Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899757 times)

luee

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #2400 on: November 29, 2018, 08:54:43 PM »

Franc looks at best a defensive role player with limited offensive skills. Now 3rd on the PG list behind Burke and Mudiay. Yes a healthy KP and developed KK would help. Wait until next year.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: November 29, 2018, 09:30:58 PM »

Franc looks at best a defensive role player with limited offensive skills. Now 3rd on the PG list behind Burke and Mudiay.

"at best" . . . geez ... maybe for the next month or so.
All Franc needs to do is develop a solid 3-point shot and it will open up things for him and up his confidence.  His release is a bit slow, and he often comes up short.  He'll work on it.  it might take a Summer or two.  Maybe never come.  But if he can hit 35% on 3's, it'll open up his drives and then he can get more FTs (he's only missed 1 Ft this year -- 15-16).

Franc is 18-70 on 3's this year.  26%
If he made just 6 more of those 52 misses, he'd be at a decent 34%.  7 more and he's at league average 36%.
Last year shot 32%.
Take better 3's, get his legs into the shot more, add confidence, and that's all doable.  How soon we can expect it, is unclear.
Lingering shoulder issues don't help.  Shoulders heal slowly.

For this year, let's hope franc can get a few games where he's hot and hits 20 points.  He had B2B 16 and 17 point games earlier this year.
Had 17 & 16 to close out last year as well.

Franc needs to put in the work, Knix need to work with him.  Hopefully we'll see offensive improvement. Burke and Mud are up and down.  Let's wait for Franc to hit an upswing.

Both Burke and Vonleh looked terrible with their first teams.   I thought they were both marginal NBA players.   Both look like fairly useful role players now.  Still have flaws, but they've found roles and developed their strengths.   Have some patience with 20 year old Francophone.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 09:35:19 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Positive Pussies
« Reply #2402 on: November 29, 2018, 09:57:02 PM »

Us positive pussies didn’t see the game.

how can you be a PP?

are you taking drugs?

bad boy.

The Memphis game made me do it.

Plus the name, which you created, is very ... inspirational.

then i take it back and please look at our record and take a very hard look at the stats .

we can't shoot ( LAST in FG%) 

Positivepussyness is blind, especially after a long time of seeing nothing but horrible bball. Then the Memphis game happens, what can I tell you?

OTOH, Positivepussynes doesn't last forever (except for Chip, that is).
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: November 30, 2018, 02:11:28 AM »

https://www.metro.us/sports/knicks-nba-trade-rumors-idea-frank-ntilikina-evan-fournier

Article says Lee and Frank for Fournier.  But incorrectly assumes Lee is an expiring contract.  Lee back to ORL?

Also says could be Frank for Jerian Grant and a first round pick.  Grant a Knick again?

Patience is a virtue. Sometimes.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
Re: Positive Pussy Panic
« Reply #2404 on: November 30, 2018, 08:19:16 AM »

PS: I most definitely would like to see the Knicks bite the bullet and give Ron Burgundy his walking papers, find a home for Lee, and bring Kornet back up.  We need another serviceable big in lieu of Robinson's foul extravaganzas and on the job training.  The notion, as floated by Berman, of the Knicks looking to dispense with Dotson based on his spurious connection to Clarence Gaines, and thus, to Phuul, certainly seems specious, based on how he popped off the bench with instant offense and energy the past two losses, even after being nailed to the pine in the previous four or so games.

Fully agree.

ps Don't they dare trade Franc

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: November 30, 2018, 08:52:16 AM »

Kam - we need an update on your Knicks player power rankings. Do you have your old copy for comparison?

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: November 30, 2018, 10:46:29 AM »

Kam - we need an update on your Knicks player power rankings. Do you have your old copy for comparison?

As of October 30:

Hicks
Kornet
Mudiay
Baker
Lee
Hey,ZoneUp
Thomas
Kanter
Burke
Hardaway Jr.
Vonleh
Iso Zo
Dotson
Hardwood Mitch
Knox
Frank
KP
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: November 30, 2018, 11:11:18 AM »

Knix just used to Orlando's hand-me-down wings?
Afflalo, Courtly, Fournier.

All kind of the same player.
Fairly solid, but less impact than they appear able to provide.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: November 30, 2018, 12:12:40 PM »

I've been meaning to point out that Durant is kind of an asshole and a prima donna.  And that GS has had trouble winning without Scurry and Dray.  But KD has been playing at a pretty high level, so I'll wait until he slumps to do it.   ;)

On OKC I was always critical of Durant because he would slack on D   and make a lot of turnovers in the clutch.  But he defends since being in GS and has been less sloppy, more focused in key moments.  He's become a much more complete player, but that's surrounded by stars and in a great framework. 

I only saw the 1st half of the GS-TOR game.  Raps should have been up by more than 7 at the half after outplaying the Warriors the whole way.  Looks like a great game.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Hello?
« Reply #2409 on: November 30, 2018, 12:36:39 PM »

Berman And The POST

Spare us. 

Why exactly would the Knicks trade Frank? 

Why would the Knicks trade Frank to the Magic?

Why would the Knicks trade Frank for Fournier, when they already have Hardaway, Dotson and Trier. 

A load of crap masquerading as news. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Tick Tock
« Reply #2410 on: November 30, 2018, 01:37:40 PM »

Berman And The POST

Spare us. 

Why exactly would the Knicks trade Frank? 

Why would the Knicks trade Frank to the Magic?

Why would the Knicks trade Frank for Fournier, when they already have Hardaway, Dotson and Trier. 

A load of crap masquerading as news.

Knicks have until December 15th to finalize Trier and perhaps, dust off Lee, although he might have more value to a contender when the February 15th Trading Deadline rolls around. 

Hard to fathom how the Knicks have any other move to make than to jettison Ron Baker. 

Kornet is still a work in progress, but he is a seven-foot work in progress who can nail treys, block shots and give us six more fouls to play around with. 

Baker is a good kid with a lot of heart and defensive tenacity but...

Just stating the obvious

Hardaway-Dotson-Trier-Lee

Mudiay-Burke-Ntilikina

The idea of trading either Frank or DD and keeping Baker, as Mister Spock might opine, is illogical. 

PS: If we are going to be patient with Mudiay and Burke, if we are going to be patient with Hezoinja and Knox, we can be patient with Frank.  I remember when we traded away Darrell Walker, also a defense-first guard, and that did not bode well for us.  Neither did giving up on Rod Strickland for the earthly remains of Maurice Cheeks, one of the worst trades in Knicks History. 

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: November 30, 2018, 01:39:28 PM »

Fournier to Knicks is in the works?

No....not athletic enough!

Heh.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: November 30, 2018, 02:05:31 PM »

Heh.

Not in the works. 

In Berman's shorts.

Hold out for Jimmer, dude. 

Worth noting that Fournier is 26 and his FT shooting and 3-point percentage [29%] is down significantly, though his assists are up. 

This is BULLSHIT, folks. 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 02:08:24 PM by chipstern »

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: November 30, 2018, 02:07:13 PM »

I've been meaning to point out that Durant is kind of an asshole and a prima donna.  And that GS has had trouble winning without Scurry and Dray.  But KD has been playing at a pretty high level, so I'll wait until he slumps to do it.   ;)

On OKC I was always critical of Durant because he would slack on D   and make a lot of turnovers in the clutch.  But he defends since being in GS and has been less sloppy, more focused in key moments.  He's become a much more complete player, but that's surrounded by stars and in a great framework. 

I only saw the 1st half of the GS-TOR game.  Raps should have been up by more than 7 at the half after outplaying the Warriors the whole way.  Looks like a great game.

Missed a good finish

I liked the over 227.5 total. And it barely came in.  Warriors had failed to cover in 8 of 9 before last night but seem to have something figured out with sub patterns and heavy reliance on lead dog (40+ in 3 straight)

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: November 30, 2018, 02:09:22 PM »

Heh.

Not in the works. 

In Berman's shorts.

Hold out for Jimmer, dude. 

Worth noting that Fournier is 26 and his FT shooting and 3-point percentage [29%] is down significantly, though his assists are up. 

This is BULLSHIT, folks.

Nah

You guys have me more intrigued on Jackson.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 1844