Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 918119 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #4185 on: February 04, 2019, 08:26:26 AM »

Tobias mentioned prominently for Brooklyn.  But yes, many options.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: February 04, 2019, 08:43:54 AM »

No Prez, Kawhi has not been mentioned, but he can't be ignored or dismissed.  Max plus one is max plus one, and due diligence is due diligence.

But do you really trust "the inside dope" that KD is really interested in NYC?  It's along time until July...

Also Kyrie - he of the flat worlders - seems pretty skittery about how he feels on any given day...say the Celts make a deep run, then maybe Kyrie will decide - hey the earth is round and the navel is Beantown...

just saying - who knows what lurks in the hearts of men.....

I just heard Spencer Pearlman in the last Knicks Film School pod day that heard from two different in the knows (on on GS side and one Knicks) that KD is coming. Not might but is.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: February 04, 2019, 08:50:28 AM »

Why are you asking all those questions?  Its all over the news.  KP requested the meeting and the trade

Then, Mills...

"We don't want anyone here that doesn't want to be here"

Of course ideas were already in the works, because that is their job.

And among a reported 8 scenarios, Dallas was best. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 08:52:39 AM by kiidcarter8 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: February 04, 2019, 09:55:38 AM »

No Prez, Kawhi has not been mentioned, but he can't be ignored or dismissed.  Max plus one is max plus one, and due diligence is due diligence.

But do you really trust "the inside dope" that KD is really interested in NYC?  It's along time until July...

Also Kyrie - he of the flat worlders - seems pretty skittery about how he feels on any given day...say the Celts make a deep run, then maybe Kyrie will decide - hey the earth is round and the navel is Beantown...

just saying - who knows what lurks in the hearts of men.....

I just heard Spencer Pearlman in the last Knicks Film School pod day that heard from two different in the knows (on on GS side and one Knicks) that KD is coming. Not might but is.

Yeah.  Knicks are hiring all of Durant's friends.  Looks promising. 

I still think we need a center.  How about we consider keeping Jordan?  Hopefully KD would be OK with this.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: February 04, 2019, 10:01:40 AM »

Why would Durant come to NYK?
To play with Knox and Smith Jr and Franc?

Durant would be a terrific fit for BKY!
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Jack Straw

• View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: February 04, 2019, 10:25:39 AM »

From Pearlman's lips to gods' ears but  we've got five months to slog through before an UF has to make a decision.  Seems a bit early  to start picking out the drapes.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: February 04, 2019, 11:10:30 AM »

Obviously Durant would be amazing, but the key is Kyrie.

- if Kyrie comes Boston is pretty much out of the running for Anthony Davis (AD is far less likely to resign if Kyrie isn't there, and that means Boston's offer is going to be less rich given the risk it's only a rental). I like the Knicks odds of outbidding the Lakers much more than I do their odds of outbidding the Celtics with Kyrie

- it damages the most promising team in the East, with all due respect to the good looking teams in Philly, Milwaukee and Toronto

- Durant is obviously more likely to come if Kyrie comes

- it frees us up to trade DSJ for another piece. DSJ has loads of potential, but he isn't ready for a super team. He's all tools and no hoops IQ right now; he'd actually be a bad fit on a team with Durant. Mudiay is better, but not much, but maybe Mudiay settles for the room exception after all our cap is spent. Anyhow, trade DSJ for a similarly rated defensive minded wing or a big that can soak up minutes at the 5, depending on the situation.

Durant is the better player. But Kyrie is the key piece.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: February 04, 2019, 11:58:55 AM »

What would you have?

Kyrie - Mud
Trier - Franc
Knox
Durant
Kornet - Mitch

+ 1 high 1st round pick, something you get for trading Smith Jr, some vet exception pickup.

Don't think we have too many (any?) players ready for a super-team.
Kornet would likely benefit.  Franc wouldn't take a shot for whole months.

We'd have too much yute and probably need to flip Franc and Knox for a solid vet.  But we wouldn't have any salary to attach (Lance?)

Even with Kyrie and Durant coming, Knix would probably be in the 4-6 range in the East.  Guess it depends how we patch things around them.   Just seems way too much of a gamble with their careers to believe that the Knix yute and management can come through.

Looks to me like the Nets could have as much cap space as NYK (actually looks like $2M more) by simply stretching Crabbe after he opts in to $18M.  Or see if anyone under the cap takes his ending $18M deal if they attach a 1st rounder.  Two ways to get rid of Crabbe and Nets could sign 2 max FA's.  They wouldn't have Tangelo signed, but with Dimwiddie and Lavert, they could get along without him.

Nets have a better baseline of talent, a better coach, a more superstar ready team.
Kyrie - Dimwiddie
Lavert -Joe Harris
RHJ - Kurucs
Durant - Ed Davis
Jarrett Allen

That's pretty damn good.
Not sure if they could re-sign both RHJ.  Maybe bring back DMC at $5M.  Ed Davis round the same.  Do-able especially if you can clear all of Crabbe off the books.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Doomsday Scenarios
« Reply #4193 on: February 04, 2019, 12:08:21 PM »

If we don't land a Top 3 pick and strike out on the Upper Level FAs...

Re-sign DeAndre Jordan
Re-sign Noah Vonleh
Kevin Knox
Frank Ntilikina
Dennis Smith Jr.

Trier
Mudiay
Dotson
Kornet
Robinson

The first rounder
The second rounder

One, that's an awful team.  Maybe another sub-20W season. 

Right.  Hence the subject: Doomsday Scenario.  You expected what... 60 wins?

Knix likely would need to sign one or two vets to high-priced one year deals.  Like DeAndretheGiant for 1/$20M or whatever. 

OK you didn't read my post.

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: February 04, 2019, 12:14:11 PM »

Why are you asking all those questions?  Its all over the news.  KP requested the meeting and the trade

Then, Mills...

"We don't want anyone here that doesn't want to be here"

Of course ideas were already in the works, because that is their job.

And among a reported 8 scenarios, Dallas was best.

Why are we hearing Mills and not Perry?

The main thing that the FO could have done better was wait until the deadline.

But its weird we are hearing Mills' voice.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: February 04, 2019, 12:18:11 PM »

Do you have any sense of the oceans of magnitude difference in gravitas between the franchises?

Maybe you are Janis Porzingis???

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: February 04, 2019, 01:20:22 PM »

Winning the title for the Knicks would make you an icon and NYC hero for life. Our fans are desperate for this. Melo tried, and is partially given respect despite his downsides because he WANTED to be a Knick, and win here.

Think Messier to the Rangers. No one remembers that he won multiple Stanley Cups for Edmonton, as Gretzky was given the credit, but he's an icon for just the 1994 season.

Nets have no where near the fan base or history in NYC as they are still second fiddle. I live and work in BK with live long folks and talk is always more about the Knicks. In fact, I rarely hear anyone talk about the Nets, even as they have improved a lot this year.

KD + Kyrie both won titles as clear second fiddles to their teams, Lebron and Curry are the faces where as both could be seen as winning it together and remembered together as the two that did it.

Not saying the Nets are an unattractive destination but it's just not the same.

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: February 04, 2019, 01:34:53 PM »

- if Kyrie comes Boston is pretty much out of the running for Anthony Davis (AD is far less likely to resign if Kyrie isn't there, and that means Boston's offer is going to be less rich given the risk it's only a rental). I like the Knicks odds of outbidding the Lakers much more than I do their odds of outbidding the Celtics with Kyrie

- it damages the most promising team in the East, with all due respect to the good looking teams in Philly, Milwaukee and Toronto

- it frees us up to trade DSJ for another piece. DSJ has loads of potential, but he isn't ready for a super team. He's all tools and no hoops IQ right now; he'd actually be a bad fit on a team with Durant. Mudiay is better, but not much, but maybe Mudiay settles for the room exception after all our cap is spent. Anyhow, trade DSJ for a similarly rated defensive minded wing or a big that can soak up minutes at the 5, depending on the situation.

Absolutely, biz.

When I heard the Lakers wanted to trade for AD I was dubious about what they have right now to offer. Some of their young players are not showing enough to be worth it to NO. We also have some intriguing prospects, even as bad as we are, IsoZo, Mitch, DJS, Frank (still, I guess) but of course our pick this year + extra future picks.

One issue is if we get the #1 pick, I believe I posted this, we would need to renounce Trier. We could then use the room exception on him, who I gather we'd rather keep than Mudiay. Yet, if we trade Frank that could solve that problem instead.

Kyrie has to sign with us for AD to have a chance of coming.

Pearlman, who's known for his draft scouting, also noted that the gap between Zion and the rest has gotten even wider.  He also feels that the 2nd tier of talent (which he no longer included Moran, btw, after his recent showings), picks 2 & 3, is only as good as the 3rd tier of talent last year. Of course, things change and some players grow or regress, but right now it seems whoever wins the lotto this year is practically a PowerBall winner in terms of how big it seems.

One thing about Moran is if we are keeping DJS, would wonder if we'd draft a PG, yet we also know as raised by him is that you shouldn't draft based on need, unless it's not quite clear who's the better prospect.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 02:34:11 PM by PrezIke »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: February 04, 2019, 02:25:19 PM »

If he is picking the coach, I agree.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: February 04, 2019, 02:37:40 PM »

I think Kyrie may be the best player this side of LeBron

That said - I dont look to bring him in just yet.  My focus is on D Smith at the point.

Now...... if Durant and Kyrie truly WERE a package, of course you go that way and move on from Smith.
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 1848