Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899381 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #2550 on: December 05, 2018, 10:37:33 PM »

Tatum + a potential lottery pick for Fultz was the trade.

How so?  They didn't like Fultz.

Celts didn't like Fultz, or not enough to draft him #1, but 76ers liked him alot.

I boiled down the trade parameters to its essential elements.

Tatum + a lottery pick for Fultz.

Whether you insist on playing dumb or are dumb does not make for an adequate return on my time.

So I will take it that you would not have made the Ainge side of the deal as you seem incapable then and now how to value the pieces. 

Thanks for confirming.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: December 05, 2018, 10:37:51 PM »

"Stan just a little off"

Heh.  No shit?

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: December 05, 2018, 11:00:06 PM »

Boston didn't like Fultz?  Or they did?  Which is it?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: December 05, 2018, 11:44:05 PM »

Its irrelevant how Ainge really felt about Fultz as it relates to the trade.

Ainge wanted Tatum and got paid an additional 1st round draft choice for swapping with the 76ers.

that you keep trying to change the subject and evading the real issue is funny as hell.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: December 06, 2018, 01:01:20 AM »

"Stan just a little off"
Heh.  No shit?

What I was referencing at halftime, Stan had missed a 3 that kicked off both sides of the rim.  Drove hard, spun and missed a layup.  Got his hand on the loose rebound buy had it swiped away by Bled.  Another driving layup that missed but drew 2 defenders and should have been an easy Drummond O-board, but he was sluggish all night.

With Bulldog Drummond invisible, Jax and Ish playing like ish, and Bullock out, StanJohn was aggressive and tried to provide offense.  But he couldn't get the ball down and had a 3-16 FG stinker.  5 other Piston bench guys (including good ol' Jose) combined 3-18 FG.  DET was getting killed and Johnstan tried to step up.

On D Stan was The Man.  Forced Anti-Greek into a travel.  Covered a lot of court.  One early 4Q Bucks fast break, Johnstan short-circuited by running next to Bled, making a moving double team sandwich.  Stan nearly stole the ball, forcing Bled to pick up his dribble 30'+ out.  So Stan left that job done and sprinted to the corner to guard an open shooter.  Getting there the same time as the pass, for a clean steal.  A great effort play, down 20 or whatever.

Fun player to watch.  Hope he doesn't need to take 8 3's any other game ...   Stan needs to learn how to generate some easy shots, the type that can help a player get in rhythm.

Otherwise DiVencenzo looks pretty good out there.  My 2nd oe 3rd time seeing him get 10+ mins.  He only shot 1-5 FG, but his form is good and he knows where to be on the court.  Nearly blocked a Thon layup as a help defender coming from behind.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: December 06, 2018, 04:42:49 AM »

Ainge wanted Tatum and got paid an additional 1st round draft choice for swapping with the 76ers.

that you keep trying to change the subject and evading the real issue is funny as hell.

Bottom line?

End of discussion. 

Ainge wins, any way you slice it.

The Celtics apparently are sitting on FOUR #1 picks in the first round come the summer of 2019. 

One would think that all four could be packaged to move into the Top 3. 

Meanwhile...

The Tatum-Fultz Exchange pays further dividends for the Celtics, as the Fultz circles the fucking drain.  I find notions that the Knicks should trade for Fultz...well...get a fucking grip. 

MEANWHILE...

The Celtics will get the more desirable of the Sixers or Kings 2019 #1 pick. 

Kings are right on the cusp of the playoffs and the lottery out west.  And unless there is some untoward descent or injuries, Sacramento is a better team this season.  So currently the Celtics are looking at the player they wanted (Tatum) with serious upside, and the #12 pick in next summer's draft. 

Bank?

Why are you engaging on this? 

End of discussion...

Game

MATCH

CELTICS

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: December 06, 2018, 08:41:51 AM »

Where does Ainge rank in GMs? Top 5 and face of Celts.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: December 06, 2018, 08:53:47 AM »

"Stan just a little off"
Heh.  No shit?

What I was referencing at halftime, Stan had missed a 3 that kicked off both sides of the rim.  Drove hard, spun and missed a layup.  Got his hand on the loose rebound buy had it swiped away by Bled.  Another driving layup that missed but drew 2 defenders and should have been an easy Drummond O-board, but he was sluggish all night.

With Bulldog Drummond invisible, Jax and Ish playing like ish, and Bullock out, StanJohn was aggressive and tried to provide offense.  But he couldn't get the ball down and had a 3-16 FG stinker. 

He' a 38/30 career shooter.  These nights are expected.

Continue the love......you and his momma

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: December 06, 2018, 08:56:47 AM »

Liked 5 guys

Figured why not take the extra pick

a)  Jury still out on if he picked the right cat
b)  The PICK is turning much more sour than Danny expected.

Hey - some times you get unlucky.......
(and sometimes you pass on a generational player)

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: December 06, 2018, 09:23:22 AM »

Bottom line?

End of discussion. 

Ainge wins, any way you slice it.

The Celtics apparently are sitting on FOUR #1 picks in the first round come the summer of 2019. 

One would think that all four could be packaged to move into the Top 3. 

Meanwhile...

The Tatum-Fultz Exchange pays further dividends for the Celtics, as the Fultz circles the fucking drain.  I find notions that the Knicks should trade for Fultz...well...get a fucking grip. 

MEANWHILE...

The Celtics will get the more desirable of the Sixers or Kings 2019 #1 pick. 

Kings are right on the cusp of the playoffs and the lottery out west.  And unless there is some untoward descent or injuries, Sacramento is a better team this season.  So currently the Celtics are looking at the player they wanted (Tatum) with serious upside, and the #12 pick in next summer's draft. 

Bank?

Why are you engaging on this? 

End of discussion...

Game

MATCH

CELTICS

Chip

I think thats a fair assessment on the trade. The winners and losers of the trade has been obvious for some time.  At least to most semi-conscious observers.

And this new Fultz ailment just drives home the point.

this thing has turned into a  semi-disaster for the 76ers.

Sac?
So far they've been a lot better than anyone predicted pre-season, most pundits had them as one of the worst team in the West. I figured there will be a reversion to the mean (for them and a lot of teams in the West) and the pick will fall in the 8-12 lottery range.

And with the talk about the Knicks trading for Fultz, I thought I'd have a little fun with kid and see him squirm his way out of discussing the subject or pronounce he was always a HUGE Tatum fan...

LOL

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: December 06, 2018, 10:32:00 AM »

He' a 38/30 career shooter.  These nights are expected.
Continue the love......you and his momma

The problem is almost everyone here doesn't want a player until a guy breaks through and is no longer available and/or no longer cheap.  Guys like DMC on Utah; Crowder on DAL; Dray Green when he was on the bench behind DavidLy; Middle- and Coving- tons.  All guys I targeted and touted, which met with shrugs and disinterest.

Really I'd prefer JohnStan to have another up-and-down poor shooting year to keep his value low-ish.  That's when you swoop in and nab him via trade or FA.  Is there a better defender in the League at 23 or younger?  (he turns 23 soon).  Well, I'd have to check Embiid and some other ages.  So amend that to: is there a better wing defender so young? 

Stan is also excellent on the fast break/open court.  You pay him for his defense and work with him to develop his shot.  If he can finish his drives better and hit league average 3's, then you would have a terrific player on a very favorable contract.  Again, he's almost 23.

I'm not looking for finished products.  I try to find guys with some viable skills who have the ability to develop and progress.  I tend to like defenders and guys with good motors.  And avoid high turnover guys, mistake players, shooters who shoot poorly (Malik Monk) and do little else.

Of course it's hard to know who is highly motivated and is willing to work hard.  As those are the guys most likely to progress.  Fans aren't really privy to that kind of info.  Though I do tend to assume that guys who work hard at defense are willing to put in the time to improve on O.  Because defense takes effort and most guys want to get some touches and shots which they only will if they can score.
Who was that recently who said "they don't pay guys to play defense"  -- Jabari?  That's the mentality I dislike. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: December 06, 2018, 01:13:08 PM »

Celts-Sixers deal

I have no problem with Celts claiming victory on this.  But the return has diminished.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: December 06, 2018, 01:29:25 PM »

Yeah, I guess the Celts probably came out ahead more or less, but ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: December 06, 2018, 01:39:33 PM »

Yeah, I guess the Celts probably came out ahead more or less, but ...

1997 ... Detroit trades Otis Thorpe to Vancouver, who had just gotten over their loss in the Stanley Cup, for a future first round pick
2003 ... Memphis Grizzlies hold their breath and watch as Joe Dumars selects Darko Milicic with that pick

Who won the trade?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: December 06, 2018, 01:56:22 PM »

“I don’t know if it’s a learning lesson,” Fizdale said of Ntilikina’s demotion. “I want him to keep working hard and working on the things we talk about so when his time comes again, he’s ready to go.”

go?

if I'm frank i'm ready to go to another team.

there are others who would love him on their team.

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 1844