Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 1861

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1145340 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
The Gift That Keeps Giving
« Reply #3075 on: December 24, 2018, 08:48:58 PM »

Kawhi Leonard

L.A.  Clippers.

PS

Fuck you

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #3076 on: December 24, 2018, 09:01:17 PM »

Fair enough. 

And who exactly are those free agents who WANT TO LEAVE THEIR TEAMS. 

Name ONE.

Candidates emerge as teams underachieve in or miss the playoffs or owners become stingy. It’s less likely for the top tier thanthe next tier.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
PEACE
« Reply #3077 on: December 24, 2018, 09:38:19 PM »

We do suck, Chip. Tied for 3rd worst record in the league.

We’re also playing without our best player and getting more from young complimentary players then they have ever produced before. It’s not enough to win much, but when you have no shot at winning it all, not winning much is just the thing to do.

Unless and until KP comes back and shows he is at least as effective as he was, there are more attractive destinations than NY for FAs that do in fact want to leave their teams.

"Well I may be wrong, but ...

... I am not familiar with the sensation."

Granny Chip explains to James Brown, back in the day.

And, by the way, HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 09:47:26 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: December 25, 2018, 12:23:43 AM »

Rozier is a genuine PG who plays D and can hit 3's. 
I think he'd bring more consistency too.
I'd say that's a significant upgrade over Mud.
Rozier could look pretty good playing alongside KZ and Knox.

Nothing odd about trying to evaluate Mud.  That's what this year is about.  If a lot of what is working for him now is making rather tough shots, it's fair to worry how long that will continue, especially since he has not been known as a shooter.  Suddenly he's a mid-range genius who hits some crazy 3's to boot.  Uh, okay.  Mud is still iffy on D, throws some wild passes, bricks some shots badly, doesn't finish at the rim that well.  My main plus for Mud is he gets into the paint well, and has become adept at planting his shoulder and fading for a short midrange.  That and his passing/vision has improved.  Is he a starter ona  good team?  How much is his production worth?

Is that the Rozier who scores 8 a game? Oh yes 3 assists.  Look better with Franky and Lance. Gritty defensive player.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: December 25, 2018, 04:08:37 AM »

You can't just wait for a player to blow up and then try to get them in a trade or RFA, as you'll pay heavily.  [Though that's very typical l here].  You have to project what a guy can develop into.  Hell, I was trying to trade Melo for Jaylen and Rozier when both of them were largely stuck to the bench.

Look at how the Knix Bought Low on Vonleh, Burke, Mud.  We might have 2 or 3 rotation pieces from these low level/low-risk pickups.  Which is why I think the criticism regarding signing Zonja is misguided.  It was a good calculated gamble on a guy with physical and some on-court skills.  Low risk, high potential reward.  If it doesn't work out, we part ways in the off-season.  I was a pretty harsh Mud critic, but still thought it was a good move to bring him in and see if the Knix could "get him right." 

Rozier, like Uber, is one of those guys who has shown nice flashes and a varied skillset, but are looking to cash in before they've really proved out.  For young guys whose games I like and are coming off their rook contracts and into RFA, I actually hope they slump some so they can be picked up cheaply.  Of course then the bloom is off and you have to have confidence in your evaluation and development system.  But it's to our benefit if guys like StanJohnson, Uber, Rozier (or whoever else is intriguing and going into RFA status) struggle some this year.  Nothing makes Bo more nervous than guys who put together a fine contract year season. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: December 25, 2018, 08:21:12 AM »

You can't just wait for a player to blow up and then try to get them in a trade or RFA, as you'll pay heavily.  [Though that's very typical l here].  You have to project what a guy can develop into.  Hell, I was trying to trade Melo for Jaylen and Rozier when both of them were largely stuck to the bench.

Look at how the Knix Bought Low on Vonleh, Burke, Mud.  We might have 2 or 3 rotation pieces from these low level/low-risk pickups.  Which is why I think the criticism regarding signing Zonja is misguided.  It was a good calculated gamble on a guy with physical and some on-court skills.  Low risk, high potential reward.  If it doesn't work out, we part ways in the off-season.  I was a pretty harsh Mud critic, but still thought it was a good move to bring him in and see if the Knix could "get him right." 

Rozier, like Uber, is one of those guys who has shown nice flashes and a varied skillset, but are looking to cash in before they've really proved out.  For young guys whose games I like and are coming off their rook contracts and into RFA, I actually hope they slump some so they can be picked up cheaply.  Of course then the bloom is off and you have to have confidence in your evaluation and development system.  But it's to our benefit if guys like StanJohnson, Uber, Rozier (or whoever else is intriguing and going into RFA status) struggle some this year.  Nothing makes Bo more nervous than guys who put together a fine contract year season.

Well done. 

Jerome James, anyone. 

Mudiay and Vonleh certainly not projecting for more than Dinwiddie money. 

I like Rozier.  I love Walker. 

Still, the idea of tossing wheel-barrels full of cash at them makes me nervous.  Not because it's my money, but because cap space flexibility is more than just a matter of being ready to strike is and when a Durant or Anthony Davis comes on the market, but is just prudent in terms of player development on those low risk rolls of the dice BoD has outlined, let alone for when other teams are looking to shed salary/talent, or when being the third wheel in a trade can yield draft picks, because one has cap space available. 

PS: Melo for Jaylen and Rozier? 

PPS: Melo for Kanter, Mudiay and Robinson. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: December 25, 2018, 11:19:49 AM »

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: December 25, 2018, 01:46:32 PM »

Looks like the funk has returned to Mud.
And non-slumping Tim is 4-17 FG.
Good thing MIL missed 16 straight 3's.
So we're only down 13.

I really enjoy watching Brogdon.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 01:48:36 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: December 25, 2018, 01:56:28 PM »

Whatever happens, let's just not embarrass ourselves on Christmas.

Oops.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: December 25, 2018, 01:56:40 PM »

My Christmas Wish is for THJ to get out of his slump long enough for us to trade his a$$.

*** think his old man ruined his head somehow
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 01:58:55 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: December 25, 2018, 02:02:32 PM »

Hmmm

Statline not pretty for EM but Knicks have sure been better with him out there.

Poor Burke.  Must be about 75% health right now.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 02:46:26 PM by kiiidcarter8 »

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: December 25, 2018, 02:05:20 PM »

Don't know why Fiz went back to Burke after the first half.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: December 25, 2018, 02:10:12 PM »

Dislike listening to Billups.
Lotta platitudes.
Extends minor points on and on.
Likes to refer to himself and who he played with.
Often gets things wrong.  (said, Knox always plays at a controlled pace, when Knox was just talking about how the game only recently slowed down for him).

In other announcing news, I think Wally does a great job post-game, but his in-game commentary is just off.  Doesn't have a flow, doesn't sound comfortable, or hasn't developed a style yet.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: December 25, 2018, 02:39:41 PM »

CB is the worst ever. Marble mouth, unlistenable. I came late and thought I was hearing the Lithuanian broadcast on the web, say what! Burke and Lonzo need time to shake the rust, no problem, take a week or two.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: December 25, 2018, 05:31:34 PM »

Ahhhh...

Just settling into check out the Tatums.

Butler should go off.

Always love to see Kyrie and Jaylen play.  TJ as well.
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 1861