Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 1850

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 943092 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #2460 on: December 02, 2018, 02:36:06 PM »

in the Celts TWolves game there were a shit ton of travelling calls on the TWolves

I hadn't seen that many whistles for travelling in years

that and the TWolves living at the line, led to a choppiness in the game.

...about time the Celtics started to get their act together

Brad has a math problem, 240/too many guys.

Jaylen hurt his back a couple of games ago and has sat, so his reintegration probably as a 2nd unit guy with fewer minutes bears watching.

Whether the math problem turns into a chemistry might need a command of psychology 

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: December 02, 2018, 03:20:17 PM »

Just watched replay

Great to see Knicks mob Mudiay at the end

Not sure we can cut him, guys.  Sorry.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: December 02, 2018, 03:39:16 PM »

Just watched replay

Hey, we can trade him and Kanter for Beal.

No brainer. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: December 02, 2018, 03:58:30 PM »

The cut Mudiay ship has definitely sailed. His cap hold may wind up looking like a fortunate opportunity.

Certain guys have already struck lightning one or more times by putting up big games and, in addition, play vital roles in the functional depth of our rotation.

Two, KP and Burke, are on the shelf. Lance is also on the shelf, though his role may be reduced once he gets cleared to play.

Kanter Mitch Vonleh Knox Dotson Hardaway Mudiay are the other solid rotation guys.

Trier has been heavily in the rotation and needs a contract worked out and a roster spot created very soon.

Frank and Mario are vehicles that start but stall and are bubble useful with serious work to do.

Lee has yet to show where he’s at.

Fizz finally thinks it makes more sense to dress Kornet than Baker. This possibly could be a result of Kornet hitting the Marks set for him in his Westchester stint. With our foulathons and Kanter’s defensive limits, having some frontcourt depth behind the 3 bigs we play is good insurance compared to dressing another guard. What this means in terms of Luke getting run remains to be seen. 

Fizz may like Baker nearly as much as Horny did and management may love him as well. In that case, an injured Burke with a smaller deal and a partial guarantee in this year’s salary may be the casualty of numbers that makes room for Trier when he gets his deal.

It’s a good thing we saved our biannual exception.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
No WAY
« Reply #2464 on: December 02, 2018, 05:15:29 PM »

No WAY...

The Knicks cut Burke for Baker. 

It's only money, and Dolan's money at that. 

Ron, we hardly knew ye, and to hardly know you was to know you well...

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: December 02, 2018, 05:37:05 PM »

Mud wasn't getting cut.
Neither is Burke.

Baker (or less likely Kornet) will be jettisoned.

Just want to hold on to Baker's $4M for a little while longer as that might prove useful salary ballast in a deal moving Courtly or Lance (or whoever).  More players become trade eligible after December 15.  Including I assume Zonja. 
And Knix could swing a 2-for-1 trade with or without Baker involved.  And could always see Trier down in the G League for a week or two as Knix gauge deals, if anything seems close to happening.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: December 02, 2018, 05:53:51 PM »

Just watched replay

No brainer.

You can either trust Perry or not.

I like him if he deals Frank while the kid still has some perceived value.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: December 02, 2018, 06:23:09 PM »

Just watched replay

No brainer.

You can either trust Perry or not.

I like him if he deals Frank while the kid still has some perceived value.

Not
Happening

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: December 03, 2018, 12:19:02 AM »

You are a FOOL if you think it won't be considered.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: December 03, 2018, 02:40:32 AM »

I hope Kiid isn’t trying to open up a roster spot for Jimmer.

When the doctors tell frank that the space in his growth plates has been tapped out, his training regimen will change as will his development. You don’t develop defense like he has without hard work. With more hard work you’ll see a 210-215 pound Frank with more stamina and more burst. With the work he has already done you will probably see him take over a quarter or two and swing a game or two with the play he is currently capable of this year. He has done every individual thing you can ask a player to do. His challenge is to stay involved and successful through the course of an entire game.

I hope that Kornet gets his moment and steps up as well as he did in his best games last year if not better. This might help Fizz rethink the value of DLeague in developing Frank if not anyone else. Dot came through it. Burke came through it. Tim did it in his prior stop. If Fizz is working on developing his rotation, he can trust Miller to develop his next man up.

Have Frank roll with Westchester till we come to the deadline or a decision on Trier. What possible harm could it do?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Frank[ly] Speaking
« Reply #2470 on: December 03, 2018, 05:59:12 AM »

Agree.  My FOOL status with The Prophet Kiid, notwithstanding (his Bromance with Jimmer, and Hard On for Frank, already a matter of public record). 

Not sure Fizz wants Frank in Westchester anymore than he wanted Knox or Robinson. 

And with all due respect to Biz, I do not believe that the Knicks have CONCLUDED that Frank is not a PG. 

He has not been BENCHED anymore than Mario or Demyean. 

Fizz seems intent not on benching players but on what parents like to call TIME OUT. 

Not so much as an exercise in sitting in the corner until you eat your spinach, as a point of reflection, a way of observing the game and reflecting on how you might impact it through creative visualization. 

Sometimes, in the creative realm, you need to step back and take another perspective. 

Certainly worked like a charm for Kevin and Mitchell and Demyean in a dramatic overtime win against one of the league's best teams, particularly for Dotson, who has responded to this TIME OUT, and speculation about his contract and trade inquiries with a stretch of dramatic shooting efficiency. 

Now, with Burke nursing a sprained knee, Frank will see some burn at the point, with the template of Emmanuel's aggression and efficiency to motivate him.  Ditto those physical growth issues Facil duly noted. 

PS: Aw Chip, you never want to entertain any trades.  Not so...however, aspersions as to my reticence to package draft picks and assets and SUNDER TEAM CHEMISTRY for shiny objects, and expletives such as FUCK JIMMY and FUCK BEAL, are not so much insults as to the OBVIOUS TALENT of such players, as an expression of my willingness to be patient, based on our Knicks's well-documented and dubious history of quick fixes.  I am certainly prepared to have Forumites mock me for expressing a predilection to dance with the girls you brung, and, to borrow a well-used phrase, TRUST THE FUCKING PROCESS.  So, does that make Demyean Dotson a better player than Bradley Beal?  Does that mean I am too dense to kowtow to the notion that trading our starting center and our starting point guard for said expensive shining object is a no brainer?  YOUR CALL.  What it means to me is that I value our player developments and our draft picks; that the process of watching Tim Hardaway rack up assists, drain free throws [okay, he was 2-4, but 3-8 from trey] and take offensive fouls in the form of charges [#2 in the league] in winning TEAM EFFORTS is gratifying when the majority his shots aren't falling; that watching Alonzo Trier evolve into a combo guard capable at times of initiating the offense and racking up assists is as gratifying as pulling my pud at the prospect of cashing in assets for a shiny object; and that Demyean Dotson may not [yet] rate a comparison to Bradley Beal, but when I witness a stat line against a top tier team that includes 7-9 shooting, on 5-5 from trey, with 5 rebounds an assist and a steal and only 1 personal foul and no turnovers for a team leading +15 in 33 minutes off the bench, well, I'm going to be so bold as to say FUCK BEAL, trust the process, revel in the coming of age of players such as Dotson and Mudiay and Vonleh, and exercise PATIENCE in the nurturing process of Fizz regarding the likes of publically mocked UNDERACHIEVING PUPPIES such as Knox and Robinson as well as BUSTS such as French Frank and Subpar Mario. 

PPS: That's the long answer.  The short answer?  FUCK YOU TOO, Kiid. 

chipstern

• View Profile
The JiZZ WiZZ of FiZZ
« Reply #2471 on: December 03, 2018, 06:11:45 AM »

“Yeah, I think my actions speak for themselves. … No guy has gotten buried here,” Fizdale said. “If you’re available for me, I’ll use you. Just be ready to get out there and play well. Like Dot, there were a few ups and downs for him there, but he never let it bother him. He just came back and kept going.

“I would even say that about Enes [Kanter]. I moved Enes to the bench and he wasn’t happy about it necessarily because he’s a competitor. … But he never let it affect him, and that’s what a professional is. It doesn’t mean you have to be excited or happy about not playing, but it’s how you handle it and the way you go about competing.”

Point guard Emmanuel Mudiay similarly had trouble securing steady minutes early this season, but in 10 games since moving into the starting lineup on Nov. 14 against Oklahoma City, the former lottery pick (seventh overall by Denver in 2015) has averaged 14.3 points and 2.9 assists, including seven of his season-high 28 in OT against the Bucks.

I think the team has a really good mindset of next-man-up mentality,” Mudiay said. “Like I said, there’s no real egos in this locker room. Everybody wants to see everybody succeed, so it’s been pretty good.

“Of course, the coaches are believing in you, believing in the whole team really, and they’re just instilling confidence in everybody, so it’s pretty fun.”

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
A rose by any other name
« Reply #2472 on: December 03, 2018, 03:06:17 PM »

Forum: We tankin'
Chip: Its not a tank guys!

Also
Chip: It's a soft tank

-

Forum: About time Fizz benched Frank
Chip: Fizz didn't bench Frank