they sure struck paydirt with Embid and Simmons, even coming off season ending injuries. 

And the buyers remorse on missing on Tatum while sending him to a strong division rival AND ceding another first round pick.

The Process wasn't pretty.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: November 29, 2018, 03:18:48 PM »

how can you be a PP?

are you taking drugs?

bad boy.

then i take it back and please look at our record and take a very hard look at the stats .

we can't shoot ( LAST in FG%) 

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/offense-per-game/sort/shootingEfficiency

(or defend (25th in the league)

that's why we are 7-16  which translates to around 24 wins.

i am pretty disappointed in our last two first round picks so far.

Frank looks like a bust offensively and it's simply way too early to make any judgment about knox but i expected much more.

basically the team sucks.  Even KP couldn't save this gang who can't shoot straight.

hardaway is now under 40%.  that's our shooing guard?  please.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: November 29, 2018, 03:38:13 PM »

Frank might be playing through some type of shoulder issue.  Maybe he figures it doesn't hurt his defense.  But he has lost all confidence in his shot.  Fultzian levels.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: November 29, 2018, 03:43:00 PM »

Hoopshype has the Magic showing interest in Frank.

I say steady on.

This is a year to pack beef on and drill fundamentals into Mitch, Knox, and Frank. It doesn’t matter if they see the court. It doesn’t matter if they produce. It’s nice if they show progress, but the important thing is that they can cover multiple positions at a level that helps the team on both ends next season. They are what they are and they need to get better.

I love stretches of good play and hopeful signs.

None of our guards are quite good enough to keep it up when they are the focus of the opposition. None of our bigs or wings give them much support by cutting or screening well. It may be the system or just where these players are at.

I’m interested to see what Courtney Lee brings to the dynamic.

We need at least one more playable big or there will be some games where we just can’t compete.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: November 29, 2018, 03:46:28 PM »

Frank looks like a bust offensively and it's simply way too early to make any judgment about knox but i expected much more.

basically the team sucks.  Even KP couldn't save this gang who can't shoot straight.

hardaway is now under 40%.  that's our shooing guard?  please.

Really? Maybe. A coach might help. Our offense is "go get some points, boys...oh, and dump it in to Enes once in awhile." Here's what Philly was doing, in contrast.

https://stats.nba.com/events/?flag=1&GameID=0021800307&GameEventID=131&Season=2018-19&title=Redick%2025%27%203PT%20Jump%20Shot%20(12%20PTS)%20(Embiid%203%20AST)&sct=plot

« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 03:48:15 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: November 29, 2018, 03:53:09 PM »

Frank is young.  And has size.  Can defend multiple positions.  But for some reason he has mostly been used as an off-the-ball player not a PG.  And I believe Frank sees himself as a PG.  A G-league stint might awaken his latent confidence.

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: November 29, 2018, 05:08:36 PM »

yeah, probably a better use of his time than having him stand in the corner waiting for Burke or IsoZo to finish up....

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: November 29, 2018, 05:49:27 PM »

how can you be a PP?

are you taking drugs?

bad boy.

then i take it back and please look at our record and take a very hard look at the stats .

we can't shoot ( LAST in FG%) 

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/offense-per-game/sort/shootingEfficiency

(or defend (25th in the league)

that's why we are 7-16  which translates to around 24 wins.

I wish I could bring up the posts I made somewhere (here or UK) about Knox and how I felt our fans were going way too crazy over his SL performance, trying to recall the N8 and other former SL great performances and how that doesn't automatically translate into stardom.

Knox could come good, as he is one of the youngest players in the league, but too many of our fans already anointed him a starter who would make a huge contribution this year. I was wary of such expectations and sadly so far is holding true.

As for Frank, a lot of our fans also don't want to face the reality that he may just become a bust or just a mediocre rotation player that sticks around for his D.

That happens. I have had my doubts since we drafted him over the exact issues that we saw in the videos of him and what we saw last season. It's gotten worse it seems now, so that's concerning, and the pressure growing on him especially on social media, which you have to wonder may be affecting him as well.

The idea that we cannot trade or explore trades with any young players, especially those we draft, because we messed up with some others strikes me as grossly negligent and a form of overcompensating. Holding all assets does not automatically lead to gains in value.

The NBA has become the craziest league (to me) with the word "asset" thrown around by fans and journalists more than any sport because of it's economist/lawyer friendly and laymen unfriendly CBA that's led to the pool of journalists that have arisen to fame to come increasingly from such backgrounds.

Frank is an "asset" and accumulation of "young talent" is the way more teams try to improve, but at some point you also may look to flip them into something else. Actually, I think some who talk like this all of the time forget that the players/agents know this and also aren't going to always let you use them in this way.

I enjoy Knicks Film School now, but they were discussing "developing" Burke, Mudiay, etc. and then for whatever reason only offering them 1 year deals and assuming they will take them, and/or trading them so we can get KD. It sounded as if they had no thought about the interest of the player, just the Knicks fan/organization perspective and it was surprising. You don't think they already know this is the idea? Players like this are vying for long term contracts, not 1 year deals and don't want to be used, unless they are getting something out of it.

The team this year knows this is up, but also want to improve their own value and get better deals or not drop too much (Kanter).

Anyway, Frank may turn out fine, but I am a doubter about much more than a role player.

Here's to hoping I'm wrong...
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 05:53:04 PM by PrezIke »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: November 29, 2018, 08:08:19 PM »

Franc's young, has had some shoulder trouble, and the team and his role are constantly in flux.  Give him time.  Coaches can work with him on his shot.  Looks to me like his 3-point shot is almost always short -- front-rimming.

Trier’s two-way G-League contract will be converted to a mainstream NBA contract but it doesn’t have to be for his $838,000 minimum. The New York Knicks never used their $3.3 million biannual exception and could use a portion of it to ink Trier.

One issue is whether the Knicks can negotiate a multi-year pact with a team option if they give him more than the minimum

I assume Baker gets waived.  Unless we can toss him in some 2-for-1 deal.  Kornet more intriguing at a weaker Knick position.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 1847