Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900125 times)

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Luka
« Reply #2715 on: December 11, 2018, 10:25:05 PM »

DAL v. HOU.  Doncic was having a messy game.  lot of effort, but not getting much done.  Good plays mixed with bad.  But then down 8 with under 3 mins left, Luca popped in a wide open corner 3.  Then did a step back straight on 3 over Capela!  Hit a short midrange shot getting free in the paint.  then another stepback 3 over Capela.  A Doncic 11-0 run (helped that CP3 missed a pair of FT's in the middle), and DAL won.  Crazy.  Doncic really has a knack.  He works hard and tries all the time, and when he gets hot even questionable shots work.  The guy has that special something.  It will be something when he tightens up his game, but the razzle is part of his package.  Having a terrific season.

DONCIC, that’s the guy I wanted. Pity that ship has sailed!

As far as I know we never tried to deal up for him.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: The double-double machine
« Reply #2716 on: December 11, 2018, 11:32:49 PM »

We don't NEED much from a 23-29 win team.

How much did we NEED Kyle O'Quinn?  Or Michael Beasley?  The Forum wanted to keep both.

Enes is a much better player than those two. Why you want an automatic double-double out of town? Just make a reasonable offer and see if he accepts.

I don't know... i think the value of the "walking double double" is overrated in today's game.

A) With faster space and scoring up there are more possessions and shot attempts taken - so more opportunities to get 10 and 10.
B) He would probably need to average 20 and 15 to make up for the lack of defense
C) Can't shoot threes, or even the standard Kurt Thomas /  David Lee 2-Pt Set shot. 
D) Needs to score off of misses.  Has limited low post game against good defenses.
e) double double in Pt/Rebs is the easiest type of double double to find a replacement for.  He is big and near the rim.  Not an exclusive skill. 
f) He is an "Elite" rebounder on the offensive glass.  Not much else in his game.  Not a slick passer.  Average IQ.  Clueless on D though effortful.

What's that worth?  A Mario Hezonja type deal maybe.  But I wouldn't prioritize Enes this summer and he will probably take an offer before we get around to him.

I actually think the value of the "walking double-double" is underrated. We have to adjust to what we have, not necessarily to what almost everybody else is doing.

and B) a 20-15 average for Kanter is very doable, given enough minutes and continuity.

Kam, your breakdown on Kanter is spot on. You might be overvaluing him. Baker money is the most I’d pay.

Fac, don't be so cheap. You'll regret it.

"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: December 11, 2018, 11:34:59 PM »

DAL v. HOU.  Doncic was having a messy game.  lot of effort, but not getting much done.  Good plays mixed with bad.  But then down 8 with under 3 mins left, Luca popped in a wide open corner 3.  Then did a step back straight on 3 over Capela!  Hit a short midrange shot getting free in the paint.  then another stepback 3 over Capela.  A Doncic 11-0 run (helped that CP3 missed a pair of FT's in the middle), and DAL won.  Crazy.  Doncic really has a knack.  He works hard and tries all the time, and when he gets hot even questionable shots work.  The guy has that special something.  It will be something when he tightens up his game, but the razzle is part of his package.  Having a terrific season.

So? We didn't have anything to offer other than KP and that wasn't gonna happen. The ship sailed when our pick was #9.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
Re: KKK [Free Agents, Summer 2019]
« Reply #2718 on: December 12, 2018, 12:36:26 AM »

Be interesting to see if any of the free agents we are interested in are actually on the move. 

Kawhi, Kevin, Kemba. 

I think they all stay put. 

I think at least one of them bounces. Probably Durant.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #2719 on: December 12, 2018, 12:37:14 AM »

We don't NEED much from a 23-29 win team.

How much did we NEED Kyle O'Quinn?  Or Michael Beasley?  The Forum wanted to keep both.

Excellent point. Forumites fall in love every year with replacement-level players (in the case of Beasley, sub-replacement-value players).

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: December 12, 2018, 01:53:45 AM »

I’d much rather have O’Quinn than Kanter. I’d rather have Beas than Kanter and see what we can get out of Kornet. But untradeable Kanter was the price for getting out from under Anthony. So be it.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: December 12, 2018, 05:55:58 AM »

Knix might have gotten a bit lucky.
I think we wanted KO'Q back but he wanted to Win elsewhere.
In his place we got Vonleh who is 5 years younger.
Maybe we would have picked up Vonleh anyway, but if KO stayed you lose a roster spot for one of Trier/Dotsun/Mitch.  And maybe fewer mins for Vonleh, if we brought him in.

KOQ has played sparingly for IND.
The two fill-in games in which he got over 12 mins he played quite well.  12 Pts on 6-11 FG / 10 boards 2 of each assists/blocks/steals in
27 mins recently v. ORL.  I saw half that game and O'Quinn the mighty eskimo looked spry.
3rd game of the season he had a 16 & 8 2 blocks and a steal game in 19 mins.

I thought KOQ was a great lockerroom guy and held the team accountable on D and made things friendly and fun.
But our lockerroom seems just fine.  Despite a lot of positional competition, guys seem to root for each other and get along well.  Kanter seems one of the fulcrums of team disposition now.  And Fizz.
Maybe an emphasis on D has sipped a bit.  Mitch certainly tries but goes for fakes and is foul prone.  Vonleh a stout defender but also foul prone at times.  I liked how KOQ would make hard fouls, which send a message.  Now we foul a lot but they're often dopey minor fouls.  Sometimes way out on the floor or away form the ball.  At least our foulers are mostly guys trying to play defense hard (include Franc in that).

Anyway, seems that we didn't need KOQ and neither does IND apparently.  But he's a good solid bench player.  he might have just gone to the wrong team.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: December 12, 2018, 07:15:18 AM »

So? We didn't have anything to offer other than KP and that wasn't gonna happen. The ship sailed when our pick was #9.

Right.  I mean....you're not offering Franc for him at that point.

You still aren't.  Folly that you need to own.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: December 12, 2018, 08:15:43 AM »

Re:  O'quinn

Indiana is 17-10.  He got what he wanted.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: December 12, 2018, 09:03:11 AM »

Well, one problem with that scenario is that DAL already had Smith Jr, and ATL wanted Trey.  So neither of them was taking Franc for a chance to draft Doncic.  And I don't think Franc had Top 5 or even Top 9 1st round value after last year.

I'm sure KOQ wants to play.
And be involved in the winning.
Should have gone to DET or NO or WASh
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 09:20:43 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: December 12, 2018, 09:09:56 AM »

I’d much rather have O’Quinn than Kanter. I’d rather have Beas than Kanter and see what we can get out of Kornet. But untradeable Kanter was the price for getting out from under Anthony. So be it.

Huh!  Enes does a 20-15 per 36 minutes, a 15-12 in real time. Yes stats matter. OQ is a 6-3 bench warmer. Beas is 13-5  but over 30yo. There is more younger talent on this team than ever this century with a missing piece or two. Yeah, yeah not enough gritty defensive players like Lee, Noah, and Lance hanging on for one more big paycheck?
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: December 12, 2018, 11:06:21 AM »

Right.  I mean....you're not offering Franc for him at that point.

You still aren't.  Folly that you need to own.

I’m offering Franc for Doncic in less than a New York minute. Problem is Dallas would laugh off the offer, what a joke!

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: December 12, 2018, 01:21:12 PM »

Franc and the 9 for the 3

Many here would not have done that.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Luka
« Reply #2728 on: December 12, 2018, 01:49:36 PM »

Franc and the 9 for the 3

Many here would not have done that.

Well, I’m certainly not one of those many. Been a Doncic booster for more than a year before the draft.

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: December 12, 2018, 01:57:13 PM »

Yeah, was a move up draft.

Atlanta ended up getting 5 and next year 1st for 3. Suspect it would have taken 9 and next years 1st AND Frank to beat that...
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 1844