Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899265 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #2685 on: December 10, 2018, 04:01:34 PM »

KP Mitch
Vonleh (draft or free agent)
Knox (draft or free agent)
Dotson Trier
Frank Mudiay

Everything else is negotiable
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: December 10, 2018, 04:24:23 PM »

Good to see Tim Frazier has been set free.  I quite like the guy, but ops have been few for him the past couple years.  Last 7 games, he averaged 8 assists and 9 points and 4 boards in 30 mins. 
The guy is feisty and good on the PnR.  Frees up Jrue to play his combo guard game, much like Rondo did last year.

Might be too slight to play in the playoffs, mind you. Like Trey Burke.

Frazier actually plays hard on D, but too hard, and fouls overplaying.

NOPe isn't going far as configured.
Recently they saw ETwaun miss potential game winners.
Their bench is weak.
Using Frazier to control pace and operate the offense steadies things and frees up JRue to play hard on both ends.
Seems NO needs to take a chance, which is probably why they gave Frazier a go.

I want to see them with him starting at Point.  He just needs to settle down, not foul manically, not shoot too much, run the offense.
Frazier is a good penetrator and can slip passes into tight spaces.

His creeping age, the fact he's gotten little use the past two years (I thought WASh should have used him much more), and we already have Burke and a PG logjam is why I haven't been touting him lately.  But I think the guy has talent and can be a solid 15+ min backup in this league.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: tank bowl qualifier match @ CAVS next
« Reply #2687 on: December 10, 2018, 06:41:15 PM »

Big one on the schedule wednesday night in the land of Cleve.  Winner gets to keep playing and a set of steak knives.  Second place is you're fired.

Same night, 90 minutes later:  Atlanta @ Dallas      The TreyTL vs My name is Luka
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: December 10, 2018, 06:48:55 PM »

Kanter only got 18 minutes last night.  Mitchell got 19. 
Vonleh played 30 minutes.  That's 67 C/PF minutes out of 96.
The 29 other "BIG" minutes went to the likes of Kevin Knox.

If KK becomes our small ball 4 (Shawn Marion esque)... Then Mitchell and Noah are our bench bigs.

There won't even be time for a Kanter.

“He knows when he puts me at the 4, I’ve got to go out and rebound,” Knox said. “I’m in kind of a big-man position so I’ve got to go down there, I have to fight in the paint. So he’s really been stressing it, and I have to be consistent with it and get eight, nine, 10 every single game. Especially at that 4 position.

“When I rebound more, the whole game revolves around that and I play really well because it helps me start the break and gets the ball moving really well. I just think when I rebound more, I play really well. And talking to Coach, I’ve just got to do it consistently. It’s hard as a rookie, but that’s the next step — having a good game and back it up the next game.”

Asked if
he prefers power forward over small forward, Knox added: “It’s a little bit easier because I can rebound more, but that’s not an excuse. I should rebound wherever I’m at. Both positions really, I can impact both.”
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 06:50:33 PM by Kam »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: December 10, 2018, 07:58:40 PM »

Even if we can use him as small ball PF, running KP, Vonleh, and Knox gives you every kind of threat with defense and rebounding. You’d see some Mitch and KP together as well as Knox at PF. Vonleh would have to get it done in 20-24 minutes, which he’s proving he can. We still need one more guy who can really play in the frontcourt to fill out the rotation.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: December 10, 2018, 09:55:41 PM »

Kanter only got 18 minutes last night.  Mitchell got 19. 
Vonleh played 30 minutes.  That's 67 C/PF minutes out of 96.
The 29 other "BIG" minutes went to the likes of Kevin Knox.

If KK becomes our small ball 4 (Shawn Marion esque)...  Then Mitchell and Noah are our bench bigs.

There won't even be time for a Kanter.

"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: December 10, 2018, 10:05:42 PM »

Ask for Recep at Bosporus

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Enes says
« Reply #2692 on: December 10, 2018, 11:08:13 PM »

Ask for Recep at Bosporus

Kamster, you know I'd never ask for that SOB.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 11:51:04 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: December 11, 2018, 10:09:58 AM »

Bo - this year's Jae Crowder / Demarre Carroll is Dorian Finney Smith. He's going to get a decent contract this summer.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: December 11, 2018, 10:27:55 AM »

Celts played NO last night are were w/o KI, Horford, Hayward, Baynes so my expectations were modest.

Expectations exceeded, Celts young'uns came through huge, and in particular mostly stashed in Maine (Red Claws) Robert Williams showed more than flashes of brilliance, wth boards and blocks galore in his much needed 25 minutes of action.

He blocked AD twice, was a force on the D-end  and more than held his own.

The alley-oop seems to be his shot of choice so far, but if he doesn't oversleep, with time and more schooling, he can be real-deal defensive monster.

chipstern

• View Profile
KKK [Free Agents, Summer 2019]
« Reply #2695 on: December 11, 2018, 10:49:13 AM »

Be interesting to see if any of the free agents we are interested in are actually on the move. 

Kawhi, Kevin, Kemba. 

I think they all stay put. 

Nagel projects Kawhi as a done deal to the Clippers. 

Mmmm, I'm not so sure.  He has been a very good fit on the Raptors, who can offer him that fifth year. 

Likewise Kevin and Kemba. 

As for Kemba...well, I think we have half a shot at him, being a New Yorker, and that whole Garden connection and all. 

But he is THE FACE OF THE CHARLOTTE FRANCHISE.  And they are building something, seemingly....finally...

Failing our Big Three, to whom do the Prophets Of Hoops project us offering our cap space to? 

As for the received wisdom which discounts a nightly double double, well, we shall see. 

I do not believe that position-less hoops notwithstanding, KP projects himself as a center, but as a Stretch Four. 

Obviously, he will get minutes at the 4 and the 5 spots. 

But he had a good chemistry with Kanter, though the prevailing narrative is that this is meaningless moving forward. 

We shall see. 

A lot depends on the draft, and if the ghost of Dave DeBusshere bequeaths us the mighty Zion, well, the domino effect would appear to anoint KP as our 5, Zion as the 4 and Knox as the 3, or Zion as the 3 and Knox as the 4. 

Anyway, without hope the spirit must perish. 

Robinson and Vonleh and KP as our sole cadre of bigs seems a touch thin going forward. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Chicago White Sox--Dave DeBusshere
« Reply #2696 on: December 11, 2018, 10:58:18 AM »

At the age of 21 & 22, Dave D pitched 102 innings at the MLB level for the White Sox in 1962-1963.

He had a career 2.90 ERA.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: December 11, 2018, 12:10:28 PM »

and at age 24 he became the youngest head coach in NBA history....
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: K&K&K&K [Free Agents, Summer 2019]
« Reply #2698 on: December 11, 2018, 12:18:25 PM »

Be interesting to see if any of the free agents we are interested in are actually on the move. 

Kawhi, Kevin, Kemba. 

I think they all stay put. 

Nagel projects Kawhi as a done deal to the Clippers. 

Mmmm, I'm not so sure.  He has been a very good fit on the Raptors, who can offer him that fifth year. 

Likewise Kevin and Kemba. 

As for Kemba...well, I think we have half a shot at him, being a New Yorker, and that whole Garden connection and all. 

But he is THE FACE OF THE CHARLOTTE FRANCHISE.  And they are building something, seemingly....finally...

Failing our Big Three, to whom do the Prophets Of Hoops project us offering our cap space to? 

As for the received wisdom which discounts a nightly double double, well, we shall see. 

I do not believe that position-less hoops notwithstanding, KP projects himself as a center, but as a Stretch Four. 

Obviously, he will get minutes at the 4 and the 5 spots. 

But he had a good chemistry with Kanter, though the prevailing narrative is that this is meaningless moving forward. 

We shall see. 

A lot depends on the draft, and if the ghost of Dave DeBusshere bequeaths us the mighty Zion, well, the domino effect would appear to anoint KP as our 5, Zion as the 4 and Knox as the 3, or Zion as the 3 and Knox as the 4. 

Anyway, without hope the spirit must perish. 

Robinson and Vonleh and KP as our sole cadre of bigs seems a touch thin going forward.

et tu Chip?

Enes Kanter will be a free agent that we need and can have. Never mind the Kamster.

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: December 11, 2018, 12:47:09 PM »

We don't NEED much from a 23-29 win team.

How much did we NEED Kyle O'Quinn?  Or Michael Beasley?  The Forum wanted to keep both.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 1844