Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 1861

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1145095 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Excuses
« Reply #3105 on: December 26, 2018, 12:02:38 PM »

Kanter

Underplayed.  Underutilized.

Discuss.

But Lopez scored 20 in similar minutes.

Enies, great teammate and all,  doesn't make his own offense.  He needs to be assisted or score off of a miss.

His limited game outside of 5 feet isn't enough to account for what he gives up.

Bucks scored in the paint at will. We had to bring in Kornet to stand a chance.  At least he might block a shot.

Next year our top 4 PF/C platoon could be starters playing 33 minutes per: KP, Vonleh,
                                                             subs: Mitch, and Kornet,
                                                             with some small ball lineups eating away at the PF/C minutes

If you do not count rebounds. 14- 11 has to be respected except for those who value intangibles.

What season have we not had a player on the team who couldn't get a double-double?  It's not a rare thing.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #3106 on: December 26, 2018, 12:08:51 PM »

Good to see Knox with some 2nd half activity.
One thing I noticed is that he sometimes hunches down or leans with his paint shots, making himself smaller.  You're 6'9" or taller, go up and make yourself taller.  The hunch worked for him on some flip shots, but that'll get snuffed out. 

Re: Dray.
A perennial defensive player of the year candidate who leads his championship team in assists.  Probably just overrated . . .

Would you - if you were not the Warriors -  pay him the max and hope he gets assists on a team without three of the most gifted basket makers of all time?

Let's see his assists when he plays for Brooklyn.  He will still get some as you hope he isn't shooting much.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: December 26, 2018, 12:27:49 PM »

I don't care if a player is an ass, as long as he's a hard-working ass (and not alienating his teammates).  Dray arguably cost GS one title with stupid behavior.  And got in KD's face which made GS very nervous. 

A guy like Rasheed let his temper and attitude diminish his performance.  He was still a good player, but could've been great.
Dray (usually) channels his emotions to play harder and better.
But it's a fair question if he's let some of this go to his head this year.

As for paying Dray the max or something hefty near it ... I'd be super-concerned.  And it depends on GS other options.  But Dray was playmaking at a high level before Durant arrived.  And I'd rather have Curry-Klay-Dray than Curry-Klay-Durant.  Though that was more true before KD started to play D and when Dray used to shoot at a respectable level, which has dropped off this year. 

But really, GS needs to keep at least one of KD or Dray.
So I'd be inclined to offer Dray a large salary but not max.
And have more leverage if KD re-signs.  If KD resigns, than probably necessary to pay Dray what he wants or close to it.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: December 26, 2018, 12:33:45 PM »

Oh, I see I misread your question.
I was talking should GS max Dray.

Should another team max Dray?
How much is his max?
$30M to start?$35M?
Knix are paying $36M this year to Tim/Courtly/the Ghost of Noah.

Depends on your cap, team structure, fit, playoff contention level.
Wouldn't Dray be perfect on NOPe?
POR could certainly use him to kick some ass.
Dray for Otto Porter?  Could he help resurrect WIZ?
I'd rather try him than aging Ariza.
Dray would be gold on HOU.
DET?  With Drummond and Blake?  They could certainly use the passing and toughness.

I don't think too many teams with playoff/contention aspirations have max cap space.  Wiz and Blazers have a very high payroll (which is why I suggested trading Porter for Dray).
But yeah, I could see Dray fitting in on some teams quite well.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Excuses
« Reply #3109 on: December 26, 2018, 07:23:43 PM »

Kanter

Underplayed.  Underutilized.

Discuss.

But Lopez scored 20 in similar minutes.

Enies, great teammate and all,  doesn't make his own offense.  He needs to be assisted or score off of a miss.

His limited game outside of 5 feet isn't enough to account for what he gives up.

Bucks scored in the paint at will. We had to bring in Kornet to stand a chance.  At least he might block a shot.

Next year our top 4 PF/C platoon could be starters playing 33 minutes per: KP, Vonleh,
                                                             subs: Mitch, and Kornet,
                                                             with some small ball lineups eating away at the PF/C minutes

If you do not count rebounds. 14- 11 has to be respected except for those who value intangibles.

What season have we not had a player on the team who couldn't get a double-double?  It's not a rare thing.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: December 26, 2018, 08:16:49 PM »

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: December 26, 2018, 10:18:03 PM »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
FWIW if we don't win the lotto
« Reply #3112 on: December 26, 2018, 10:34:13 PM »

Hope New Orleans gets Zion.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: December 26, 2018, 11:18:38 PM »

I played it five times. New Orleans got #1 twice! The Jazz did once! Knicks never did better than 4....
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: December 26, 2018, 11:25:37 PM »

I played it five times. New Orleans got #1 twice! The Jazz did once! Knicks never did better than 4....

I got Minny twice, New Orleans once, the Knicks once and Washington once

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: December 27, 2018, 12:35:23 AM »

I think you don't understand what I mean by front-running.  But you can certainly look to his getting suspended in the 2016 Finals as an example of it.

I honestly don't understand the term. If anyone can elucidate, I'd be grateful...

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: December 27, 2018, 01:28:18 AM »

I understand it to mean that when things are going well a player contributes and rides the wave; but when adversity hits and things head south the guy makes it worse and becomes a negative reinforcement. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: December 27, 2018, 01:42:49 AM »

So far the Donkey ride has been pretty wild.
Doncic v. NOP: 0-5 on 3's.  But 11-12 FT.  Missed a triple-dub by one rebound.

Game before v. POR, Doncic was having a rough game (finished 7-21 FG).  Missing some shots.  And late 3Q, Blazers went right at him 3 straight possessions.  With Mo Hark scoring twice and Aminu once with Doncic getting abused.  So it's a rather poor 2nd half for Doncic, but then with 0.6 secs left he gets an inbounds pass and shoots a high arcing contested 3 from the corner while falling out of bounds.  Swish!  Game into OT.  Crazy stuff.  Kid competes.  First game I've seen where a team really took advantage of his D.  Donkey did have a mild hip injury which had him as questionable.
But the tough shots Donc hits in the clutch -- often stepback 3's -- are impressive (if a little crazy at times).

Can't wait til he ups his conditioning, learns the league, and just tightens up his game some.  Mavs might have their Dirk/cornerstone replacement.  Meanwhile Dirk is extra gimpy and fading out.  Be a great story if they make the playoffs and Dirk can be a contributing bench player.  That might be where things stand now, trying to get Dirk healthy and in condition for the playoffs.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: December 27, 2018, 01:57:15 AM »

Knix with worst Home record in NBA: 4-12.
Tied with Bulls and Suns for 2nd worst record; just a game behind Cavs.

Fizz doing a terrific job of instilling confidence, getting everyone to mins and to play hard, while losing.

A losing record and high draft pick is what we need since KZ is out.
Add a Top 5 pick to a KZ, Knox, Vonleh, Mitch frontcourt, and a Tim, Franc, Trier/Dotson, Mud backcourt.
Maybe hook a quality FA.  Search for a starting-level PG.  Stir.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: December 27, 2018, 10:28:37 AM »

Bucks again?  Schedule-maker never did an Xmas home and home before that i can remember.
Seems cruel and unusual on the heels of our xmas massacre.

Maybe Mario will get to nut punch Giannis this time.
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 1861