Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899324 times)

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #2820 on: December 14, 2018, 10:08:38 PM »

Yeah

3 per game guy.

Not so bad.

Add Hachimura to this group and it gets interesting.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: December 14, 2018, 10:10:47 PM »

I tuned in Knix up 1 with 4 mins left 104-103, after some crazy huge comeback.  It was on TV here too, so I didn't have to watch on the computer and could really see what is going on.
So I was rooting for OT all the way.  Just to see more game.

I thought Vonleh played great the 9 mins I saw.
He was bounding tough, driving through people, faking a 3 and then crunching a little fool on a screen.  Just looks confident.
Speaking of, is that Mud's twin brother out there?  He looks so much more confident.  Mud has learned not to always go to the rim where he doesn't finish that well on layups, but bump a guy and then shoot a short shot.  Adds more uncertainty for the defender.  And Mud has been able to free himself up with that little bump.

Kemba played awful the part I saw.
Batum looked good, despite playing in slow motion.
Late in OT Lamb got the ball down 5 wide open straight on and didn't even look at the basket, just passed.  I guess 1-8 sapped his confidence.

Refs let the guys play.
Vonleh bowled over batum .. no call.
Kemba mugged Mud on a fats break ... no call.
Actually I liked that no call, but you almost never see that much contact in the NBA without a whistle.

Anyway, fun game.
Mud, Vonleh and Chop Suey the heroes.
Wow!
(Knox was the weak link last 9 mins ...)
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: December 14, 2018, 10:15:04 PM »

Sounds like Ariza to WASH and Uber to MEMf . . .

developing.

The Washington Wizards were in advanced talks Friday night on a three-team deal in which they would acquire Phoenix Suns forward Trevor Ariza, league sources told ESPN.

Kelly Oubre would be dealt to the Grizzlies with Austin Rivers and two Memphis role players going to Suns, league sources told ESPN.

So the dysfunctional WIZ fall to 11-18 v. the Nets and think that bringing in a 33 year old Ariza for a 22 year old Uber is a smart move.
OOps, he turned 23 a few days ago.

I gte that their payroll is a disaster, which has them nervous about paying Uber-K.  And it's not to get rid of Awful Rivers, though he's an ending deal.  But this is desperation.  I guess Ariza in the adult/Paul Pierce role.  But he's ending and they won't re-sign.  So why not see what they can do with Oubre in the Summer.

Unclear what Memf is giving up, but looking like a nice move for them.
Uber to replace the always gimpy Chandler Parsons.
Conley -    - Uber - Jackson - Gasol
They really need an SG.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 10:44:30 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: December 14, 2018, 10:28:36 PM »

another useless win.  damn.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: December 14, 2018, 10:37:39 PM »

Oubre traded - imagine that

Wiz also deal Rivers, get ARIZA.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: December 14, 2018, 11:02:21 PM »

There’s a good amount of room between us and the team above us. We can afford to win occasionally.

I think Washington wants to get a decent run out of Wall and Beal and figure the rest out later.

Memphis is the clear winner despite having to take on Rivers. The price of acquiring talent is sometimes you drag along dreck as part of the deal.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: December 14, 2018, 11:27:38 PM »

Funny stuff -

Ariza deal now off because Suns thought they were getting Dillon Brooks, not Marshon.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: December 14, 2018, 11:28:40 PM »

Rivers was going to the Suns, by the way.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: December 15, 2018, 02:09:24 AM »

Probably helped tip them toward bowing out.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: December 15, 2018, 03:11:10 AM »

Funny stuff.
WASH front office can't even communicate to other teams properly.

Hey I have trouble knowing who's on MEmf as well.  I was watching an ATL game last week and kept having to figure out who was who.  That guy running around setting 5 screens per play?  Dedmon.  Beefy guy with some burst? Omari Spellman ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: December 15, 2018, 03:29:40 AM »

The reason Wiz are trading Oubre is because he's due for a good payday and they can't afford it because they are paying 3rd string C Mahinmi $17M, and none of their stars is earning their bloated paychecks (Wall bouncing to ~$40M next year!).

Also, unless Porter can cover the 4 full-time, Oubre won't be a starter.  WIZ not in a position to invest $12M in a 6th Man, thanks to Ernie's bad math skills.

Definitely some teams that will want Uber as a 23 year old starter.  I didn't realize how random and iffy MEMf's wings were.  Lotta role players there.

About the only player kiid and I both like is oddly enough Lonzo Ball.
Kiid tends to like erratic chuckers; Bo prefers defenders and more all-around players.
I notice that LaVert pushed his way ahead of Tangelo.  Then after he got injured, Tangelo was supplanted by Dimwilly.  After the Knick game I tuned into the end of the Nets beating the Wazoos, and there was Tangelo nailed to the pine for the last 4 mins as Dinwiddie ran the show.  Might want to ask yourself why  that was?  T'angelo 3-12 FG & 5 TO's.  Dinwiddie 11FT's; 27 Pts.  and since nets just committed to Spencer D long-term and LaVert looks like a long-term G for the Nets, you have to wonder how long Tangelo will be there.  Though I guess any of them could be traded.

Au Revoir used to be a kiid favorite as well.  Not only was he a lockerroom nuisance, but erratic and never expanded his game. 
39 / 30 / 56 shooting splits this year.  Seems like his career is winding down, but he's just 26.  Maybe he can light it up in China(?)  Actually another team or two will kick the tires on him, but he was never worth the contract that his Dad gave him, paying him $12.5M this year.  His main value right now is as an ending deal. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: December 15, 2018, 05:18:14 AM »

another useless post

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: December 15, 2018, 05:51:33 AM »

WaPo:
Luka Doncic has already changed an awful lot for the Mavericks, but he’s arguably making his biggest impact late in games. Dallas was nothing short of a late-game train wreck in 2017-18, posting the NBA’s worst record (12-38) and worst net rating (minus-27.4) in clutch situations. With then-rookie guard Dennis Smith Jr. getting his feet wet and a roster lacking in initiators and playmakers, the Mavericks’ late-game struggles were somewhat understandable, even if they were unbearable for fans.

This season has been a totally different story: Dallas is 7-5 in clutch games. And with a plus-12.3 net rating that ranks sixth in the league, the Mavericks currently enjoy the biggest year-over-year improvement in clutch performance. Doncic, who recently lit up the Rockets with a personal 11-0 run in the fourth quarter, has been a major driver of the turnaround. The Slovenian rookie is 14 for 22 from the field in clutch situations, tying him with Indiana’s Victor Oladipo for the best field goal percentage among players with at least 20 attempts.

While Doncic’s “Hero-ball” step-back threes get all the attention, don’t overlook the secondary benefits of his confidence and craftiness as a lead attacker. With Doncic on the court, auxiliary options including Harrison Barnes, DeAndre Jordan and Smith are able to settle into supporting roles that are more suited to their skill sets, thereby leading to a healthier balance for the Dallas offense.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: December 15, 2018, 05:54:42 AM »

On the flipside:

Josh Jackson, the fourth pick in 2017, has come by those ugly statistical rankings honestly: He’s registered more turnovers than assists in both of his NBA seasons; he’s a below-average rebounder for a 6-foot-8 athlete; and he’s proved to be one of the worst shooters in the league. Among players with at least 200 shot attempts this year, he has the third-lowest true shooting percentage, topping only the New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox and Mario Hezonja. Perhaps the only good news for the Suns, who have the league’s worst record at 4-23, is that Jackson has emerged as a powerful tanking weapon.

Draft analysts viewed Jackson as an NBA-ready wing who could guard multiple positions and help compensate for his lack of shooting with persistent energy. That profile simply hasn’t come to fruition. Jackson hasn’t just looked bad compared to his fellow top-five picks, he’s looked bad compared to his entire class. Of the 53 players selected in the 2017 draft to appear in an NBA game, Jackson ranks dead last with minus-1.9 career win shares. Out of 449 players in ESPN’s real plus-minus database, which tracks a player’s impact on his team’s performance, Jackson ranks 441st.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: December 15, 2018, 06:15:21 AM »

If anyone is wondering why PHX is so bad:

The list of draft mistakes made by former Phoenix Suns general manager Ryan McDonough, who was fired just before the season started, is long. Phoenix has already given up on recent lottery picks Alex Len and Marquese Chriss; Dragan Bender, the fourth pick in 2016, is barely seeing the court this season.

Josh Jax is athletic but struggling.  I've seen a couple good games from him though, where he does bring energy and defense.

Booker of course was a big time hit.  Funny, as it was the one draft where they were picking low -- #13.  Ayton looks good, but needs work on D.   But far too many misses, especially among Bigs.
They also did that weird thing where they had too many PG's (Dragic, Bled, IT) and wound up with none.

I'm not sure what happened with Len.  Initially he looked like a fairly mobile giant.  But his game didn't progress, the NBA changed, and he started to look lumbering.  At least Len is on a very reasonable $4M contract now for ATL.  Somehow he's shooting 56% on the Road and just 40% in 12 Home games.  You're 7'1" -- how do you shoot 40%?
Sometimes his motor seems low, but maybe he's just not focused enough.

You have to wonder about PHX player development.  But maybe it's just on the players themselves. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 1844