Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899581 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #3495 on: January 11, 2019, 11:00:21 PM »

Doesn’t look like we’ll be seeing Timmy for a few weeks. Dot should have that spot locked in before he’s ambulatory again.

Getting Mitch and Frank back will be helpful.

I don’t know what Mudiay is at this point. 2 assists to 3 turnovers hardly makes him a point guard.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
Re: From the You can't make this Up! dept.
« Reply #3496 on: January 11, 2019, 11:53:10 PM »

Enes troubles all stem from his open mouth.

Kanter sitting out ill from practice because he ate too many cheeseburgers.

You guys aren't embarassed by his terrible defense
You aren't embarassed when he stupidly tweets opponents like Devin Booker who comes back roast him
What about when he can't practice because he tweeted himself eating 7 cheeseburgers??!

HOW ARE YOU NOT EMBARRASSED BY THIS FOOL??

HE is a laughingstock.

Starbury level pariah

the funny thing, Kam, is he's not.

but you with your obsession have certainly made yourself the laughingstock of this forum

Yeah... Enes eats himself out of town but i'm the bad guy.

He's right, man.

You've never been a tedious motherfucker, but I have no idea what's going with you now. We get it. You don't like Kanter. Are you going to spend another 10,000 messages telling us that?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: January 12, 2019, 02:41:25 AM »

Ball’s education continues.

Hopefully Kanter to Sacto will be concluded soon.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
Futed Again (and again ...)
« Reply #3498 on: January 12, 2019, 03:03:14 AM »

3 guard, no Oubre Wizards beat Bucks.   The not so good Satoransky goes for trip doub.

Try watching the game.
And being informed.

First off, Wiz didn't use 3 guards.
Saturn-Beal-JeffGreen-Ariza-Bryant.
Remember, they waived AuRevior. And Baker.  Chasson played 13 backup mins.  2 guards.

Secondly, the key is no Wall.  They play better as a team, with more guys involved, and a bigger role for Beal.  With no Wall. No Wall.
Get it into your head, better with No Wall ...

As for Uber, they replaced a promising pup with a solid vet at the same position.  Swapping Uber for Ariza is a win-now for Wiz.  Says nothing about Uber.

Thoid or is it 4th by now(?), Saturn had 6 TO's including one where he just chucked the ball into the stands.  Bucks also hunted him on D.  One sequence three straight possessions they went at him.  Brogdon scored over him in the paint, then Middleguy posted Sato up, followed by Bledsoe attacking him.  Saturn gives effort on D, but gets jittery feet and isn't terribly strong.  So while Saturn had a good game, you missed the negatives (TO's and weak D). 

The real heroes for WASH were Green and Ariza (combined 10-19 on 3's).  JeffGreen was having a rather JeffGreen game, driving coast-to-coast and losing the handle on the gather, clanking shots, driving baseline and getting blocked at the rim.  But then when Bucks got within two mid-3Q, Green splashed a pair of key 3's.  Then Ariza pumped in 2 more.  And Ariza and Beal forced Buck turnovers.  2nd half, Sato was the 4th best starter for Wiz.  Basically Wiz rode a strong 1Q (+14 Pts) and when MIL made a run, Green & Ariza took care of bizness.

Brogdon was thinking about his own trip-dub but then in the 4Q had two poor turnovers.  Well, good ideas poorly executed, easily stolen. 
Bo = big Brogdon fan.

The other game you were touting Double Dekker as an Uber replacement.  He had a nothing stint in this game, including missing both of his FT's.  A zero in 13 mins. 

As for Geo Hill, who you had as a significant pickup and tabbed as a starter next to Bleedingso, he was 0-4 FG with 2 turns and 0 points. 
I do think Hill can help them, but he's inconsistent.  And a bench guy behind Brog.

Story of the game was probably that Anti-Greek didn't play.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 03:08:14 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: January 12, 2019, 12:56:21 PM »

Hawks with a road win v. Philly.
Embiid was out, but that's a bad loss for '6ers.
Good for us.

So here are some questions:

1) Should the Knix trade for Lonzo?
Some package of Mud +.  Or Franc +
Lakes probably need someone more steady than Mud, and he's not much good without the ball and that's gonna be in leBj's hands.  So not very likely to work.

2) Should the Knix trade for Fultz?
PHI is getting nada from him, he doesn't seem to want to be there anymore, PHI wants to make a run this year, his value might sink lower, etc.  Do they want Mudman?  Same problem as LAL, ball is going to be in Simmons hands.  They could use shooting.  Do they want Courtly?  Dotson?  Tim?  Geez, Fultz makes $8.5M this year and almost $10M next.  NY hardly seems the place to rehabilitate, but we've become known for reclamations under Fizz.

3) What would it take to get Simmons?
Simmons is super-talented, except for the most basic thing in basketball, actually shooting the ball.  And the fit isn't great with Embiid, also an interior scorer.  And they need to make sure Butler is happy.

Would they take: Mud + Tim + Vonleh?  It would give them a PG (of sorts), a 3-point shooter (streaky), and a hardworking handyman to fill in.  PHI might consider it if we threw in this year's 1st rounder, say just Top 4 protected.  And next year just Top 1 protected.
Knix would have KZ - Simmons - Knox to build around.
That could attract a legit FA.

4) Pa Bev?
What does LAC need?
We could part with one of Dot/Trier.
I'd love to have Pa Bev's pitbullishness next to Tim.
He'd up the intensity on these Knix, even if he is aging.
Too bad it looks like they are giving up on Teodosic.

5) John Wall.
He's set to make $38M next year escalating to $47M 3 years later.
Mopey, poor shooting, lax on D, injury concerns.  gets to the rim at will.  Probably available and not hard to match his current $19M --  Wall for Courtly and Mud -- but what a crazy risk he'd be.  It'd be some bold ish for NYK, but likely a disaster. 
Wall - Tim - Knox - Vonleh - KZ

These are all unlikely, but just trying to see how we could snag a quality starting PG.  Obviously, Fultz would be a gamble, Ball intriguing, Simmons a prize, Pa Bev a somewhat minor move, and the final option off-the-wall.

Usually I look for backup PG's who could take over, but I don't think there's much out there.  I like VanVleet, but he's short and his margin for error low.  This year a bit below last year.  Terrific backup.  I'll have to see who else it out there, but I don't think there's much.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 01:15:55 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Phew!
« Reply #3500 on: January 12, 2019, 01:14:22 PM »

So glad BoZ is not our GM!
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: January 12, 2019, 01:28:36 PM »

I'd like to have Simmons, Ball or PaBev.
I'd take a chance on Fultz if the price was reasonable.
Knix have a lot of minor assets.
Need to find a PG somewhere, sometime.
A good GM should be exploring options.

Wall is the scary option.
Best to stay away.

Bo's Parameters:
1) The only untradeable Knick is KZ.
2) I'd rather not trade Knox or this year's 1st round pick -- but would part with one of those for a high level talent.
3) I'd like to keep Vonleh, but don't want to overpay to do so.
4) Everyone else is available.

Anyone disagree with those?

5) I'd like to keep one of Dot/Trier and see Mitch and Franc develop -- but any or all of them could be tossed in deals.  Problem is their value isn't that high yet.  So they are probably worth more to us than to other teams.
6) I'd like to trade Courtly, Mud, Tim, Lance, Kant.  For value and/or cap space.

Any quarrels?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 01:31:47 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: January 12, 2019, 02:47:20 PM »

Interesting

Not sure I would be moving that first rounder at this point.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: January 12, 2019, 03:03:26 PM »

We couldn't get Simmons even if we included our pick, unless it was after the lottery and we had the top pick. So you can safely remove that from consideration. We just don't have the blue chip player to send back which they would demand.

Fultz is interesting on one level for the Knicks given Fiz having some success with reclamation projects. But it's a bit odd to invest in Mudiay and then toss him for a more expensive, higher upside, more troubled version who is similar in many ways. It wouldn't send a great message to the other young players.

For cap reasons, they'd have to include Wilson Chandler, which means they'd need Vonleh back (they've supposedly already inquired about Vonleh). So the question is, re-wording your trade offer, would you do this:

THJr + Vonleh + Mudiay for Fultz + Wilson Chandler and, say, a top-18 protected 1st and a future second?

We don't need Chandler but he still has value, so I'd like to reroute him to Sacto along with Courtly and the Philly second rounder for Z-Bo, McLemore, and either Koufos or Shump.

In addition to Simmons not being attainable, Wall should be avoided at costs given the contract and injury risk, the Clippers aren't a trading partner given we are free agency rivals with them and Beverley is not on the right timeline for the Knicks. We should be targeting 26 and under players only in trades.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: From the You can't make this Up! dept.
« Reply #3504 on: January 12, 2019, 04:09:31 PM »

Enes troubles all stem from his open mouth.

Kanter sitting out ill from practice because he ate too many cheeseburgers.

You guys aren't embarassed by his terrible defense
You aren't embarassed when he stupidly tweets opponents like Devin Booker who comes back roast him
What about when he can't practice because he tweeted himself eating 7 cheeseburgers??!

HOW ARE YOU NOT EMBARRASSED BY THIS FOOL??

HE is a laughingstock.

Starbury level pariah

the funny thing, Kam, is he's not.

but you with your obsession have certainly made yourself the laughingstock of this forum

Yeah... Enes eats himself out of town but i'm the bad guy.

He's right, man.

You've never been a tedious motherfucker, but I have no idea what's going with you now. We get it. You don't like Kanter. Are you going to spend another 10,000 messages telling us that?

When Enes misses games because he ate 7 cheeseburgers i expect someone on this forum to mention it.

You guys let me do it.

If it were Jerome James i'm sure there's be a whole chorus of voices joining mine.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: January 12, 2019, 05:58:22 PM »

THJr + Vonleh + Mudiay for Fultz + Wilson Chandler and, say, a top-18 protected 1st and a future second?

At that point, you'd have to know that Fultz is fixed and ready to go.
Lotta risk otherwise, giving away 3 assets for a question mark (and possibly a zero).  No can do.

Wil is kind of broken down.
He fouls a good deal because he can't really do what he tries to on defense anymore.

Vonleh & Mud for Fultz seems more like it.
And hard to do without knowing more on where Fultz is at. 
It's conceivable the guy just pockets his full rook contract and leaves the NBA quietly.  Or maybe the injury is unfixable.  Or gets fixed.  Just an enigma for now.

I'd probably stick with Mud & Vonleh unless we thought Von was going to be hard to re-sign.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: January 12, 2019, 06:40:44 PM »

Wil, Mud, and Noah are all on expiring deals.

Essentially you are looking at Fultz v Hardaway. I’d take the chance on Fultz at ten million less knowing you can cut bait on him a year early or keep him for just over mid level money if he seems to be pulling his weight. We’d have cash to throw a sheet at Vonleh in free agency where Philly would have no special rights.

I think we’re seeing peak Hardaway and there is no clear evidence he’s a top 5 guy on a winning team. Fultz may still have that potential if he can recover and break through what has caught up with him so far in his career.

If we’re also getting picks back sign me up all the more.

Kufos or Zach for Kanter. Kanter and Burke for Kufos and Zach.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: January 12, 2019, 07:00:59 PM »

No indication Ball or Fultz will be dealt

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: January 12, 2019, 09:08:50 PM »

Best to stay away.

Bo's Parameters:
2) I'd rather not trade Knox or this year's 1st round pick -- but would part with one of those for a high level talent.

5) I'd like to keep one of Dot/Trier and see Mitch and Franc develop -- but any or all of them could be tossed in deals.  Problem is their value isn't that high yet.  So they are probably worth more to us than to other teams.
6) I'd like to trade Courtly, Mud, Tim, Lance, Kant.  For value and/or cap space.

Any quarrels?

Heh

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
GM BoZ
« Reply #3509 on: January 12, 2019, 10:06:14 PM »

Best to stay away.

BoZ's Parameters:

Any quarrels?

BoZ's Parameters

1) Guess you mean KP. Lets see if he's the same player he was before we decide he's untradeable.
2) You were trading this year 1st round pick (top 4 protected, ain't that something) AND next year 1st round pick (TOP 1 = UNPROTECTED). How about adding another 1st round pick, just for the heck of it!

Would they take: Mud + Tim + Vonleh?  It would give them a PG (of sorts), a 3-point shooter (streaky), and a hardworking handyman to fill in.  PHI might consider it if we threw in this year's 1st rounder, say just Top 4 protected.  And next year just Top 1 protected.

Oh, and you're getting rid of our vets, but would like PaBev. Nice consistency.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 1844