Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 1861

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1145404 times)

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #3045 on: December 23, 2018, 09:09:10 PM »

If we have Barrett or Reddish to go with KP and Knox, why wouldn't KD consider us?

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: December 23, 2018, 09:11:23 PM »

Really don't think there is any chance Hardaway is dealt.

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: December 23, 2018, 10:04:01 PM »

If we have Barrett or Reddish to go with KP and Knox, why wouldn't KD consider us?

GS is a great team.  NY is a bad team.  could that be a reason?

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Trauma warning
« Reply #3048 on: December 23, 2018, 10:48:39 PM »

Nagel, stop it!

You’re being too logical for Chico.

What if he gets traumatized by your lack of sensitivity??? What you gonna do, celebrate?
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
???
« Reply #3049 on: December 24, 2018, 01:38:13 AM »

Money?

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: December 24, 2018, 03:08:30 AM »

Really don't think there is any chance Hardaway is dealt.

This year and offseason, I'd mostly agree.
I doubt we'd jettison Tim until KZ is re-signed.
That's the top priority, and not a good look of loyalty (unless KZ isn't a Tim fan).  Also Tim helps entice FA's, who can project Hardaway as 3rd scoring option (behind KZ and the FA).  And lastly, probably another year before one of Trier or Dotson can legitimately be projected as a starting SG and a cheaper version of Tim.  Being overly yute-oriented isn't that appealing to a vet FA.  And if rumors got out that Tim was being shopped, that would be a distraction.

Then there's also the Catch-22 of Tim's play.  If he continues to slump and/or get dinged up, he's hard to trade.  And if he bounces back and plays well, Knix more likely to want to keep him. 

Of course it matters what the return would be.  Knix almost certainly looking to move Courtly.  But you could move Tim and have Courtly be a placeholder for another year until Trier/Dot are ready.  With the gain being cap space.  The mythical Tim for Wes' ending deal.  I also don't think it's easy to construct a deal for Tim.  The starting SG position has solidified significantly leaguewide the past 2 or 3 years.  You need a team that needs an SG and 3 point sniping and has $17M of contracts they are willing to send out.  A team like DET has Reg "Never Mind The" Bullock starting and needs the outside bombing, but what do they have to offer?

In any case, it's clear that Knix have an SG glut.  As Ron Baker knows too well.  So while Courtly is likely on the block, I imagine some Knix execs have questioned whether Tim is the right player going forward.
Hell, I'd say KZ and to a lesser extent Knox are the only 2 Knicks in the definite long-term plans.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: December 24, 2018, 03:37:37 AM »

Didn't say he couldn't score
You give KO more credit than most assessments when the deal was made.

Uber can score, rebound, hustle, defend fairly well.
Turned 23 last week.
The issue with him is how much his next contract will be.
I'd guess around 12M (+/- 2M).  Could the market push him up to $16, which would be worrisome.

Uber needs to put on some muscle.  To me, he projects as a legit starter next year or the year after.  Which requires an adjustment.  Then develop a more consistent 3 point shot -- he has a good foundation now.  Then later, he could learn to create and dish some. 

Seems the type to continue to work hard after he cashes in -- his game depends a lot on movement and effort.  But we don't really know a player's mentality, lifestyle, distractions, commitment, mental toughness -- except for the glimpses we get on court.

I don't care about the lack of assists, because he does a lot else well.  I'd rather he gain extra muscle/weight to be able to defend stronger F's better.  And become a more consistent 3-ball threat.  When I watched WASH Uber wasn't a ball stopper who'd pound or go one-on-one.  Mostly he'd get the ball on cuts or off rebounds or for catch-and-shoot 3's.  That was his role.  I thought Wiz should have had him cutting and backdooring more.  If he didn't shoot or drive quickly, he'd keep the ball moving, but usually just back to one of the stars.  Which is fine.  He wasn't turning the ball over or forcing anything.  And as an SF, I'm less concerned about passing than I would be for a G.

Uber is a young player with a nice active game.  The question is whether he can take it to another level.  To repeat, I'm more concerned with his 3 & D progression than whether he can get assists.  As with many young players these days, his next contract is a year or two ahead of his development.  So you're paying somewhat dearly for potential and promise.    Used to be that a 23 year old would be on rookie scale.  Now he's cashing in already and set to make starter money.  That's the conundrum with Uber and many other emerging yute.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: December 24, 2018, 06:47:30 AM »

Austin Rivers has agreed to a guaranteed deal for the rest of the season with the Houston Rockets, a league source told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Rivers will likely help Houston replace Chris Paul, who will miss at least two weeks with a Grade 2 strain of his left hamstring suffered in Thursday's loss to the Miami Heat.

Rivers and Paul had an acrimonious history with the Clippers, but sources said Paul had no objections to the Rockets' decision to sign Rivers.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: December 24, 2018, 08:09:24 AM »

No.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: December 24, 2018, 08:46:09 AM »

"If Hardawa continues to slump...."

Scored 27 4 nights ago.

bodiddley

• View Profile
A Tale of Two Teams
« Reply #3055 on: December 24, 2018, 09:06:10 AM »

Repeat after me:

One game is meaningless.
One game is meaningless.
One game is meaningless.

Last 4 games Tim is 6-24 on 3's.  His supposed specialty.
Under 40% FG for the season.

After a hot start (8 games in OCt 43% FG and 41% on 3's), his efficiency has been poor.

You can mark his current slump to Nov 23 v. TOR when he scored 7 points in 36 mins on 2-15 FG; 1-7 on 3's.
3 games later he had a 1-11 stinker v. PHI to end the month.

Since Nov 23, Tim's shooting 35% FG.  Up until the last 2 games, his FTA's had taken a huge hit as well.
That's 14 games, nearly half of what he's played so far this year.  We're talking a full month of 35% FG.  So don't humbug me with a single game or some other small sample theater. 
It's been a tale of two seasons for Tim.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 09:19:29 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: December 24, 2018, 09:19:18 AM »

Exactly.

Leaving the Warriors happens if he's happy with his two or three titles but wants to win somewhere where he, not Curry, is loved/feted/granted the legacy.

For that reason, I don't see the Lakers as a realistic option. Celtics, Heat, Raptors are unlikely because a sign-and-trade won't work.

I would handicap it:

Warriors: 35%
Clippers: 26%
Knicks: 24%
Nets: 5%
Lakers: 5%
Field (Mavs being most likely among this group): 5%

For Klay:

Warriors: 75%
Lakers: 15%
Clippers: 5%
Knicks: 4%
Field: 1%

Kawhi:

Raptors: 40%
Clippers: 40%
Lakers: 15%
Field: 5%

Kemba is the star most likely to leave, in my opinion, since just about any other situation will be better than Charlotte:

Hornets: 30%
Knicks: 25%
Clippers: 20%
Nets: 10%
Lakers: 10%

Butler:

Sixers: 65%
Clippers: 20%
Lakers: 10%

Dr Tobias Funke Harris:

Clippers: 70%
Nets: 15%
Knicks: 10%

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: A Tale of Two Teams
« Reply #3057 on: December 24, 2018, 09:44:31 AM »

Repeat after me:

One game is meaningless.
One game is meaningless.
One game is meaningless.

Last 4 games Tim is 6-24 on 3's.  His supposed specialty.
Under 40% FG for the season.

After a hot start (8 games in OCt 43% FG and 41% on 3's), his efficiency has been poor.

You can mark his current slump to Nov 23 v. TOR when he scored 7 points in 36 mins on 2-15 FG; 1-7 on 3's.
3 games later he had a 1-11 stinker v. PHI to end the month.

Since Nov 23, Tim's shooting 35% FG.  Up until the last 2 games, his FTA's had taken a huge hit as well.
That's 14 games, nearly half of what he's played so far this year.  We're talking a full month of 35% FG.  So don't humbug me with a single game or some other small sample theater. 
It's been a tale of two seasons for Tim.

40% for the month

And year

35% from 3

Month

And year

18 ppg in December.  Nicked up a bit so makes a little sense.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: December 24, 2018, 10:59:54 AM »

Next up, Mudman.

This article agrees with what I've said.  Mud is taking (and making) a lot of tough shots lately.  Interspersed with some bricks.  So you have to wonder how sustainable his significant scoring uptick is.
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/thats-pretty-interesting-3-and-d-not-enough-anymore-raptors-glaring-flaw-and-monitoring-emmanuel-mudiay/

(you have to scroll down for the Muddy comments, which includes clips of 4 tough made shots v. PHX)

He has never been known as a shooter, but lately he has aggressively called his own number. I have frankly been stunned by the degree of difficulty on some of his shots, but New York Knicks coach David Fizdale seems pleased with his boldness.

"I think his confidence is up, knowing that I'm going to give him full throttle to shoot open 3s and take those shots," Fizdale said. "I'm really happy with the way he's been attacking."

A third of Mudiay's made field goals against the Suns made me shake my head.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Mudiay
« Reply #3059 on: December 24, 2018, 12:21:54 PM »

Don't have many options now, do we? 

Kemba Walker?

Remote.  Far more remote than Biz handicaps it...plus, I do not see Mills-Perry maxing him out.  Hell, people are still pooping their shorts about Timmy's contract. 

Kemba Walker IS NOT Joakim Noah, but a thousand times bitten, twice shy. 

Dinwiddie would've been my target in the offseason, but the Nyets precluded that. 

Terry Rozier? 

There's a thought. 

But at what price?

PS: The entire is it sustainable narrative on Mudiay seems a tad...odd.  He is blossoming before our eyes.  I suppose, given the up and down paradigm that IS Timmy Hardaway Jr., perhaps it is too early to...BELIEVE THE EVIDENCE OF ONE'S EYES.  Still, encouraging.  Meanwhile, time to get Trey back in the scrum, and maybe get Frank a lap dance or something to loosen his loins.  Keep the competition coming. 
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 1861