Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899537 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #2925 on: December 18, 2018, 02:13:50 AM »

Jeez, PHX waived Awful Rivers and just ate his (pro-rated) $12.5M.
And this while they have a rook PG Melton and 38 year old Craw as their only PG's.

Really I thought AuRevoir was more of a need than Oubre, since PHX already has Bridges, TJ Warren Commission, Josh Jax, and Holmes -- ie they don't really need another SF.

Funny:  I check ESPN's depth chart for PHX and they list Rivers as the Suns starting PG.   ESPN often does a poor job with their depth charts.  But just underscores that Rivers looked like a useful piece.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 02:24:11 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: December 18, 2018, 04:31:11 AM »

Not sure how much longer Mud is going to be able to make some of these tough shots he's been putting up.  His get in the paint, plant a shoulder in the opponent, and shoot a short fall-away J has been a new-found go-to move.  That's encouraging and sustainable, though teams may start to have a 2nd defender sag in from the perimeter to affect that. 

Mud also has been making some good reads/passes at times.  And his penetration has been nice, while his rim finishes seem up.  Still some bad passes and a good deal of off-balance shots.

His confidence level is sky high and that makes a huge difference for players.  Props to Fizz. 

IF Mud becomes a genuine starting quality PG, it raises a few Q's for the Knickers.  What to do with Franc.  The defense of a Mud-Tim Jr backcourt.  How much do you re-sign Muddy for.  Etc.

And another question I have: has Mud developed any chemistry with another teammate.  Kanter first comes to mind, and he might not be back next year.  Others?   I still think the biggest issue for a NYK PG is how they work with KZ.  Which means Mud's (& Franc's) biggest challenge still lies ahead.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: December 18, 2018, 06:00:49 AM »

Mudiay is in really good shape. If he stays healthy, he should easily maintain his counting stats if not up them a decent amount. Because the season is still early, his shuffled in and booty played games still loom large. It’s likely though his percentages slip as teams give him more focus and energy in opposition. Hopefully he stays involved and sets new career highs despite the pressure. I’d give him his tender and pay him over his cap hold if he can do that.

How many players set a career high in any category at Jamal’s age? Not many I’d hazzard.

I’d like us to keep, develop, and play Mudiay, Ntilikina, and Trier as lead guards who can play with each other. I’d take calls on Hardaway, Lee, and Burke hoping they play better and better all the time.

I’d also take calls on Kanter and Mario though there’s no urgency. I just don’t expect them back except possibly as cheap depth filler for one or two if they don’t find better options. If he has more games like tonight’s rather than his better games, Luke is in that list as well.

Mitch, KP, Vonleh, Knox, and Dotson are all keepers to build up. Fortunately 3 are already sown up for next year. I’m done with Lance and hope soon the same can be said of the Knicks.

This is the earliest I can remember being fully behind a tank. It strange though because I fully want to win each game. When it starts to not happen this year, I find it ok instead of maddening. I just hope it stays fun.

TJ Warren isn’t as good as we made him look, but he can play. I think he’ll be a value player through his contract if healthy.

Who takes Rivers for the minimum? He can earn that surely...

« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 06:03:22 AM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: December 18, 2018, 07:29:37 AM »

The "stiff" Josh Jackson...
5-8, 14, 7 and 3

Who called JoshJax a stiff?

You're kidding, right?

Don't be so sensitive.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: December 18, 2018, 07:33:44 AM »

Austin Rivers was horrible after leaving Dad.

May have been a fine player if he found the nerve to stay 3-4 years at Duke

No.  He is no Crawford.

Austin not the guy you think of keeping on for "presence", to say the least.

Back with Clips on a min deal?  We shall see.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: December 18, 2018, 07:57:37 AM »

Yeah.....Suns didn't do too well for Ariz a

Strange 15 mil signing.  Tough number for teams to fit.  And metrics weren't good on him this year

But of course Trev gets a bit of a rebirth now.  They always liked him in Wash. (fans....etc).

Sat likely back to second unit.  And Deker has looked pretty good with KO's minutes.  I think Sammay be kept andblossom.

Jerrya

• View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: December 18, 2018, 12:01:07 PM »

My take so far with 32 games in the book...the season is over.  After watching all games and trying to be patient here's why:

1.  We don't have shooters...good shooters don't miss the rim entirely and hit backboard only or throw up a UFO. Too many of those.

2.  Lack of talent...Take away our lack of good shooters we have below average post players.

3.  Coaching...This might be a classic example of the Peter Principle...Great assistant but not HC material.  Fitz might be a nice guy but his sub patters and variety of lines up are not good for consistency.  Plays too many players... pick your best 8 and go with them unless forced by injuries or fouls.

I see nothing in the near future that can change any of these which brings me to the conclusion there are many bad years ahead. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: December 18, 2018, 01:14:49 PM »

Some of y'all are just now -32games in- realizing the nature and reason for the season.

This Season was over the last time KP played.

The moment that Fugly Greek stretched out his big ass feet underneath the only place KP could have landed ---

That was it.

This season was always about losing with youth.

Fizz is doing a masterful job.

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: December 18, 2018, 02:03:10 PM »

The "stiff" Josh Jackson...
5-8, 14, 7 and 3

Who called JoshJax a stiff?

I said he looked pretty decent in the 2 Suns games I saw, energetic, bouncy, good on defense.

Not too many others here even talk about other teams much.
I did quote an article lamenting Suns draft picks: Bender, Chriss, Len and wondering if Jackson was another high miss.

Well, Fox went right after Josh Jax, so certainly lament is unavoidable.

Rivers would be a good fit in Houston, but he's not playing on the same team as CP3, so scratch that. Clippers' backcourt is too loaded, no PT for him there, not even a roster spot.

Philly or New Orleans or possibly Detroit, those are the teams that make the most sense. I'd like to see him with the Hornets who are desperate for wing play.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: December 18, 2018, 02:03:33 PM »

Latest nbadraft.net mock has us nabbing REDDISH one pick after Cavs take Hachimura.

Again, a joke website. Rui is not going top 5.

I guess you have a guy like Indiana's Langford at 5

That's cool.  Supposedly a nice player.

Or Reddish.... also cool beans.

I want a more seasoned pick this year if possible.  But if we are in the top 5 tough to miss.  Gets tricky further down.

Langford might go top 5, I suppose, but he fall to the back end of the lottery. But I think Reddish is generally accepted as being in a tier above, right at or near the level of Kevin Porter or even RJ Barrett. We get one of those three (or Zion), we will be a very interesting squad going into next year, irrespective of what happens in free agency.

The one top five guy I do NOT want is Bol.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: December 18, 2018, 02:07:21 PM »

Some of y'all are just now -32games in- realizing the nature and reason for the season.

This Season was over the last time KP played.

The moment that Fugly Greek stretched out his big ass feet underneath the only place KP could have landed ---

That was it.

This season was always about losing with youth.

Fizz is doing a masterful job.

I understand some of the calls on Fizz's questionable coaching. 

Coaching for next season as much as this. 

Again, I am on record as being extremely doubtful a high level free agent arrives. 

So, it is down to nurturing what we have, and not losing anyone because of challenges of finding minutes for everyone, and juggling rotations. 

Anyone other than me notice how in one recent blowout, Fizz got Ron Baker some significant fourth quarter burn?

Kiid eviscerates Fizz for finding minutes for the likes of Burke and Ntilikina. 

Fair enough. 

Disagree. 

Trying to get Burke back in rhythm after missing considerable time with sprained knee. 

Trying to build Frank's confidence and efficiency and production...not unlike how he has done with MUDIAY, who God help me, looked like a poor man's BIG O on some possessions of late [Nagel/Carlos' Deity Ogun is preparing to strike me dead for that]. 

Not a tanking season.  Neither a slow tank nor a deliberate one.

But Fizz, Perry, Mills trying to see who is a keeper, and who is not. 

Mudiay and Vonleh the most significant feel good stories of the retreads. 

Hezonja shows signs, but still not there. 

Knox showing significant growth on offensive end...defense?  Call me in March. 

Trier and Dotson responding well to Fizz's doting. 

Timmy up and down, streaky, but taking charges, making passes, doing other things...still, high volume.  Be interesting to see how he and Mudiay mesh when he gets back, and if Timmy can facilitate Mudiay and leave him room to develop offensive game. 

Still have not really settled on any rotations. 

And defense is up and down. 

Effort is generally there.  Kids have a lot of fight in them. 

But when our defense is bad, it is really bad, and you can see the air let out of their balloon. 

Last night, good first half, settled down in fourth quarter, but a complete third quarter shit storm of earthly delights. 

Be interesting to see how we respond to Philly, considering being finger fucked by Phoenix, and the beat-down Sixers laid on us last time. 

PS: Sure missing Trier, who apparently really was hurt.  Considering the inconsistency of our shooting, having guy who can create his own shots...I look forward to some Mudiay-Trier burn. 

PPS: Anyway, so many new faces, so many kids, looking for cohesion and consistency, Fizz grasping at defensive straws with roll of the dice on zone.  This is what a rebuild looks like.  Alas. 

PPPS: Texted Miras last night, offering compensatory fellatio, in light of win 1 lose 5 proclamation for the prince of darkness.  No response to date.  Lips puckered. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: December 18, 2018, 02:23:03 PM »

Austin Rivers was horrible after leaving Dad.

May have been a fine player if he found the nerve to stay 3-4 years at Duke

No.  He is no Crawford.

Austin not the guy you think of keeping on for "presence", to say the least.

Back with Clips on a min deal?  We shall see.

Memphis.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: December 18, 2018, 02:23:52 PM »

Memphis gets him after all.  No picks required.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: December 18, 2018, 04:33:02 PM »

Memphis holding off. May have something todo with buyout negotiations between Rivers and Suns.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: December 18, 2018, 05:14:42 PM »

Memphis gets him after all.  No picks required.

Mem wasn't getting him in the initial deal.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 1844